Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Things You Shall See

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

The Things You Shall See Empty
PostSubject: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:11 am

I didn't want to do this, but I've decided that the best course of action is to shamelessly plug my blog, after trying to do it subtlety for so long. And this thread may justify its existence in the future if everything goes to plan...

But yeah, the blog. I have only had probably 2 hits that weren't me or adbots in the last 3/4 weeks, and without readers, the blog will fade away after a certain point. So, I leave a link (or just click the one(s) in my sig), so that everybody can read it to their hearts content.

The Things You Shall See

Wait...you want a brief summery? Ok, guy's running for 8 or so years. His wife is a proxie. He wants to save her, but she serves Slendy first and foremost.Wacky shenanigans ensue, and...well that'd be telling Razz. It's not as bad as it sounds, but I could be biased there.

And please, if you do read it (after all, it's only 13 posts so far!), tell me what I'm doing wrong, if anything. I can take criticism, like a real man!

*Shameless plug over, and hangs head in shame...
Back to top Go down
That One Kid
Untainted
That One Kid

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 am

Going at it right now, champ.

Edit: Why did I call you champ?

Edit two, a brand new review: Well, it seems a bit difficult to follow, but that might just be me. Like, I really would have been lost for a while if you had not told me the plot.
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:41 am

Thanks That One Kid Smile

I probably need to get into detail with the explanation a bit. After re-reading, I thought I'd done more exposition then I actually had, but now I know that I need to fix that up a little bit. Thanks for the feedback.

Oh, and call me champ if you want, I don't mind Razz*Picturing myself as Little Mac from Punch-Out*
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Reading it right now... I love the vagueness, though the explanation of the plot did help me understand what was going on, so it might not be as clear for the other readers. I also love the references to mythology and psychology, and the idea of the main character's wife being a proxy.

Also, WHY did you have to set this up in the North West? WHYYYY?

EDIT: Finished reading. I'm hooked, it's really good so far. Normally, it's bad to get to Slendy so fast, and it seems to focus a lot on proxies, but you pull it off really well, turning these supposed "no-nos" into strengths. I can't wait to read more!
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks for the feedback Ladnek Smile
I'm going to try and strike a balance between vagueness, and more explicit detail in further posts. The last Slenderblog I wrote was almost post-modernistic in it's vagueness, and it still seems to seep through in my writing style. As for the NorthWest setting, blame Twin Peaks Razz
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:50 am

Just throwing this out there that the first act of The Things You Shall See is finished. So if you fell out of the loop, or missed it the first time, than feel free to jump on the (rather small, rickety) bandwagon, and give it a read. Any criticism is highly welcome.

So, Act 1 done, and keep your eyes peeled for Act 2.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 pm

I'd just like to say that I am loving it so far! Characters are really cool, and its still pretty creepy, so that's good. I'm loving all that you're doing with the proxies, it's all just epic. Can't wait for Act II!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Things You Shall See   The Things You Shall See Empty

Back to top Go down

The Things You Shall See
Page 1 of 1