Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Lesser known series worth watching

Go down 
+4
Tiro1000
DaLadybugMan
TheFallenenvoy
istaerlus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
istaerlus
Untainted
istaerlus

Current Win Points : 0

Lesser known series worth watching Empty
PostSubject: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:19 pm

I've been looking through a lot of Slender Vlogs on Youtube lately, and frankly it's getting hard to keep track of them all, especially when almost all of them are quite a few episodes ahead and it takes a while to get caught up. I'm already following all the big names (MH, T12, EMH, MLAndersen and Dark Harvest). So now I'm looking through some of the lesser known series, and it's taking quite a while to get through them. This is compounded by my slow internet connection (for a five minute episode, I usually have enough time to go get a coffee from the kitchen before it loads far enough to start watching). So in your opinion what lesser known series are worth watching and need more attention.

And I realize there's already a thread for your favorite series in general, but it just mentions the big five over an over again, the only new series I really found out about in that thread was Caught Not Sleeping.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 pm

TulpaEffect, Mydarkjournal, osirischronicles, 004steps, TJA (if the videos get re-uploaded), FindTheRoom (its sequel) and 5Zer02 all come to mind off the top of my head...I follow pretty much everything xP

(the point of the thread is sort of vague so I will just assume it's a "GIVE ME TRAILHEADS" things)
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Angel's Game is long (so it might not be ideal for your connection) and it starts slow, but it is amazing and has wonderful subtlety. And the characters are some of the greatest of any Slendervlog. Seriously, their interaction makes any filler worth watching.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Well, other than the five that you mentioned, I have been watching a few series.

CaughtNotSleeping: Nice smaller series, recently turned into an ARG of sorts, and there is a chance that could be my fault...

One Bad Dream (MmzAvp): Great series combining the Slenderman Mythos with Zalgo, and a possible apocalyptic future. I think it deserves a little more attention than it's getting.

TheUndecidedFive: Self Proclaimed Fear Vlog. The acting is very believable, and the story so far is pretty good. I'm not just saying this because it's made by my girlfriend.

OsirisChronicles: Man going crazy in his own home, and played out VERY well. Plus we possibly get to see what Slenderman's effect would be on animals.

I'll add to this later, I have to get to a meeting. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
istaerlus
Untainted
istaerlus

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:58 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
TulpaEffect, Mydarkjournal, osirischronicles, 004steps, TJA (if the videos get re-uploaded), FindTheRoom (its sequel) and 5Zer02 all come to mind off the top of my head...I follow pretty much everything xP

(the point of the thread is sort of vague so I will just assume it's a "GIVE ME TRAILHEADS" things)

I didn't know TJA has a sequel, I'll definitely check that one out.

And, yes I am looking for trailhead, but I wanted some opinion on which ones were best since I haven't had a lot of luck finding something I like just searching around the trailhead listed here or on Unfiction.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:51 pm

The TJA sequel has only really been looked at by uF...it's a pretty good ARG. the channels involved are FindTheRoom and MakingNewMemoriesAS. also, Aimee is going solo with something called turntoclouds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Photofugitive is nice, it's a vlog/blog hybrid type thing but I'm not sure if it's still being updated. Other than that, the ones I would have recommended have been mentioned above, namely caughtnotsleeping, TJA, 004steps, mydarkjournal, Angel's game (theoriginalaliendude is the youtube channel for this one), and AG's sequel APcollection
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm

OneHundredYardStare
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is pretty good. It is still new, but very fast pace. Some nice editing tricks used.

XMandelbrot
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Its like a parody, but not. Somehow that works for the better. To get into it you have to give it a chance. The acting is rough sometimes, but the editing is very good and the Slender Man is well portrayed. Though it definitely gets better as it goes.
Back to top Go down
staticlord1
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:38 pm

now i liked TJA and ive started watching MakingnewmemoriesAS but i cant seem to find FindTheRoom
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 pm

I second "The Undecided Five" and "One Bad Dream"...While I've subbed to almost all the series I can, those are the first two I watched through to their current video and found the most enjoyable.

I also second "Caught Not Sleeping," as it has some of the best production you can find in a slenderseries. If TT has the best graphics, CNS has the best use of their budget. Seriously, an Umbrella explodes at one point. Plus the ARG is pretty immsersive.

"The Dead Are Watching" is very good but I haven't been far in the series, so I can only comment on a few videos. Everyone I've seen has been top notch though, and they have some great ideas that are executed wonderfully. (Look for hands where you wouldn't expect them.)

Osiris Chronicles is very good, although I didn't quite "get into it" for some reason as much as the others. I still enjoy it though, and it's got some interesting concepts. I'd say give it a shot, I don't recall many videos being all that long, so might be good for your connection.

I can't think of anymore right now, but like I said I'm subbed to just about everyone I can find. I love vlogs like this. If I remember any more, I'll be sure to come back and edit or make a new post and give you an update.
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known series worth watching   Lesser known series worth watching Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesser known series worth watching
Page 1 of 1