Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Refering sites

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FreedomCaged
Observer

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:44 pm

I like looking at my blgos stats pages because I'm vain because I love looking at statistics and things like that. Anyways, today I noticed something weird this site (be wary it reads like a really annoying infomercial) has linked back to me three times in the last 24 hours. I was courious, so I checked it out, appearently its some kind of program that is supposed to make your blog profitable, though I couldn't find the link back to my site on there. After I discovered that I noticed that I have gotten exactly three hits from Russia, I have no idea how or why this site is sending me Russians, but I'm hardely an example of how to make a profitable blog, I only have 15 subscribers, and I don't make any money of off it. Also, during my first week of running the blog I got a refferal from latestnewstoday.org, I'm not sure why it linked back to me, but now I'm waiting for some incrediably important online scientific journal to referance my amaturish explination of how communitties work, that will simply make my life complete.

So has anyone else gotten traffic from strange site they weren't expecting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyanne
Anxious

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I once came across this site and it gave me a virus,

The end.

Waiwaiwaaait how old are those Russians? They may be pedophiles and it seems to me all that is... is well... a bot that just tells people about your blog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedomCaged
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Cyanne wrote:
I once came across this site and it gave me a virus,

The end.

Waiwaiwaaait how old are those Russians? They may be pedophiles and it seems to me all that is... is well... a bot that just tells people about your blog.

1. Blog Statistics don't tell me how old people are, or really anything about them, for all I know it could be the same person, they just returned to my blog multiple times using the same path, or it could be the Russians took entierly route to my blog, it was just the numbers that made me suspecious.

2. I'm 18, thats a bit old for most pediophiles, besides, you'd think they would try to find someone in their hemisphere before tracking down a random Slender blog if that's their motivation.

3. I don't see why a bot would link to me, of all people. I'm pretty sure its just an advertisment that's using my blog as... an example? I don't know, but it isn't really a bot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Some websites have bots view blogs, so that they get traffic from bloggers curious about who's viewing their blog. Just ignore them; Google usually fix the problem after a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:07 pm

I think that a lot of sites have things where they either link random blogs or just link blogs with even vaguely related tags. I don't think much of them, and I know they're probably not sending me any readers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
Cyanne
Anxious

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:32 pm

FreedomCaged wrote:

1. Blog Statistics don't tell me how old people are, or really anything about them, for all I know it could be the same person, they just returned to my blog multiple times using the same path, or it could be the Russians took entierly route to my blog, it was just the numbers that made me suspecious.

2. I'm 18, thats a bit old for most pediophiles, besides, you'd think they would try to find someone in their hemisphere before tracking down a random Slender blog if that's their motivation.

3. I don't see why a bot would link to me, of all people. I'm pretty sure its just an advertisment that's using my blog as... an example? I don't know, but it isn't really a bot.

1. Ah, that's still kind of weird though.

2. I didn't know how old you were and yeah most likely.

3. I was talking about the Russian views being on your blog and that thing you linked too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dhaos_Lazah
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:37 pm

I've got the exact same site in my stats as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedomCaged
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Dhaos_Lazah wrote:
I've got the exact same site in my stats as well.

Huh, I guess it's going around targeting Slender Blogs for some reason. Still looking at how much some of those blogs make a month makes my want to start advertising on my blog Twisted Evil .

What, don't judge me, I'm a struggleing college student, mininium wage during the Summer is not going to let me get into an apartment next year. I mean, come on, it's not like it really ruins emerision, my character is also straped for cash, heck it almost makes more sense. Come on, everyone do it, that way I won't feel guilty about it on my blog Wink .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Untaunted
Anxious

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:06 pm

It's just a scam. It auto-writes and auto-publishes lots of blogs. All you have to do (supposedly) is type in a few key words (what the lady in the advert refers to, gratingly, as "nitches") and the program writes content to fit the "nitch". (and you can translate it too! no knowledge of another language necessary!)

So, basically, every person who buys the programme can have access to a large set set of stock blog posts. The effect of which would be that hundreds of identical blogs (or at least, blogs with identical facts and writing style) are suddenly uploaded to the internet.

Doesn't it sound great?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedomCaged
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Hey, I'm not talking about using the actual program, I have a policy of never trusting anything that features an advertisment saying "I bet you're wondering right now, 'does this really work?'". It's condesending and annoying. I just want the money AdSense keeps offering me every time I edit my blog or check the stats. Maybe I'll just put it up on my mindscrew blog, that things mostly for show anyways, and it would almost fit the profile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Untaunted
Anxious

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that. I'm just annoyed at the advert and that advertising like that exists. "nitches" *shudders*

GO FIND YOURSELF A NITCH AND HIDE THERE FOREVER DON'T COME BACK OR I'LL, I'LL ...

*ahem* I don't mind adsense. Unfortunately I can't use it on my blog since I already made an adsense account for youtube and I use a different google account for all things Slender. Google! *shakes fist* Y U NO LET ME HAVE ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS? Just found out I can use my already-existing adsense account with my blog. Wow, Google, you really do make it easy for people to earn you money. And I've got the perfect excuse for my character to add it, perfect timing too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
proxiehunter
Anxious

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:50 pm

FreedomCaged wrote:
I like looking at my blgos stats pages because I'm vain because I love looking at statistics and things like that. Anyways, today I noticed something weird this site (be wary it reads like a really annoying infomercial) has linked back to me three times in the last 24 hours. I was courious, so I checked it out, appearently its some kind of program that is supposed to make your blog profitable, though I couldn't find the link back to my site on there. After I discovered that I noticed that I have gotten exactly three hits from Russia, I have no idea how or why this site is sending me Russians, but I'm hardely an example of how to make a profitable blog, I only have 15 subscribers, and I don't make any money of off it. Also, during my first week of running the blog I got a refferal from latestnewstoday.org, I'm not sure why it linked back to me, but now I'm waiting for some incrediably important online scientific journal to referance my amaturish explination of how communitties work, that will simply make my life complete.

So has anyone else gotten traffic from strange site they weren't expecting?

Well, I recently got a follower who doesn't follow any Slenderman/Fear Mythos/Creepyypasta/Horror blogs. The other two blogs she follows appear to be a political blog and a blog by a teacher or some other form of school administrator (My main character is a teacher). I kind of wonder if she realizes what my blog is. The horror elements don't really kick into gear for about three days yet unless you know what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedomCaged
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 am

proxiehunter wrote:

Well, I recently got a follower who doesn't follow any Slenderman/Fear Mythos/Creepyypasta/Horror blogs. The other two blogs she follows appear to be a political blog and a blog by a teacher or some other form of school administrator (My main character is a teacher). I kinds of wonder if she realizes what my blog is. The horror elements don't really kick into gear for about three days yet unless you know what you're looking for.

You realize what this means, right, you have snagged the ever elusive non-mythos follower, this is a rare catch indeed. It is now your sole obligation to make sure that they belive your blog is truely real, and if possible, get them to bring other non-mythos followers to your blog. If this means you must suspend your plot for a little while longer SO BE IT!!!!1!!

Seriously though, that's hysterical, I wonder how he'll react when the weird stuff starts happening, I really hope he comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
proxiehunter
Anxious

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:46 am

FreedomCaged wrote:
proxiehunter wrote:

Well, I recently got a follower who doesn't follow any Slenderman/Fear Mythos/Creepyypasta/Horror blogs. The other two blogs she follows appear to be a political blog and a blog by a teacher or some other form of school administrator (My main character is a teacher). I kinds of wonder if she realizes what my blog is. The horror elements don't really kick into gear for about three days yet unless you know what you're looking for.

You realize what this means, right, you have snagged the ever elusive non-mythos follower, this is a rare catch indeed. It is now your sole obligation to make sure that they belive your blog is truely real, and if possible, get them to bring other non-mythos followers to your blog. If this means you must suspend your plot for a little while longer SO BE IT!!!!1!!

Seriously though, that's hysterical, I wonder how he'll react when the weird stuff starts happening, I really hope he comments.

She. My worry is that real police might be called between the girl getting kidnapped and the supernatural elements kicking into high gear the next day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedomCaged
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:46 am

As long as your character calls the cops before posting she has no reason to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExorcistGamer
Watched

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:51 am

I love when I see non-slender followers come across the blogs. To me, it adds that extra level of realism to it. and also comedy. Like someone who commented on the Fabulous blog. Some non-slender blogger commented on a lot of the posts to do with Fiona's troubles and her last comment was something along the lines of "holy crap! is this real?"

Really entertaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refering sites   Today at 2:05 am

Back to top Go down

Refering sites
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: