Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

The Mythos RPG: Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shusshoku
Untainted

Current Win Points : -3

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 pm

I begin running down the forest trails, following the coach. I should probably tell him about my exhaustion, since it might have to do with being dehydrated, but don't. I'm probably just still tired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XuchilVith
Stalked

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:04 pm

"What the fuck?" I say, looking back at the recently extinguished light. I tell myself it's just a coincidence, but paranoia is starting to set in. I start to jog, glancing over my shoulder every now and then as i go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:12 pm

`shadE wrote:
I take back the book, pausing for a little before closing it. Twiddling my pencil in my right hand, I stand and face the boy, surveying his face with inquisitive eyes. "What's your name?" I ask, tilting my head to the side slightly.

He pauses for a long time, looking down at his feet as though in thought.
"Anthony."
Starts to turn away.
"I need to go now."

shusshoku wrote:
I begin running down the forest trails, following the coach. I should
probably tell him about my exhaustion, since it might have to do with
being dehydrated, but don't. I'm probably just still tired.

(Just going to say, you got a terrible set of rolls this time.)

Coach keeps pulling further ahead, but you can't make your legs move any faster. You try, but it feels like there's a wall holding you back. Just going at the pace you are now is exhausting.
When he realizes you aren't behind him, coach turns the bike around and comes back to you. "Hey, you okay?"

XuchilVith wrote:
What the fuck?" I say, looking back at the recently extinguished light.
I tell myself it's just a coincidence, but paranoia is starting to set
in. I start to jog, glancing over my shoulder every now and then as i
go.

You swear that there's something out there, but you have no idea what it is. Jogging is getting you back home faster, but it just doesn't feel fast enough, and every moment you're expecting something to reach out of the darkness for you....
Headlights flash on in front of you, blinding you for a moment. A man starts to get out of the car which has stopped before you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
`shadE
Untainted

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm

"W-Wait! Not so fast...!" I call, taking a step after the boy and reaching out to tap his shoulder with my pencil. I let my sketchbook fall to the ground absent-mindedly, seemingly forgetting its existence for a second or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 pm

`shadE wrote:
"W-Wait! Not so fast...!" I call, taking a step after the boy and reaching out to tap his shoulder with my pencil. I let my sketchbook fall to the ground absent-mindedly, seemingly forgetting its existence for a second or two.

He flinches when you tap him with the pencil, but relaxes soon afterwards.

"Y-yes?"
Back to top Go down
shusshoku
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 pm

I bend over and try to catch my breath. "Yeah... It's the weight conditioning... Lost some stamina... Lets keep going though..." I keep jogging forward along the trail, albeit at a much slower pace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XuchilVith
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 pm

I turn around and break into a full-out run back the way i came, sweating and panting. All i can think of is to get to someplace lit and populated, where i might be safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Moving my response to 'shadE to this page so it doesn't get lost:
Omega wrote:
`shadE wrote:
"W-Wait! Not so fast...!" I call, taking
a step after the boy and reaching out to tap his shoulder with my
pencil. I let my sketchbook fall to the ground absent-mindedly,
seemingly forgetting its existence for a second or two.

He flinches when you tap him with the pencil, but relaxes soon afterwards.

"Y-yes?"

shusshoku wrote:
I bend over and try to catch my breath. "Yeah... It's the weight conditioning... Lost some stamina... Lets keep going though..." I keep jogging forward along the trail, albeit at a much slower pace.

Coach: "Alright. But make sure you're ready for the match! I can't have you falling out like this during it."

You're able to handle the slower pace. Coach takes you through several trails you've never been on; many of them require a lot of quick footwork to keep from tripping. Looks like coach is finding a way to fit another workout into this one.

[quote="XuchilVith']I turn around and break into a full-out run back the way i came,
sweating and panting. All i can think of is to get to someplace lit and
populated, where i might be safe.[/quote]
You run as fast as you can towards the most well lit area you can see; a 24 hour fast food place. You're trembling when you reach it, from fear and exhaustion.
The same car you saw earlier pulls up to the restaurant, and a moment of panic grips you, before you realize that it's a police car. The window rolls down, and the officer inside speaks.
"Is everything alright, ma'am? We saw you running."
Back to top Go down
`shadE
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 pm

"I-I, uh... I'm kind of...". As I struggle with words I scratch the back of my head with the tip of my pencil. "...I'm just a bit alone, that's all." Hiding my embarrassment at the ridiculous reason for stopping the poor boy, I look down at the ground, shuffling my shoe in the grass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XuchilVith
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:42 pm

"Oh... my... God..." I manage to say between gasps, "You... scared the... shi-crap... outta me..." I plop myself down on the pavement to catch my breath. "Yeah... i'm fine, just... paranoid, i guess... It's dark and all... Y'know?... Sorry."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shusshoku
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 pm

I smile as I begin to understand the coach's plan. Even if he gets me into trouble sometimes, he knows what he's doing. In fact, he probably planned this all along. He knew my stamina would be a lot lower because of the weight conditioning, so he probably did this to make my steps quicker and sharper in order to compensate. This foresight is the reason I admire the coach.
I see buildings in the near distance, which should mean the trail is about done, so I speed up a little to finish strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alliterator
Observer

