Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Massive Minecraft Builds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

Massive Minecraft Builds Empty
PostSubject: Massive Minecraft Builds   Massive Minecraft Builds EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 am

I have just completed my first serious MASSIVE build. Until now I've only ever done small houses and pixel art.

I began thinking I would recreate this temple in San Diego, (Wait for images to load!)
Massive Minecraft Builds Lrg_mormon_temple
but the height limit for blocks in minecraft only allowed for so much detail.
Massive Minecraft Builds 2011-09-29_201154
The topmost blocks you see PRECISELY reach the uppermost limit for any block allowed on the map. (I built it from the top down)
I took a lot more creative liberties when I realized that it couldn't be a replica.
Massive Minecraft Builds 2011-10-01_022050
Still, as you can see, the San Diego LDS Temple was a heavy influence for the project. Unfortunately, there isn't as big a space to explore from the INSIDE as you'd think, and you cant really go into the corner spires. The entire build was made using only Snow Blocks, Glowstone, and Glass.
Massive Minecraft Builds 2011-10-03_234131

I'm considering re-imagining the surrounding area, terraforming the ground by hand myself, (I built this temple in the middle of an ocean biome, so the surrounding area is a blank canvas.) and perching little cottages in hills surrounding the area for fun. If you guys want to download this save to take a look at it yourselves, just ask, and I'll work something out for you.

Now share any massive projects You've been working on!
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Massive Minecraft Builds   Massive Minecraft Builds EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 am

Very nice, Vivi!

I can't say I have been working on anything big (since my Minecraft has been acting funny), but a friend of mine is working on his own adventure map. From what he's told me so far, it's going to be massive and pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Massive Minecraft Builds   Massive Minecraft Builds EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 am

Very nice indeed, the detail and patience for this project is impressive.

So far the only massive project I'm working on (and by working on I mean "only just started") is creating a giant underground facility based upon an anime known as Tokyo Underground.

After that, not sure what I'll attempt. Maybe the Jedi Temple if I’m feeling particularly suicidal on my free time.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Massive Minecraft Builds   Massive Minecraft Builds EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:20 am

Good god Vivi, I haven't had a boner like that in ages.

All I can do is pixel art and that takes almost no skill because I'm just looking at pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massive Minecraft Builds   Massive Minecraft Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Massive Minecraft Builds
Page 1 of 1