Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Totheark - Inquiry

Go down 
+23
Thage the Minithulu
arsenicPopsicle
The Stem
RAStafarian
Cronos
Mr. Jeebles
ExorcistGamer
The_Jewels_91x
Sachael
LucidDream
Aeri Tyaelaria
re
XuchilVith
KillstheBeat
Zander
bilo
ChaosGamma
MadameMiz
BlackWolf
Apples
Malus
Allan Assiduity
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Shit always goes down after 11. Well the title is Inquiry, so maybe "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd" is a question?
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Shit always goes down after 11. Well the title is Inquiry, so maybe "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd" is a question?

Nah, the "inquiry" is "Who are you?" and/or "Do I help or do I kill?"

maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd, depending on who you ask, is either "pictures of you" or "without center"
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Related tweets.
Quote :
Those videos are so inconsistent. It's like they're being made by different people. No way I can prove that, though.

Quote :
SPLATspazz wrote:
J, how are you not the least bit concerned over where Alex is nowadays?
@SPLATspazz It's what I'm trying to figure out. The closer I feel I get, the more I feel I don't want to know.

Now, let's read that first one again.
Quote :
Those videos are so inconsistent. It's like they're being made by different people. No way I can prove that, though.
Back to top Go down
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Probably their in-game way of saying "TTA is a group of people you 'tards"

so further speculation about TTA should probably use that as a starting point
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:30 pm

I've been theorizing it's more than one person for quite a while. Not a large group though. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I don't think it's to many people, just definitely more than one or two.
Back to top Go down
Cronos
Untainted
Cronos

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 pm

The_Jewels_91x wrote:
I went to Google translator, pasted "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd" In and then I opened another tab and typed in seuiam picrtnes. When the letters are flipped the right way the language is french. I wonder if maybe there's a different order to the letters. from the first word I see is" I, Am, se, u. Maybe I am completely wrong. I just think totheark wouldn't just put a message in another language and flip it upside down, it just seems that he would do something more complicated..

But I also notice at the end of the video It has a bunch of zero's at the end. I already know it's common for totheark to include 1's and 0's in his videos. All of the 1's and 0's are Binary. If only someone could translate the binary 1's and 0's.

I can translate them, but I can't tell you what they are supposed to be. If they are meant to represent letters or numbers that's easy, but if its alphanumerical (numbers and letters), i would need to know the coding system used. I'll get on it now, but no telling when I'll be able to get it done.

Edit:
Its actually just a bunch of 0's. No ones to be found. so he is either saying "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" (screaming. appropriate.), or "000000000000000000000". no code in these numbers. saddening.
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
I've been theorizing it's more than one person for quite a while. Not a large group though. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I don't think it's to many people, just definitely more than one or two.

Well, we already know that both J and Alex were film students. Is it safe to say that maybe Tim was too? And we haven't heard anything from Brian, was it actually comfirmed that he's dead?

On the topic of "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd", I keep trying to flip and rotate it in my head and all I seem to get is "Main Sentient". I looked that up on Dictionary.com and it gave me this:

Quote :
Sentient:
1. having the power of perception by the senses; conscious.
2. characterized by sensation and consciousness.

Not sure if that helps. Maybe TTA is asking J if he's aware of his actions or clues in his past? Maybe of what's truely going on around him?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:

Well, we already know that both J and Alex were film students. Is it safe to say that maybe Tim was too? And we haven't heard anything from Brian, was it actually comfirmed that he's dead?

You don't have to be a film student to know how to make creepy videos, it helps but there are plenty of people with talent. I really wouldn't look into video editing history. As for Brian, it's not confirmed but some people highly suspect that he is. I am one of those people, others think he is Sinclair.
Back to top Go down
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Assuming TTA is a group, I think Seth is one of 'em

Poor Seth...
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Maybe each person uses a different code?
Back to top Go down
KillstheBeat
Observer
KillstheBeat

Current Win Points : 44

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Sachael wrote:
Assuming TTA is a group, I think Seth is one of 'em

Poor Seth...
I really like the idea that he and Brian are involved with TTA, especially if either of them had been able to access the original "Marble Hornets" footage before shooting ended. We really didn't see them that often, and there's relatively no mention of them following their assumed disappearances :/

Otherwise, I'm holding out for the notion that Alex and/or Jay are TTA and just doing it for the lulz.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Personally, I think Seth and Brian are dead. I'm really not sure about Sarah, there's still a chance she's involved.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm still sticking with my Sinclair/Jessica being TTA/part of TTA/making the videos theory. Summed up here.

Of course, as always, there's still the possibility of someone else, and really anyone from the original production of MH could be involved.

And, as a completely useless aside, I swear I remember hearing somewhere that Troy had said that Brian was dead. Since I can neither remember where I heard this nor find the comment in question, that really does nothing to help, does it?
Back to top Go down
RAStafarian
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:31 am

Ok, so i checked dictionary.com for "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd", if you type in "minus" the World English Dictionary pronunciation is "maɪnəs" and "sɛntrɔɪd" is the World English Dictionary pronunciation for "centroid" which means "the center". So "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd" is translated to "minus the center" referring to the picture of the brain, his memory gaps and who he becomes or IS during those lapses in memory.
Back to top Go down
The Stem
Untainted
The Stem

Current Win Points : -2

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:59 pm

RAStafarian wrote:
Ok, so i checked dictionary.com for "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd", if you type in "minus" the World English Dictionary pronunciation is "maɪnəs" and "sɛntrɔɪd" is the World English Dictionary pronunciation for "centroid" which means "the center". So "maɪnəs sɛntrɔɪd" is translated to "minus the center" referring to the picture of the brain, his memory gaps and who he becomes or IS during those lapses in memory.

Referring to Jay losing his memory for 7 months. The tunnel/"ark" was part of the videos he found that he doesn't remember, also featured in entry 48.

EDIT: For those of you who don't know, there is a theory that this tunnel that keeps reocurring in the series is what totheark means. Why Alex has been going there in the first place, why Jay has been there, etc.
Back to top Go down
arsenicPopsicle
Untainted
arsenicPopsicle

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Zander, that second screencap...
I do believe that is a skull. You can see the nose cavity between the zeroes. Anybody else see this?
Back to top Go down
http://dripsanddrabbles.tumblr.com
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:50 pm

I think it's a room or alleyway. It's better when you see it in motion.
Back to top Go down
arsenicPopsicle
Untainted
arsenicPopsicle

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Zander wrote:

Actually, you're exactly right. If you pause at 0:57 you can very clearly make our brick walls.
Back to top Go down
http://dripsanddrabbles.tumblr.com
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:08 pm

You are you / But who are you

If I had to hazard a guess, he's hinting at how Alex has been proxied (at least, implied to be), and how it's implied Jay's done the same during his memory lapse of several months. Maybe he's trying to get Jay and/or Alex to reassert himself, so to speak, to fight off Tall and Silent's influence?
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 am

Zander wrote:
If it's an alleyway I find myself wondering if it points back to the alley briefly seen in the mangled footage from Entry 26, the one with the unidentified figure walking into a flashing light

Man when Marble Hornets finally reaches its conclusion, whether that's next series or whatever, I hope Troy and Joseph release a companion book explaining all the things we never unravelled. I know Troy's said in an interview that there's stuff we never caught in series 1's TTA videos
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am

I absolutely love this TTA response. It's like a freaking movie line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
maskornomask123
Untainted
maskornomask123

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:32 pm

WTF totheark now is getting really scary
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:00 pm

I think they've been pretty scary, especially when you're in the post-MH mindset and you've been successfully sleep deprived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totheark - Inquiry   Totheark - Inquiry - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Totheark - Inquiry
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2