Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Der Ritter: SlendeRP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Now, I haven't gotten all the specifics worked out on this, but I wanted to make a thread for it so I don't forget about it. I also want to hear your input, slenderfans.

I'm looking for players who can carry on a story based on a perspective given to them as opposed to one they choose - peasant, knight, lord, etc.

I mean for it to take place seemingly in real time, so that events are paced properly, and so you have a specific deadline to submit your piece. For example, the harvest would take place in August/September of this year. Yes, it's going to be a long ride.

Please give me your thoughts on this. How can I make it better? Are you the player I am looking for? I can has mod? Can you help me set up different sections like in ANiO2? History buffs, what time period are we looking at, here? Any questions at all that I might be able to answer?
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked

Current Win Points : 327

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Furst!!!11
No seriously I'd love to take part.
And I'd love to help if you need any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TripleDPie
Observer

Current Win Points : 49

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm

This sounds crazy interesting and I'm in, not sure how much i can do seeing as im new to how you guys RP but still, i want in on this
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Awesome, boobpie. Shouldn't be too different from normal RP, but I'll be giving instructions and giving out information about the situation through the "Town Crier" or letters from the post. It won't be happening at a very fast pace, either - at least at first. Heheheh.

Also, formal writing is required. This means proper grammar, no chatspeak, etc. Just a forewarning.
Back to top Go down
TripleDPie
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Good, I hate RPs that use chat speak, also,

Detective wrote:
boobpie

I dont know how i feel about this -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Until you explain what your username is supposed to be, I'm going to keep calling you that.
Back to top Go down
TripleDPie
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:39 pm

It what happens when i shorten the phrase "triple the amount of pie" because when trying to come up with a new internet alias since i was sick of using Yado(name adopted from a round of D and D)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackWolf
Watched

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 am

I'd love to join in! I'm not much of a medieval history buff, but I could help you do research.

Do you think we could have it set sometime when they had witch burnings? I'd love to play a woman accused of being a witch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 am

Good luck with it. I'd join but I want to focus on other things I've got going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:12 am

I'll have to do some more research, but as of now it looks like it'll be set in the 900s. Not so sure if they did the witch-burning thing, BlackWolf, but I'll look into it.

Anyone who's interested, I'll make the rules very clear and be very open about communicating if we have any questions about posting or whatever.

Ask away, your questions provoke my mind!
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious

Current Win Points : 68

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:17 am

It's been a while since I took a lesson in European history, but I'd love to be involved in this. This is a really cool concept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TripleDPie
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 am

when you say roles chosen, does that mean the entire character or the type of life they lead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 am

I'm leaving personality and that kind of thing up to the player, but the type of life they lead will be determined by me.

For example, I mentioned knights in the first post. Being a knight means you'd post in a certain board, have special privileges, and have a different goal altogether from, say, a peasant.

Okay, that was pretty vague, but you get my point. I won't be assigning people to character profiles.

Thanks for the interest, Altium! Anything you want to contribute, I'd love to hear it.
Back to top Go down
LostSkeleton
Anxious

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:07 pm

I will love to play...I suggest that it take place during the begining of the black plague. That way you can have less problems dealing with npcs in towns. Because they would all be dead.

Also you must look at how the people would see slenderman. Being very superstitious they would think of him as a pawn of Satan or the devil himself. This can take place in Germany as its suppose and if its going to be months long then you can travel all over germane through it would take weeks to get from one place or another depending on transportation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackWolf
Watched

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Well, the black death happened around 1348, so it may not fit into Detective's time period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteWolf
Observer

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:19 am

Not necessarily true BlackWolf. Even after the initial outbreak of bubonic plague in 1348, there were periodic but slightly less devastating outbreaks of the same disease. The last large European epidemic was in 1720. It's unknown why the outbreaks stopped at that point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmaster
Anxious

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:31 pm

I would love to be involved in this RP.

Black Plague time would be a good setting for a Slender RP, IMO. With the earlier time period, much of the Slender Man mythos changes and perhaps becomes even more threatening. Proxies, for example, can take on a much different role.

The modern Slender Proxy is powerful because of his (supernatural?) abilities to mess with the very fabric of time and space(if his MASTER allows) and frightens because of how easily he invades our 'safe' spaces.

A midieval Slender Proxy could be a bringer of death. A wandering knight slaying those who get in his way and spilling forth plague and putressence on those lands that he passes through.

Anyway, the possibilities intrigue and excite me. It's about a time I got to play in an RP/G as opposed to running one.

EDIT: Though, it wouldn't have to be in the Black Plague time period for that sort of a proxy to make sense. Which ever time period is eventually chosen, I will be happy to play in. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Void, you are most welcome to participate.

Most. Welcome.

I think it would be kinda awesome to have the characters suddenly warped through time or something to the plague era. Or perhaps have a Proxy warped from the plague era and have everyone freak the f*** out.

Thanks for all your thoughts, people!
Back to top Go down
Voidmaster
Anxious

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:59 pm

WOO! Smile

I am excited to see how this turns out. I anxiously await the beginning of what I am sure will be a wonderful, yet terrifying adventure. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:20 pm

*accepts the flattery and works on making a RP that will knock your socks off*

*rubs her hands together in excitement*
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious

Current Win Points : 68

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:37 pm

So, a couple of things.

One of the interesting things that tends to crop up around this time period is the supposed zenith of Middle Eastern society. It might be interesting to tie some sort of Middle Eastern "mythology" to give Der Ritter a bit more history, even in this time period...

This is more than partially inspired by my Call of Cthulhu sessions, don't mind me.

The other thing that I kind of think would be interesting is having a few child characters, particularly taking into consideration that kids can be really creepy and also that Slendy goes after the chillens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thage the Minithulu
Observer

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I might suck bones at German history but I'd certainly like to give this a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:59 pm

The history geek inside me is demanding I play this, but I doubt I'd have the time to do so.... Sad
At the very least, I'll be lurking here to see how it goes, since this does seem interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:04 pm

AAAAAAAAIIIIEEEEEE!!!! OMEGA!!!!!
*glomps Omega*
Would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE participate? I'm such a fan... :'D I'm actually planning on it being a slow-ish RP, giving you guys time to think up awesomeness. Busy schedules aren't a problem.

@Altium: Creepy children? Oh, boy. You can bet your ass on it.
But in the 900s, the Roman Catholic Church... oh wait, I think Germany was Protestant at that time... something to look up.

@Thage: AWESOME! I'll give you everything you need to know about the setting and such. You just write. : D
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Detective wrote:
AAAAAAAAIIIIEEEEEE!!!! OMEGA!!!!!
*glomps Omega*
Would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE participate? I'm such a fan... :'D I'm actually planning on it being a slow-ish RP, giving you guys time to think up awesomeness. Busy schedules aren't a problem.

Well. Wasn't expecting that reaction. Laughing
The sensible part of my brain is desperately trying to convince me that I've got enough writing on my plate already (including three other Slender Man related projects), but I rarely listen to that part when writing's involved. I can try giving this a shot.

Also, Germany wasn't Protestant at the time; the Protestant Reformation began in the 1500s.
900 AD Germany was post Charlemagne, and the start of the Holy Roman Empire (962 AD was when the Empire was officially founded)
This link might come in handy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_roman_empire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Der Ritter: SlendeRP.   

Back to top Go down

Der Ritter: SlendeRP.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Nation :: Roleplay :: Role Play Adverts-
Jump to: