Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?

Go down 
+5
Mr. Jeebles
Trygon
Dr Shlub
Malus
Aeri Tyaelaria
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aeri Tyaelaria
Anxious
Aeri Tyaelaria

Current Win Points : 37

Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? Empty
PostSubject: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:06 am

Since we have a texture pack recommendation thread I thought a mod one would be good to.

Note: Most mods require Risugami's ModLoader or his AudioLoader. Link:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=80246

Secondary Note: Alot of Mods are saved as a RAR file, these need WinRAR to open:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Third note: MAKE SURE YOU READ THE REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH MOD. Some require nothing to be installed where as others require other mods to support several functions or the entire mod. Make sure you read carefully before blindly downloading them.

~Aeri Recommends~

Too Many Items-
Basically an in-game inventory editor. Good for making the game feel like classic once more, plus if you install a mod which requires items which would be a pain in the ass to get you can use this to spawn them.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=152174

Airship mod-
Adds balloon/airships. Now has the ability to fire arrows! Helpful for crossing vast amounts of nightmare terrain and taking a birds eye view of your world.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=178612

Biosphere-
This is a cool mod as it turns the world into a set of biospheres, very fun if you use something like Airships with as Diamond is easier to find (But a tad inaccessible without some major building work). This mod does have some drawbacks, one being that if you fall you end up in the void, so trying to get the rocks with diamond which float about is a challenge. The other problem is the spheres are small, so large structures might be out of the question (Unless you feel like removing ALL the glass).
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=80246

Portal Mod-
One of the best mods I've come across in my time on Minecraft. This mod gives you the ability to construct those much loved Portal guns, great for getting into hard to reach areas and also create secret entrances to bases (although mobs can still pass through them). This mod also includes music disks which have "Wish you were gone" "Still alive" and the classic radio loop from Portal. There are also lovely Companion cubes, which heal you when you click on them (VERY helpful when you're out and about). The last thing which is worthy of mentioning is that you will get epic GladOs sentry turrets. These little turrets will fire upon mobs to protect your base! but the only problem is that you MUST edit the settings, the sentry turrets are first set to fire on ANYTHING which moves, including you and tamed wolves. If you edit the settings you can make it hit other mobs or just offensive ones.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=215961

~Aeri's Watch list ~

This is a list of mods I am currently watching as they're currently in development. Why not check them out to see what's coming?
Aether Collab:-
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=211244

~Other Recommendations~

Dr Shlub wrote:
Zombe's Modpack is bloody brilliant, fly mod on it's own is awesome, but it's got some other cool things like the weather control mod and more info mod.
Trygon wrote:
Nethercraft - Generates a Nether that you can live in without needing to go back to the Overworld ever again. Makes for a great change of scenery if you want something different out of the game.

MCDungeon - This isn't actually a mod. It is a tool that adds to existing maps. It generates a mega-dungeon in your world, filled with spawners and treasure. Each one is an adventure in its self to conquer, with a maxed out dungeon having over 100 rooms.

Whilst this isn't a mod, it can place dungeons through your buildings, so make back-ups anyway.

Suggesting Better then Wolves; http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/253365-166-better-than-wolves-mod-v263-upd-june-27/

I will definitely be installing this one soon. It adds a lot of stuff that fits into the game very well, and is sort of what you would expect to eventually see added anyway. It enhances the game rather then just add a ton of crap which doesn't really fit. But then again, this is something I look for in mods. This mod is also extremely well coded and put together, with almost no bugs. I have also been told it has been optimized very well, so there shouldn't be any lag issues. It is the highest quality mod I have come across so far.

I also adore the attitude of the creator. A very sturdy personality, lets just say.

~FAQs~

Q: I downloaded a mod but it comes up as a "RAR" file, what do I do?
A: Download WinRar from the link above. Really you should use WinRar for all mod extractions and to move mods into the Minecraft.Jar (Open the Minecraft file within the bin with WinRar archiver).

Q: I downloaded (Mod) and I want to change the settings on it. How do I do this?
A: Some mods allow you to change the settings, as an example I will use the Portal Mod. You have to look through the mod files untill you find a PROPERTIES file. Open it as a Notepad document and you can then change the options. Make sure you READ the instructions to how it works and that you understand how it works.

Q: This mod won't work, I just get a black screen!
A: DELETE META INF
A2: If you have check you have installed it all CORRECTLY
A3: Make sure you have ModLoader installed.

Q: One of these mods has a bug!
A: I haven't spotted it if I have posted, make sure you contact the creator and don't have a go at me.

Last edited by Aeri Tyaelaria on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:59 pm

It'd be great if you could add the links to those mods.
Back to top Go down
Dr Shlub
Anxious
Dr Shlub

Current Win Points : 49

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Zombe's Modpack is bloody brilliant, fly mod on it's own is awesome, but it's got some other cool things like the weather control mod and more info mod.
Back to top Go down
Trygon
Anxious
Trygon

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Nethercraft - Generates a Nether that you can live in without needing to go back to the Overworld ever again. Makes for a great change of scenery if you want something different out of the game.

MCDungeon - This isn't actually a mod. It is a tool that adds to existing maps. It generates a mega-dungeon in your world, filled with spawners and treasure. Each one is an adventure in its self to conquer, with a maxed out dungeon having over 100 rooms.

Whilst this isn't a mod, it can place dungeons through your buildings, so make back-ups anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astronomican.com/member.php?374-Trygon
Aeri Tyaelaria
Anxious
Aeri Tyaelaria

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Dr Shlub wrote:

I personally like another mod called "ModPack". Does all this but also gives you spawning and 'Power of Notch' item.

@Trygon+Dr Shlub I'll add them

@Malus. I can't get onto Minecraft forums or Minecraft wiki (I keep getting an error from 'Curse.com' saying the network is down) as soon as I get them back I'll add these links.

EDIT:/// Trygon+Shlub I tried using your links but I got the curse.com network thing again. Is this happening for you?
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 pm

I understand! Yeah, I've heard the forums are down. I wonder why...
Back to top Go down
Aeri Tyaelaria
Anxious
Aeri Tyaelaria

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Malus wrote:
I understand! Yeah, I've heard the forums are down. I wonder why...

The server software (Curse.com) is having maintenance issues. So all sites using it are closed.
Back to top Go down
Dr Shlub
Anxious
Dr Shlub

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Curse fucked something up so Minecraftforums/wiki are down along with some others. Although I have heard rumors that this is lulzsec's doing.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Who is lulzsec?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Lulzsec are the guys that have been hacking everything recently.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Oh. Well, that complicates things, I imagine.
Back to top Go down
Aeri Tyaelaria
Anxious
Aeri Tyaelaria

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:

I don't get hackers. Why hack websites like that?
At least hackers who do it to bank accounts aren't wasting their lives y'know?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Aeri Tyaelaria wrote:
Mr. Jeebles wrote:

No, I don't know actually. You're implying that stealing someones hard earned money is a good thing. The fuck is good about that? They hack things for the lulz, Lulzsec. I'm not saying it's right, but it's just what they do. Pick fights with Anonymous (That's actually pretty funny), hack the CIA, PBS (That was more funny, still illegal, but hilarious and not really hurting anyone), etc.
Back to top Go down
Aeri Tyaelaria
Anxious
Aeri Tyaelaria

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Aeri Tyaelaria wrote:
Mr. Jeebles wrote:

No, I don't know actually. You're implying that stealing someones hard earned money is a good thing. The fuck is good about that? They hack things for the lulz, Lulzsec. I'm not saying it's right, but it's just what they do. Pick fights with Anonymous (That's actually pretty funny), hack the CIA, PBS (That was more funny, still illegal, but hilarious and not really hurting anyone), etc.

No no no no. I'm just saying if you're gunna hack something hack something worth while? Not a website to do with a friggin' online game. I'm not ENDORSING hacking in anyway shape or form. Rather saying it seems REALLY sad to hack something as tiny as the sites which use Curse (which are all minimalistic).

anyway this is trailing off topic. I guess it is kinda funny when they hack those places, but also important because it shows there is OBVIOUSLY a hole in their security which they NEED to fix (Hence I hear they usually 'recruit' the hackers to show what they did and help create a way to stop it)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:40 pm

If Lulzsec can hack the CIA, I think they can break whatever measures Curse takes to try and stop them... It's also unclear if Lulzsec even did it, so yea.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Personally, I'd have to recommend Moriarty. He seems like a pretty cool guy, and what's not to love about Sherlock Holmes references? Of course, bilo and Lisa are also good choices, and it all comes down to personal opinion, so I guess I recommend them all, if that's possible. If you're only going to go with one, though, I'd definitely take Moriarty into consideration, even if it's ultimately your choice.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Andy... Read the thread...

Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? Doublefacepalm
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Untainted
GLaDOS

Current Win Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:49 pm

BRB lawling forever because this thread is even in the minecraft subboard XDDDD
Back to top Go down
Aciidwire
Anxious
Aciidwire

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:41 pm

I kinda sorta really laughed.
Back to top Go down
http://aciidwire.deviantart.com
Aeri Tyaelaria
Anxious
Aeri Tyaelaria

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:

Well like. It's an easy mistake.. I should change the title.
Back to top Go down
Aeri Tyaelaria
Anxious
Aeri Tyaelaria

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
If Lulzsec can hack the CIA, I think they can break whatever measures Curse takes to try and stop them... It's also unclear if Lulzsec even did it, so yea.

But why go from hacking the CIA to hacking something as small as Curse? Seems odd...

But yea, could just be a server error or someshit.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am

Mr. Jeebles wrote:

My good man, this thread had a point. I intentionally missed said point for comedic purposes. You have apparently missed the point of me missing the point.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Dr Shlub
Anxious
Dr Shlub

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:44 am

Perhaps the joke was too subtle

Aeri Tyaelaria wrote:
But why go from hacking the CIA to hacking something as small as Curse? Seems odd...

But yea, could just be a server error or someshit.
It's unlikely, but always possible, although the problems Curse is having doesn't look like a DDoS attack.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:27 am

It isn't hacking. Curse's servers experienced hardware malfunctions, and they had to order in replacement parts.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 pm

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
Mr. Jeebles wrote:

My good man, this thread had a point. I intentionally missed said point for comedic purposes. You have apparently missed the point of me missing the point.

I did consider that it might have been a joke considering it was you who posted it, but nor did I find it funny in the first place. Either way it was quite hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?   Any Minecraft Mods you recommend? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Minecraft Mods you recommend?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next