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 am

Mrs. Burke slid the check over the desk, with $150 neatly written on cursive. This ensured I started work immediately on her case, but it was just a downpayment -- it all depended on how long the investigation lasted, how many supplies I had to use. I wasn't sure she would agree to anything over this amount, so I decided just to see how the case looked at first.
Quote :
Mrs. Burke: "It started out he'd go out at night once a week, but now he's going out almost every other day. He keeps coming up with more excuses, usually that he has work.... He works for city hall, by the ways.... Lately, he hasn't even been coming home until the next afternoon. I've confronted him about it, but he denies everything. I just need someone to find me real evidence."
I ask her if she has a picture of her husband and his work schedule all written out. It would make things a hell of a lot easier, but I've had some clients who didn't like to make my job easy at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:29 pm

`shadE wrote:
"I-I, uh... I'm kind of...". As I struggle with words I scratch the back of my head with the tip of my pencil. "...I'm just a bit alone, that's all." Hiding my embarrassment at the ridiculous reason for stopping the poor boy, I look down at the ground, shuffling my shoe in the grass.

He pauses, and looks around the park nervously. There's still the crowds in the park. A few of the homeowner's association type people are looking at Anthony with obvious unhappiness, wondering what such a shoddily dressed child is doing in their proper neighborhood.

Anthony: "I can't stay for very long...."

XuchilVith wrote:
"Oh... my... God..." I manage to say between gasps, "You... scared the... shi-crap... outta me..." I plop myself down on the pavement to catch my breath. "Yeah... i'm fine, just... paranoid, i guess... It's dark and all... Y'know?... Sorry."

Cop: "Sorry about that. Do you have any friends you could call? It's not a good idea to be walking around the streets on your own at night like this."

shusshoku wrote:
I smile as I begin to understand the coach's plan. Even if he gets me into trouble sometimes, he knows what he's doing. In fact, he probably planned this all along. He knew my stamina would be a lot lower because of the weight conditioning, so he probably did this to make my steps quicker and sharper in order to compensate. This foresight is the reason I admire the coach.
I see buildings in the near distance, which should mean the trail is about done, so I speed up a little to finish strong.

Once coach gets out of the forest, he pulls his bike to the side. When you finish, he hands you a water bottle.
Coach: "Well, you got your second wind towards the end. That's good. Now drink up; you need to keep hydrated."

alliterator wrote:
Mrs. Burke slid the check over the desk, with $150 neatly written on cursive. This ensured I started work immediately on her case, but it was just a downpayment -- it all depended on how long the investigation lasted, how many supplies I had to use. I wasn't sure she would agree to anything over this amount, so I decided just to see how the case looked at first.
Quote :
Mrs. Burke: "It started out he'd go out at night once a week, but now he's going out almost every other day. He keeps coming up with more excuses, usually that he has work.... He works for city hall, by the ways.... Lately, he hasn't even been coming home until the next afternoon. I've confronted him about it, but he denies everything. I just need someone to find me real evidence."
I ask her if she has a picture of her husband and his work schedule all written out. It would make things a hell of a lot easier, but I've had some clients who didn't like to make my job easy at all.

She hands you a picture of her husband. He's middle aged, hair graying slightly, growing bald patch.
"He always works from 9 to 5 on weekdays at the City Hall. I don't know where he goes after that, until he comes home."

Broeckchen: As it often is, this Saturday is being spent inside your home, with your books. Wonderful, glorious books.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:44 pm

I finally catch my breath. "Uh, i guess i could call my friend John. He doesn't live too far away," i tell the officer. "But i don't have my cell phone on me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shusshoku
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:11 pm

I reluctantly grab the water bottle and take a sip. I have to be careful not to drink too much. With a match coming up, more water weight will just be a nuisance to get rid of. The coach keeps telling me to drink more but I don't want to indulge too much.

"Alright Coach, I'm good now. What's next?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
`shadE
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:27 pm

I hesitate and also glance around, trying to follow the boy's glances. I then turn to him, tucking the pencil behind my ear. "Yeah, I-I don't think I should stay very long, either... B-But, uh, I'll keep an eye out for you if you ever wanna hang out or something." I give a small smile. "Sound good?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 pm

XuchilVith wrote:
I finally catch my breath. "Uh, i guess i could call my friend John. He doesn't live too far away," i tell the officer. "But i don't have my cell phone on me."

The officer looks at the passenger seat, and speaks with what you're assuming to be his partner. He then turns back to you.
"You can borrow one of ours, if you want."

shusshoku wrote:
I reluctantly grab the water bottle and take a sip. I have to be careful not to drink too much. With a match coming up, more water weight will just be a nuisance to get rid of. The coach keeps telling me to drink more but I don't want to indulge too much.

"Alright Coach, I'm good now. What's next?"

"Grab something to eat for recovery nutrition, then get you cleaned up for the interview. We've got two hours before you need to be ready."

`shadE wrote:
I hesitate and also glance around, trying to follow the boy's glances. I then turn to him, tucking the pencil behind my ear. "Yeah, I-I don't think I should stay very long, either... B-But, uh, I'll keep an eye out for you if you ever wanna hang out or something." I give a small smile. "Sound good?"

He tries to smile. It's hindered by nervousness, but a small grin grows.
"That'd be nice."
He suddenly stands bolt upright, and quickly looks around.
"I have to go now." Voice is very rushed, and he doesn't even wait for an answer before he turns and runs off.

Gustybv: Another weekend has come, another lonely week ignored by those your age behind you. The house is empty save you at the moment, your parents having gone out for errands earlier.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 pm

"Oh, uh, okay thanks" i say. I stand up and walk towards the officer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gustybv
Anxious

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:31 pm

With nothing else to do in the house, I decide that getting out for some fresh air would probably be best. I grab my purse containing my phone, house keys, and a can of mace (just in case) and head out for a walk downtown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
`shadE
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 pm

I momentarily look confused at the boy's sudden ridged appearance, but have no further time to speculate as he runs off. I watch him until he is out of sight, then wander aimlessly towards the far side of the park in the growing darkness, leaving the forgotten sketchbook in the grass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alliterator
Observer

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:27 am

Quote :
She hands you a picture of her husband. He's middle aged, hair graying slightly, growing bald patch.
"He always works from 9 to 5 on weekdays at the City Hall. I don't know where he goes after that, until he comes home."
I check the calendar for today's date (I remember it's a day that ends in y) and then my watch to see if I can still catch Mr. Burke before he leaves work. While I checking my watch, I ask Mrs. Burke, "Is there anything else you think I should know about your husband before I start the investigation?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shusshoku
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:01 am

"Yes, sir!"
I jog off, thinking of where to go and decide to go back to the gym. Hopefully someone's there and wants to go out for breakfast. I've been meaning to get acquainted with some of the other boxers at the gym, but haven't had the chance yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broeckchen
Observer

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:11 am

I contently dig around in my shelves. I just finished Robinson Crusoe, and now I hunger for more fantastic literature again. Sadly, I've read most of the books on my shelf at least twice, and I'm so eager to bury myself in something I don't know yet. So, despite my better judgement, I begin to roam the house searching for something I didn't read yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Omega
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:33 pm

XuchilVith wrote:
"Oh, uh, okay thanks" i say. I stand up and walk towards the officer.

From inside the patrol car, you hear the officer's partner saying, "This really necessary, Frank? It's not like something's going to happen to her in this place."
Other cop: "Hey, better safe than sorry, right? 'Sides, she looked scared to death when we saw her."
The officer hands you the phone.

Gustybv wrote:
With nothing else to do in the house, I decide that getting out for some fresh air would probably be best. I grab my purse containing my phone, house keys, and a can of mace (just in case) and head out for a walk downtown.

And fresh air you get. Fresh as a suburb not too far from the cities has, but it's still fresh. Ish.
It's sunny outside, with a few clouds. Cookie cutter houses stretching down as far as the eye can see.

`shadE wrote:
I momentarily look confused at the boy's sudden ridged appearance, but have no further time to speculate as he runs off. I watch him until he is out of sight, then wander aimlessly towards the far side of the park in the growing darkness, leaving the forgotten sketchbook in the grass.

Noooo, the poor sketchbook, you were it's only friiiieeeeeend!
The sun hasn't quite set all the way when you reach the edge of the park, but it's getting there. The large number of people you originally saw is starting to thin out, as they go home.

alliterator wrote:
Quote :
I check the calendar for today's date (I remember it's a day that ends in y) and then my watch to see if I can still catch Mr. Burke before he leaves work. While I checking my watch, I ask Mrs. Burke, "Is there anything else you think I should know about your husband before I start the investigation?"

"No.... That's all I can think of."

shusshoku wrote:
"Yes, sir!"
I jog off, thinking of where to go and decide to go back to the gym. Hopefully someone's there and wants to go out for breakfast. I've been meaning to get acquainted with some of the other boxers at the gym, but haven't had the chance yet.

The gym's got a few people there; early morning regulars. You've seen them often enough to know their faces, but never learned their names. Most ignore you when you come in, but a few give a nod of recognition/greeting.

Broeckchen wrote:
I contently dig around in my shelves. I just finished Robinson Crusoe, and now I hunger for more fantastic literature again. Sadly, I've read most of the books on my shelf at least twice, and I'm so eager to bury myself in something I don't know yet. So, despite my better judgement, I begin to roam the house searching for something I didn't read yet.

Roaming the house, you realize that the number of books you haven't read it growing steadily smaller. All that's really left are the books annoyingly high up on the shelves. Accursed height nonsense.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:18 pm

I give the officer a small smile as i take the phone from him. I punch in John's
number and pray he's at home. The phone rings once... Twice... Three
times...

(I guess you're John as well?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mythos RPG: Game Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Mythos RPG: Game Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum