Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help

Go down 
+5
PostIt
Vivi
Tiro1000
sethlapod555
benthedreamcatcher
9 posters
AuthorMessage
benthedreamcatcher
Untainted
benthedreamcatcher

Current Win Points : 7

New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help Empty
PostSubject: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:22 pm

I went about the worst way to start a slender man series - with a vlog. Anyways, I'm taking benthedreamcatcher slow until I can get the costume figured out. Would anyone know how to make him look a decent height while letting the actor have at least slight movement while in the costume? Our budget is around 50 dollars for this one. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Well, I'm not sure how much you can do with $50. I would say use stilts, but that would probably cost well over $75 or more. Plus, learning to use stilts would be a hassle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:25 pm

I would also say stilts. Question here is, how tall is the guy playing Slenderman? Slenderman has been known to change his height at will. Personally, I'd say that if you can get someone who is at least 6' tall, you should be good to do a slendy series.

Also, if you can't get someone who is taller than 6', then don't lose hope. I had a video where Slendy was 5'10", and it turned out okay. Just don't do doorways, and you should be good. But eventually, you may want to look into stilts.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:31 am

It really all depends on the shots you have planned/in mind. You have to build your Slendy around that, or your Slendy limitations build the shots available.

For example, if you don't mind cropping out the legs, or "conveniently" having your protagonist put the camera down on a slanted surface, pointing slightly upward, get an apple crate to stand on/lean forward and you COULD have a somewhat shorter person potentially do a doorway scene.

It's all a matter of thinking ahead on how you're going to present each scene and the best way to go about it.

Needless to say, a white/pale smooth mask of some sort and a black suit/tie are non negotiable necessities for Slendy, even if you use a mannequin somehow.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
benthedreamcatcher
Untainted
benthedreamcatcher

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Thank you guys for the input, for now it will be shot-based
Back to top Go down
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am

There are even ways that you can cheat camera drops and various things so that you can have slendy be unnaturally tall, without seeing his legs so he can be on a raised catwalk or what-have-you. Keep cheking craigslist for cheap stilts or other things you might need. Garage sales, craigslist and thrift stores are lifesavers.

The more you can do to make slendy look tall and skinny, the better he's going to come across, but a lot of that just comes down to smart shot planning and costuming. Good luck!!! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
TheTimeParadox
Untainted
TheTimeParadox

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:39 am

I know that my friends used some skin colored tights and just put them on their slendy's head, and they have basically used convenient camera shots to make him seem tall. They want to get their hands on some stilts, like painter's stilts, but they are all really expensive so if anyone knows about some inexpensive stilts please tell me
Back to top Go down
FoundYouForever
Untainted

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:14 am

For the mask, I suggest you buy a pack of pantyhose. Wear at least four pairs over your head after cutting them to the right size. I'm not sure about legs, but for the arms, you're going to want two cardboard tubes and some sort of black cloth (maybe the sleeves of an old black shirt) to stapel around them.
Back to top Go down
Cyanne
Anxious
Cyanne

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:32 am

New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help 133290 1. If you need a black suit go to Goodwill.
2. You can get nice ties on Amazon for six dollars.
3. For the head part get some panty hose, I would've said morph suit but fifty dollars is not going to cut it. If the pantyhose are not white enough wear a white mask underneath.
4. For longer arms use cardboard or sewn cotton arms.
5. To make your Slendy a little bit taller without stilts try boots or always keep him on top of something like an unseen box, stool, etc. Keep him away from open areas, like under doorways and very lightened areas.
6. For the hands get some of those gloves with the pointy finger tips, white or black.
New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help 133290
Back to top Go down
benthedreamcatcher
Untainted
benthedreamcatcher

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:38 pm

These have been extremely helpful guys, thanks a lot. The costume is now in a complete overhaul and should be done in a few weeks provided our materials can be bought soon
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:14 pm

I use a lycra suit for my Slenderman costume.

Painters stilts (I think that's what they are called) add a good 2+ feet onto your height.
Back to top Go down
TheTimeParadox
Untainted
TheTimeParadox

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:36 pm

But Painter's stilts cost too much money, even though i would love to get some
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help   New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help Empty

Back to top Go down

New Series - TheDreamCatcher - Costume Help
Page 1 of 1