Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xyzombie
Taken

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:17 pm

His house is huge, his parents visit so I guess it's not theirs, he can fly and train wherever he wants, he can afford to just call a repair person to fix anything that happens to his house, he's not a film student but bought a pretty legit(expensive) camera. I'm not jealous, I'm just thinking he could just pay off Slendy to leave him alone or something...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyanne
Anxious

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 pm

I've always thought that he was just rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K.B.
Anxious

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 pm

A lot of YouTube series feature protagonists that seem to get money from absolutely nowhere. How did Jay pay for that hotel that long? We know he doesn't have a job. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a character even mention going to work or earning money or anything like that.

Lazy writing, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/AdudenamedKemp
AlanAuch
Observer

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm

It's that Friends rent control again. Nobody has a particularly high-powered job (and I don't think we've ever been told what, if anything, Noah does for money) but everybody has sumptuous living accomodations. Next year Noah will be moving into a stylish New York apartment with Slender Man living in the one directly opposite, and the next fifteen years of Tribe Twelve will be a continuous game of Slender Man stalking Noah, then Slender Man feeling that stalking Noah is going nowhere, then Slender Man stalking some other people for a while, then back to Noah and so on. The other four cast members will be played by The Observer

K.B. wrote:
A lot of YouTube series feature protagonists that seem to
get money from absolutely nowhere. How did Jay pay for that hotel that
long? We know he doesn't have a job. In fact, I don't think I've ever
seen a character even mention going to work or earning money or anything like that.

Lazy writing, I guess.
We know EMH have jobs, because Jeff and Evan at least have made
reference to their choice of career during the series. I'm not sure what
Vin does, apart from provide transportation for that impressive beard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sachael
Watched

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Noah has a gameshark for IRL. 9999999 dollars at all times.

But yeah, phantom incomes are kind of annoying in fiction that's supposed to be realistic. Then again, who knows? Maybe Slendy is an IRS agent trying to crack down on these mysteriously rich kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosGamma
Observer

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Actually, IIRC I believe it's been mentioned somewhere that it was actually Noah's parents' summer house or something like that. And he stays there himself because he's going to school nearby. In which case I'd imagine it's his parents that pay for the house.

Not entirely sure where I heard that, but I'm thinking it was in answer to someone asking him something like this on Formspring. In which case it'd be difficult to track down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allan Assiduity
Observer

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:24 pm

ChaosGamma wrote:
Actually, IIRC I believe it's been mentioned somewhere that it was actually Noah's parents' summer house or something like that. And he stays there himself because he's going to school nearby. In which case I'd imagine it's his parents that pay for the house.

Not entirely sure where I heard that, but I'm thinking it was in answer to someone asking him something like this on Formspring. In which case it'd be difficult to track down.
I think it might have been in the livestream that got interrupted by the Observer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedomCaged
Observer

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:47 pm

AlanAuch wrote:
It's that Friends rent control again. Nobody has a particularly high-powered job (and I don't think we've ever been told what, if anything, Noah does for money) but everybody has sumptuous living accomodations. Next year Noah will be moving into a stylish New York apartment with Slender Man living in the one directly opposite, and the next fifteen years of Tribe Twelve will be a continuous game of Slender Man stalking Noah, then Slender Man feeling that stalking Noah is going nowhere, then Slender Man stalking some other people for a while, then back to Noah and so on. The other four cast members will be played by The Observer

I think due to the EMH crossover we can actually cast in a few more people. Actually, EMH kind of is turning into Freinds with all of the pairing up in that last video, there's just more blood than the origonal series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grathius22
Untainted

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:20 pm

I can't remember if it was Adam in real life who was a graphic artist or Noah in game...

But that would explain his money.

And I do remember somewhere that his parents don't live in that house, but they pay/paid for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apples
Anxious

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:38 pm

If your wondering how he pays his bills,
and other life facts.
Just repeat to yourself "its just a Slender man series,
I should really just relax.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K.B.
Anxious

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Apples wrote:
If your wondering how he pays his bills,
and other life facts.
Just repeat to yourself "its just a Slender man series,
I should really just relax.

Called TribeTwelve 3000? Nah, doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/AdudenamedKemp
Malus
Taken

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 pm

On Formspring, someone asked Noah if he planned on getting the journal from Karl any time soon. He replied with something along the lines of "I can't because my finances are low at the moment."

So, no, he doesn't have an unlimited amount of money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xyzombie
Taken

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Malus wrote:
On Formspring, someone asked Noah if he planned on getting the journal from Karl any time soon. He replied with something along the lines of "I can't because my finances are low at the moment."

So, no, he doesn't have an unlimited amount of money.

I guess now that the summer home has been explained, it seems more reasonable. I was just going on the assumption that he owned that house and then could fly or train practically anywhere he felt like. I know that when he went to that viewer's house, he stated something about driving budget, but he sounded slightly mocking when he said "nice place you got", though I know he'd never mock someone like that intentionally. Still an idea about infinite money hacks, I'd believe it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?   Today at 9:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Is it just me, or does Noah seem like he has infinite money?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads :: Tribe Twelve-
Jump to: