Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Similarity of Symbol to Chzo

Go down 
+2
Vivi
Slusho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Slusho
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

Similarity of Symbol to Chzo Empty
PostSubject: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Has no one noticed that the Tribe Twelve symbol looks like the Chzo Mythos (from the quadrilogy of games created by Yahtzee, who does Zero Punctuation) symbol? The two mythoses share many similarities, like the fact that slender man and the tall man look very similar, so maybe it's a nod to Yahtzee's games?
Similarity of Symbol to Chzo 288pxalwaysobservingyou

Similarity of Symbol to Chzo Icon_of_Chzo
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:38 pm

REALLY interesting! When i first saw the observer symbol, I immediately thought it was a super simplified version of a common mandala pattern I've seen before.
Similarity of Symbol to Chzo Mandala-coloring-in-pages-11
Of course there are variations, but that's the best example I could find.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that TT is inspired by such a thing, but if I'm remembering right, according to a conversation I once had with Adam/Nimbus/Noah, it isn't a mandala, and it was just created on a whim.

Still pretty interesting stuff in hindsight, though, especially your find, Slusho.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
MailOrderMan
Untainted
MailOrderMan

PostSubject: Re: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:19 pm

I doubt TT took anything from any other something.

It's just two eyes cross together, I feel it's the only symbol perfect for the Observer.

If the Chzo Mythos is a nod to the SlenderManMythos, then that would actually be pretty awesome to say he least. I noticed it when someone went off the handle and called Adam out, saying he "stole from Chzo and ripped off [Chzo and some other little known things/series/mythos/whatever]"
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Untainted
Kashi

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Spoiler:

Have you people ever wondered why the Tall Man from the Chzo Mythos is almost identical to Slendy?
Back to top Go down
http://oracleofmadness.blogspot.com
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:41 pm

MailOrderMan wrote:
If the Chzo Mythos is a nod to the SlenderManMythos, then that would actually be pretty awesome to say he least. I noticed it when someone went off the handle and called Adam out, saying he "stole from Chzo and ripped off [Chzo and some other little known things/series/mythos/whatever]"

Chzo came first, so it can't be referencing Slendy.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Slusho
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Yeah, the first game with the Tall Man came out three years before Slender Man was first posted.
Back to top Go down
apokAlypse
Untainted
apokAlypse

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Omega wrote:
MailOrderMan wrote:

Chzo came first, so it can't be referencing Slendy.
Unless this Yahtzee guy was/still is stalked by him or have seen him and made this character that's allmost identical to him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Similarity of Symbol to Chzo   Similarity of Symbol to Chzo Empty

Back to top Go down

Similarity of Symbol to Chzo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads :: Tribe Twelve-
Jump to: