Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

This Golden Radiance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: This Golden Radiance   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:44 am

I've been cooking up a little project for a while. A continuation of my

first Slenderblog, if you will. And now, it's begun.

We Shall Be Gods

But it can't go on without a little...help. It's pretty much an ARG-Lite or a little less then that. A conundrum of puzzles with a plot. So, you like puzzles, and want to find out some of the answers to loose ends from my first blog, then please, do read it. But there'll be no Nazis this time. And don't worry if you haven't read my first blog (Protip: It wasn't that great in my opinion), you should be able to understand it. Hopefully. Even if you don't, you can still have fun with the puzzles.

Shameless plug, over.

Last edited by Shayde on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 am

i have no idea what I need to be looking for in that picture, no clue whatsoever, not even a hint of a clue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shayde
Watched

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:53 am

There's a hint for the first puzzle up now. I admit, it is a fairly difficult one to crack, and in the context of things, is possibly the least important part of the plot/puzzles/thing.

(or is it? Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ladnek
Watched

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:05 am

Well, considering how much I'm loving The Things You Shall See so far, I'm definitely going to check this one out. Looks like I'll have to read through your first blog, then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormecho
Untainted

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Given I have followed your first blog, I jumped for the chance to do this.

YAY PUZZLES
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:02 pm

huh enlarge and zipping, still nfc, but i'm not necessarily tech saavy, and I feel it involves winzip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snore-De-Bliss
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:32 pm

did you hide a zip file in the jpeg or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shayde
Watched

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 am

Snore-De-Bliss wrote:
did you hide a zip file in the jpeg or something?

Bingo...?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:22 am

thats what I got too, i just dunno how to fix that, aside from changing the jpeg info to zip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shayde
Watched

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:36 am

zero wrote:
thats what I got too, i just dunno how to fix that, aside from changing the jpeg info to zip

Spoiler:

Hope that helps. I kinda regret using that one so early on now, but it's too late to change it now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snore-De-Bliss
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Spoiler:

I remember some sort of creepy topic on the 4chan ~paranormal~(/x/) board somebody posted one time where the guy basically did that and hid a bunch of other files in a certain way, so that when you'd open them in a specific fashion it'd make a weird ass .txt file, was some pretty cool stuff all in all. Is that the type of puzzle you're shootin' for here with this blog?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:17 pm

So, after unzipping the file, I got this:

The Book of Nothing

1. In the beginning, before everything, there was nothing. A blank space. An empty space. Nothing. There was no form or thought. There was no emotion or instinct. There was only the Nothing. No time, no sense, no sound. Only Nothing
2. Then came the arrival of everything. From the Nothing came the worlds. From the Nothing came life. At first it was small. Separate individual forms, among the nothing. These joined with one another, through chance alone. They joined and took on shape. They gained form.
3. These forms began to feel. Their senses sharpened, as did their minds. Then it occurred. The first thought. Echoing out among the white darkness. Echoing out alone. Then soon, another followed. Then more again.
4. Among the blank canvas, came emotion. Fear, happiness, pain. All in an instant. These forms these creatures, looked at one another, taking in each other with sight. Then they began to communicate.
5. The talked, with both mind and mouth, forming connections between one another. They began to share between each other. Share thoughts and feelings. They began to name things. They were the First Ones. The Creators. The Runners of a new dawn.
6. But that is a lie…
He was there, before they arrived. Watching.

Ibkc qljhvghph rl nwrghp chwp tgbfcphk. Bi yls ilfflv clvk rgh pwaabr glfh, rgwk cl klr cl ql wflkh. Qgwph rgh bkilpjwrblk nbuhk rl yls, wkc vwbr ilp isprghp bkqrpstrblkq. Gh bq phrspkbkn. Ah phwcy.

Tried a Caesar Cipher, but it didn't work. Not sure how to go about this one.

As for the audio... I reversed it, then increased the speed of the playback. What is this I don't even-

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/14/1866097//AREYOUWATCHING.mp3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shayde
Watched

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:35 am

Just going to post to clear up possible confusion.

Okay, I should mention that this is heading into its second phase, which will be a little puzzle light. Mainly because they weren't really working, which is my fault, and they needed re-thinking. Hopefully they'll return a little better later. The title and background change is due to the plot arc I'm embarking on (beginning with my latest post), and 'We Shall Be Gods' sounded a little pretentious. Files are also available through Mediafire, because I was having trouble with the other services. They don't contain viruses and stuff for anyone worried.

Also, some of the things recently introduced I'm planning on making open source at some point. But if you REALLY want to use either the 'Apostles of the Sun' or the 'Path of Golden Radiance', than feel free to contact me and I'll see what can be arranged.

That's it, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Golden Radiance   Today at 12:58 am

Back to top Go down

This Golden Radiance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: