Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Entry #31 Discussion

Go down 
+9
TripleDPie
Empty
The Doctor
Satyrcynic
BlackWolf
Cyber
LisaEvermore
LuciaInFurs
bilo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bilo
Taken
bilo

Current Win Points : 311

Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of that, but am too lazy to go frame-by-frame. *lazes around, eating soup*
Back to top Go down
http://animal-nitrate.deviantart.com/
Mr. Kroc
Untainted
Mr. Kroc

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:10 am

I agree with more or less everything that's been posted. Although I can't help but feel that this entry fell short, I still have that same naive optimism that I had when the second series began.

My only problem is that they keep raising questions without giving ANY answers, clues, or anything whatsoever. It would be nice for them to throw us a bone and maybe resolve a minor plot point once in a while.

I sincerely hope that the lack of Slendy has a specific purpose in the plot. I think it'd be awesome if J found something to keep Slendy at bay in those 7 months of drunken forgotten stupor, which would explain why he's never around.

What if whatever is in the safe is some sort of relic or item that is like a repellent for creepy tall guys, and he put it in there knowing that it would be better for him to never get it out? J is not a dumb guy, he might have thought a few steps ahead while he was all nutso; I'm assuming that he payed for the advance stay in the hotel in that period.
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Detective wrote:
Are you guys kidding? Four entries into the last season and we barely knew anything. Let the guy take his time, he knows what he's doing. I enjoy the build-up. It makes for a longer series anyway. If we started where we left off, we would've had like another three entries and Jay would be dead.

tl;dr Quit whining, trust the guys.
OK. Let's see what happened over the course of the first four entries:
Intro: Obviously introduces us to several past events, and Jay starting to examine the tapes.

#1: Jay finds the first out-of-place footage. Slenderman makes his first appearance, and the implication that Alex is/was in some kind of serious trouble is established.

#2: I'll admit, this one's basically filler. Still establishes that Alex has encountered Slenderman (presumably) early into filming, and before he started going crazy.

#3: Reveals that Alex was taping himself extensively.

Now let's compare that to the first four season two entries:
#27: Jay has amnesia and is in a place he doesn't recognize.

#28: A safe, a key, and some pills are in Jay's hotel room. None of those seem to have any relevance after this entry (not counting one tweet). Jessica shows up and doesn't do anything notable, other than "HEY I KNOW YOU". Which could be anything.

#29: Noentry.wmv or whatever. First Slenderman appearance of the new season. And some blood.

#30: Jessica is weird.

So yeah. I'd have to say the first four season one entries were at least more interesting than the first four season two entries.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh, I'd say that there's definitely some plot going on in this episode. First of all, it really does seem like hoodie guy is following him. It really, REALLY puts into question whose side Jessica is on. I mean, she asks if he's feeling okay and talks about memory loss. While he was giving inconsistent information, this translates into: "I think I know what's up with you and think we're going through the same thing," or "I know who you are and I'm taunting you by revealing that I know exactly what's been happening to you."

By the way, I can't be the only person who expected Hoodie to grumble "What the hell do you want? Can't you see I'm taking a piss?"
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 am

Mr. Kroc wrote:
I agree with more or less everything that's been posted. Although I can't help but feel that this entry fell short, I still have that same naive optimism that I had when the second series began.

I'm kind of hoping it follows the old saying of "when it rains, it pours". Hopefully, we'll get some good buildup or something and then Slendy will be all up in Jay's grill. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Glomple
Untainted
Glomple

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:24 pm

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but doesn't the video seem to only lag when Jay points it at his own face?
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 pm

I thought it was cleaned up quiet a bit in the revamped version he put up. I could actually see his face better in the revamp then the older one, where as the lag and wash seemed more prevalent in the landscape shots.
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
ParaBellum
Untainted
ParaBellum

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:54 pm

At this point, I think there needs to be some back story. What I mean is, Jay should look through his computer to find any videos that he recorded during his "vacation". This way, we can begin to figure out what exactly is going on; perhaps, eventually, the connection to Jessica could be explained, as well as Alex's fate. Also, I find it hard to believe that during the 7 month period Jay didn't record anything except Entry #29, so hopefully we'll get some more back story soon.
Back to top Go down
http://slendermanmustdie.blogspot.com/
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 pm

That's a good thought. You'd think he'd have had SOME kind of record of what happened. Unless he lost it, or Slendy/proxy stole it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry #31 Discussion   Entry #31 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Entry #31 Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2