Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff



 
HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 
 

 Watching Whispers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 01, 2012 11:30 am

@ Tahrgat:

Thanks again man, This will be a big help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Tahrgat
Observer


Posts : 166
Current Win Points : 4
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am

No problem ^.^ If you ever need any advise or know how or need me to edit or add things to your videos then just let me know. I'm always around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 01, 2012 11:54 am

Tahrgat wrote:
No problem ^.^ If you ever need any advise or know how or need me to edit or add things to your videos then just let me know. I'm always around.

Will do man!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Tahrgat
Observer


Posts : 166
Current Win Points : 4
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good save with the Note 1 video. Some advice would be change "fans" to "viewers" and remove the (This is in character) parts in your description. The only time people need to know is if your speaking out of character. Saying that your in character could break peoples immersion value. And in the description of the second video you should add something about:

this is a video, or one of the videos, that you found on Steve's flash drive.

Or something to that extent since there is no titles explaining that anymore. Hope that I'm not annoying you with all of the advice, lol. I really am just trying to give you guys a good start. The beginnings are always the roughest patch, but once you get into the swing of things it usually gets easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm

@ Tahrgat

Thanks for the help, The advice is not annoying at all.

Also whenever I need to explain something to my viewers I will post a note video, I think it is the best way to handle it[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Tahrgat
Observer


Posts : 166
Current Win Points : 4
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 02, 2012 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor


Posts : 1844
Current Win Points : 708
Join date : 2011-09-09
Age : 20
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Thu May 03, 2012 10:25 am

Tahrgat wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If I may say so,








Nice fro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Thu May 03, 2012 10:36 am

@ Sethlapod555:

Thanks man, The hair is all natural.Cool

Also nice to see you back on this thread man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
sethlapod555
Survivor


Posts : 1844
Current Win Points : 708
Join date : 2011-09-09
Age : 20
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Zetto1995 wrote:
@ Sethlapod555:

Thanks man, The hair is all natural.Cool

Also nice to see you back on this thread man.

Thanks man, been busy.

Anyway, I'm liking where this series is going. The protagonist is very well-spoken. I'm also liking how you're keeping the characters in the series to a good minimum. Too many characters to a series does add lots of detail (most of the time), but also can be confusing.

You're definitely on the right track, dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Thu May 03, 2012 3:56 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
Zetto1995 wrote:
@ Sethlapod555:

Thanks man, The hair is all natural.Cool

Also nice to see you back on this thread man.

Thanks man, been busy.

Anyway, I'm liking where this series is going. The protagonist is very well-spoken. I'm also liking how you're keeping the characters in the series to a good minimum. Too many characters to a series does add lots of detail (most of the time), but also can be confusing.

You're definitely on the right track, dude.

yeah, I see what you mean about busy, Observer already huh, pretty sweet man, Anyway I think you will love what will happen in the next few entry's man.

UPDATE: Entry 5 is online at last!

UPDATE 2: Re-Edited the intro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Tahrgat
Observer


Posts : 166
Current Win Points : 4
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 12:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So now we know where the mask went. Somebody is wearing it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So now we know where the mask went. Somebody is wearing it!

Well, We know that there is someone in a mask out there,
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
herobrine2001
Untainted


Posts : 29
Current Win Points : 6
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 2:15 pm

I wonder who wears the mask.Maybe one of his roommates but who knows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor


Posts : 1844
Current Win Points : 708
Join date : 2011-09-09
Age : 20
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Now I'm a bit confused. I'm assuming the masked person was behind the camera?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
BananaBrains
Taken


Posts : 448
Current Win Points : 270
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Alright, as a new viewer to this series, I'm a little thrown-off. I tried clicking the link in your first post only to find that video was deleted. Eventually I found the channel and tried watching them all in chronological order there, which was also confusing, as "Note 1" was the first video in order that way. I'm guessing you re-uploaded most of your videos after Tahrgat edited them? It might be helpful to new viewers to put them in a comprehensive playlist in the right order ^^;

And now for the terrible part: me and my big mouth.
remember kids, these are all opinion:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 4:18 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
Alright, as a new viewer to this series, I'm a little thrown-off. I tried clicking the link in your first post only to find that video was deleted. Eventually I found the channel and tried watching them all in chronological order there, which was also confusing, as "Note 1" was the first video in order that way. I'm guessing you re-uploaded most of your videos after Tahrgat edited them? It might be helpful to new viewers to put them in a comprehensive playlist in the right order ^^;

And now for the terrible part: me and my big mouth.
remember kids, these are all opinion:
 

@BananaBrains: Dont worry, The series is about to make a major turn into the land of originality, And I will put the videos into a playlist right now.

@sethlapod555: The person holding the camera was Leo, I will explain more in the next entry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
herobrine2001
Untainted


Posts : 29
Current Win Points : 6
Join date : 2012-04-10
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Bannanabrains trust zetto he knows what he's doing.I am a friend of his
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken


Posts : 448
Current Win Points : 270
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 5:18 pm

I don't mean to outright condemn the series, but a little criticism felt necessary. I sure hope this does get turned around, because it would be a terrible waste if it flopped based on what we've seen so far. I mean, I'm assuming you want your series to become popular, as pretty much everyone does, so I hope you can turn it around instead of it being something that people would write off at a glance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tahrgat
Observer


Posts : 166
Current Win Points : 4
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
I don't mean to outright condemn the series, but a little criticism felt necessary. I sure hope this does get turned around, because it would be a terrible waste if it flopped based on what we've seen so far. I mean, I'm assuming you want your series to become popular, as pretty much everyone does, so I hope you can turn it around instead of it being something that people would write off at a glance.

Trust me, the creator of this series is open to criticism and working towards a better thing. Rarely have I come across a person that is so receptive to constructive criticism and open to change. He learns and he moves on. I can respect that. Its all part of that difficult proccess of gaining a proper footing. And for what its worth his series got me interested enough to give a damn about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 10:14 am

herobrine2001 wrote:
Bannanabrains trust zetto he knows what he's doing.I am a friend of his


@herobrine2001: Thanks for the support man, But you should konw that I dont mind a little constructive criticism, It only makes Watching Whispers better.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Tahrgat wrote:
BananaBrains wrote:
I don't mean to outright condemn the series, but a little criticism felt necessary. I sure hope this does get turned around, because it would be a terrible waste if it flopped based on what we've seen so far. I mean, I'm assuming you want your series to become popular, as pretty much everyone does, so I hope you can turn it around instead of it being something that people would write off at a glance.

Trust me, the creator of this series is open to criticism and working towards a better thing. Rarely have I come across a person that is so receptive to constructive criticism and open to change. He learns and he moves on. I can respect that. Its all part of that difficult proccess of gaining a proper footing. And for what its worth his series got me interested enough to give a damn about it.


@Tahrgat: Thanks man,The respect is mutual and the praise is very nice, Partly because I never thought that I respond well to criticism, So it nice to be told the opposite, So again thanks.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Tahrgat
Observer


Posts : 166
Current Win Points : 4
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Edit: Episode 7 is out, but I will re-post the link in a bit.

Damn good episode! What an epic location!


Last edited by Tahrgat on Wed May 09, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched


Posts : 218
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 20
Location : A rock in the Atlantic Ocean

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Damn good episode! What an epic location!

Thanks man, I filmed the entry at one of my favourite places here in Newfoundland, It's topped only by some old bunkers near the sea that I will also use in Watching Whispers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Death
Observer


Posts : 125
Current Win Points : 73
Join date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Hmm... Well I watched. Thought about it. Watched it again.

This is, as it stands at the moment, a series with potential. It is not however, living up that potential. You have a lot of unoriginal concepts here, and I don't know that it can recover from something as blatant as Masky tackling Leo. I think, on the acting side of things, that you need to get a bit more used to your lines and how you speak them. That could seem unimportant and time consuming, but it can be a distraction when there are too many breaks in the sentences. You don't want to sound overly rehearsed, but you also don't want to sound like you wrote this and then recorded right away. Also, you're working with a visual medium, so "show, don't tell" is in effect. We saw the rock, you didn't need to point it out. They aren't big mistakes or anything hard to fix, but it can add up. You're not bad, you just need some help. We all do at points, and it's hard to critique your own work effectively.

As I said, you have potential. You just need some more people to work with you, and help you out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tahrgat
Observer


Posts : 166
Current Win Points : 4
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Death wrote:
Hmm... Well I watched. Thought about it. Watched it again.

This is, as it stands at the moment, a series with potential. It is not however, living up that potential. You have a lot of unoriginal concepts here, and I don't know that it can recover from something as blatant as Masky tackling Leo. I think, on the acting side of things, that you need to get a bit more used to your lines and how you speak them. That could seem unimportant and time consuming, but it can be a distraction when there are too many breaks in the sentences. You don't want to sound overly rehearsed, but you also don't want to sound like you wrote this and then recorded right away. Also, you're working with a visual medium, so "show, don't tell" is in effect. We saw the rock, you didn't need to point it out. They aren't big mistakes or anything hard to fix, but it can add up. You're not bad, you just need some help. We all do at points, and it's hard to critique your own work effectively.

As I said, you have potential. You just need some more people to work with you, and help you out.

You say that there are a lot of unoriginal concepts at work here, but the truth is that the story has just begun. It is a bit early for us to really judge what will or will not pan out yet. I can name several well recognized series that have teetered on the boundaries of being unoriginal at their founding. As for the tackle. Is it now so that a proxie can't tackle a protagonist in any series ever again without it being a rip off? We are now in a generation of vlogs where very little has been done that hasn't been done somewhere else. Besides the detail of one physical action the scene played out entirely differently. I am all for constructive criticism, but saying that somebody's series may not recover because of one minor detail is not fair assessment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken


Posts : 448
Current Win Points : 270
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
Is it now so that a proxie can't tackle a protagonist in any series ever again without it being a rip off?

No, a proxy can't tackle a protagonist in an identical mask without it being a rip-off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Today at 11:42 am

Back to top Go down
 
Watching Whispers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads-
Jump to: