Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Slendernoms: Reheated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DannyMurrayLives
Untainted

Current Win Points : -32

PostSubject: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey guys, I've revived Slondernoms; you know, that blog that looked at gamejackers? Hell, they even reviewed NEFR at one point (which I'm both honored and ashamed of). It died in February of this year; however, I've decided to revive it. I believe this will be more of my thing; I'll probably be better at doing reviews than the usual "OMG I HAVE A SLENDERBLOG WORSHIP ME!"
Here is the link. Feel free to PM me any reviews and/or gamejack-y messages that you find; I'll credit you appropiately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DannyMurrayLives
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Does anyone know any review-worthy blogs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arsenicPopsicle
Untainted

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Omega's "Smiting The Gods" is far more than just review worthy, and can be read beginning to end in a day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dripsanddrabbles.tumblr.com
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:40 pm

arsenicPopsicle wrote:
Omega's "Smiting The Gods" is far more than just review worthy, and can be read beginning to end in a day.

Slendernoms is supposed to review Gamejacking stuff; unless DannyMurray is branching out from what the original Slenernoms did. And I don't remember ever intentionally gamejacking people with StG....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Maduin
Observer

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:30 am

I thought about how to word this politely, but decided not to.
Your "Slendermons" is crap. It's badly written, unfunny and you're so full of yourself in it.

Stop making it and delete it. You'll do the internet a favour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Maduin, I really wish I could say that you were blunt enough. But I posted a detailed response to why this was doomed to fail and why he needed to bring his ego down a few notches on Unfiction, and his response was "you guys are overreacting."

Though I fully agree with your assessment, and while I'm sure that many others do as well, I'm pretty sure that we're clearly the ones who are wrong here for not recognizing the hard work that he's put into this project that he cares so much about that he doesn't even check to make sure the name of the blog he's piggybacking off of is spelled right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
DannyMurrayLives
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:15 pm

I've changed it the title to Slondernoms: Reheated. And in response to Omega's post, I'm branching it out to more than just gamejackers; I might do some reviews on parodies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:53 pm

1. You have given no real reason as to why you've changed the purpose of the blog.

2. It was initially misspelled and initially waved off when it was pointed out to you. The point still stands.

3. In addition, you've only answered to some of the least pressing concerns we have. I refer you back to Maduin's post. There are several concerns raised in there. They all still stand as well.
Back to top Go down
Maduin
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:01 pm

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
1. You have given no real reason as to why you've changed the purpose of the blog.

2. It was initially misspelled and initially waved off when it was pointed out to you. The point still stands.

3. In addition, you've only answered to some of the least pressing concerns we have. I refer you back to Maduin's post. There are several concerns raised in there. They all still stand as well.

Translation to blunt:
You are a twat that has no real ability to write, even less judge other people's works. Please refrain from continuing this until you stop sucking.
Sincerely, me.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout

Current Win Points : 487

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:25 pm

I have no idea of the conext, but I know some fightin' words when I see 'em.

Any more aggressive posts here and I shall divide them into a new thread and relocate it to the "flamewars" board. Unless of course, you decide to take it to flamewars yourselves, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Kashi
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:21 pm

People, give him a rest. He deserves to do what he thinks is right the same as we have our chance to create our Slenderblogs. Just because his entries are (really) harsh and tend to offend people doesn't mean he should be reviled... I think.

Still, that doesn't mean that he should speak in that tone. Sorry to tell you this, DannyMurray, but that kind of stuff, even if I said you are not one to be shouted at and insulted, doesn't form a good image of you. While the blogs you reviewed could be as bad as you say, maybe they had some good points on them, which are good for people to know about. Only bashing the blogs you review makes people think that you hate everybody and have only a biased point of view, only bothering about seeing what's wrong or ugly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oracleofmadness.blogspot.com
ExorcistGamer
Watched

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Kashi wrote:
People, give him a rest. He deserves to do what he thinks is right the same as we have our chance to create our Slenderblogs. Just because his entries are (really) harsh and tend to offend people doesn't mean he should be reviled... I think.

Still, that doesn't mean that he should speak in that tone. Sorry to tell you this, DannyMurray, but that kind of stuff, even if I said you are not one to be shouted at and insulted, doesn't form a good image of you. While the blogs you reviewed could be as bad as you say, maybe they had some good points on them, which are good for people to know about. Only bashing the blogs you review makes people think that you hate everybody and have only a biased point of view, only bothering about seeing what's wrong or ugly.

If I’m right, the main reason people are annoyed about this is because he made No Escape From Reality, one of the biggest gamejacking blogs out there.

When you make something like that then take up a project like this, it's kind of...well...weird.

With that said, I don't want to get involved in any sort of flamewar but this question has been bugging me and I need to ask it in a fair way:

You were complained at for gamejacking with your blog and from the sounds of it you had nothing to do with the original Slondernoms project. I understand that it hasn't been done in ages so you decided to pick it up but my question I got to ask is:

Did you ask the original makers of it if you could take it as your own? Because if you didn't then that means ironically you're doing an OOG form of Gamejacking. If you have been given permission, then fine, that's all I needed to know. If not, then you do realise that "no updates" doesn't mean "okay to take and do it myself" right? That's just stealing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maduin
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:10 am

ExorcistGamer wrote:

Did you ask the original makers of it if you could take it as your own? Because if you didn't then that means ironically you're doing an OOG form of Gamejacking. If you have been given permission, then fine, that's all I needed to know. If not, then you do realise that "no updates" doesn't mean "okay to take and do it myself" right? That's just stealing.

This is part of my main gripe, not NEFR. I loved NEFR, it was funny.
What I hate is that he piggybacks ooff other people's work and does so with a disturbing lack of quality, while acting so pleased with himself. He is also impervious to criticism. I am not going to be gentle with people like this.
Back to top Go down
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:06 am

Why would you blatantly take the idea of someone that disliked you so highly?

I don't get it. Is it an attention thing, or did you want to try doing an idea that had worked in the past? If you needed ideas, you could have asked for help.

I know of plenty of writers that would prefer to help come up with an original idea than see you steal.

Also, why didn't you credit the people that HAVE helped you? Not doing so after all their hard work and your promising to do so is a slap to the face.

You've offended me, and numerous people that could have helped you. I'm sorry, but at this point you need to change your attitude before I try reading your work again. Good day to you, sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fearmythos.blogspot.com
zero
Stalked

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:43 am

I don't think the topic itself, of GJing Slenderblogs is big enough to merit a weekly update, god I hope not...

While I find the concept slightly amusing, I just don't see there being a lot of material that hasn't already been covered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DannyMurrayLives
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:39 am

New post :http://dontthrowawaytheleftovers.blogspot.com/2011/09/poem-i-am-slender-man.html I'm gonna save the Nippled Avenger for April Fools Day. In the meantime, I'm considering reviewing H(a)unting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm actually gonna say that the poem wasn't too bad.

But anyway, I'm here mostly to give you some advice: since Slondernoms was originally not a review site at all, but more a catalog of gamejacking. Now, since you're doing reviews, there's something you should keep in mind.

A good review will always at least attempt to bring up good points as well. Usually, there's at least something good to say about it. And when you say what's bad, be sure to state why exactly it doesn't work in a calm, thoughtful manner. Nonstop bashing isn't a review. It's just flaming. Just something to keep in mind in advance as you go into this.
Back to top Go down
DannyMurrayLives
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Spoiler:

The newest post, with a(n un)surprising revelation. Here it is. People who want to whine and moan about this should go to the flamewar thread.

MOD EDIT: Merged due to triple posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slendernoms: Reheated   Today at 2:50 am

Back to top Go down

Slendernoms: Reheated
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: