Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Watching Whispers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Death
Observer

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 4:39 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
Tahrgat wrote:
Is it now so that a proxie can't tackle a protagonist in any series ever again without it being a rip off?

No, a proxy can't tackle a protagonist in an identical mask without it being a rip-off.

Precisely. I think we disagree on how major something like Masky tackling someone is. It was a bad move. You have a point though, it is early. That's why I hope this series can use its potential. But as someone wiser than I said, a show shouldn't have to beg you to keep watching. You have to be really careful with Slenderseries. Horror banks on originality to be scary, and it's easy to lose faith in a series when it's not very original early on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tahrgat
Observer

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 4:52 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
Tahrgat wrote:
Is it now so that a proxie can't tackle a protagonist in any series ever again without it being a rip off?

No, a proxy can't tackle a protagonist in an identical mask without it being a rip-off.

I will give you that the mask is a rip off. How can it not be? And a tackle did happen, but the arc that contains these similarities was different. He didn't find the proxie in a chair or at all. The proxie found him and the protagonist didn't walk away from this encounter. Something beyond his control got him out of harms way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 5:06 pm

I understand that as a fan of this work, you're eager to defend it. But there's no point to being blind to a work's flaws. You can still like something even if people are critical of it, no one's saying you can't. Death and I are, however, trying to point out flaws that can still be corrected in order to attract a wider audience.

Have you ever heard of a "hook", in story writing? The beginning is what makes people decide whether to stick around for the rest. So far, the beginning of this series is unimpressive and it feels to some of us as though it's borrowing far too closely from MarbleHornets. If people want to watch MH, they'll watch MH. The creator of any new series should want to make a series their own, not to replay another series in their own way. To be completely honest, there's a lot of dreck in the slenderverse and it's easy for most viewers to write something new off as such in the early days.

I realize that Zetto is open to constructive criticism, and it's something that is really very appreciated. But, as attached to this series as you are, maybe it's best for him to be the one to decide what to do and defend or adapt his series accordingly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tahrgat
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

BananaBrains wrote:

I realize that Zetto is open to constructive criticism, and it's something that is really very appreciated. But, as attached to this series as you are, maybe it's best for him to be the one to decide what to do and defend or adapt his series accordingly?

It is not the criticism that I care about. It is the notion that death attached to it. That this series may not recover from a bump in the beginning. That is why I have been protective and made points to show opposing views. the criticism was heard, but should not the alternative be heard as well? Trust me I am not blind to things and I am already talking with Zetto about adapting changes that would fit well structurally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
It is not the criticism that I care about. It is the notion that death attached to it. That this series may not recover from a bump in the beginning. That is why I have been protective and made points to show opposing views. the criticism was heard, but should not the alternative be heard as well? Trust me I am not blind to things and I am already talking with Zetto about adapting changes that would fit well structurally.

I feel like Death is right, though. Being too similar to another, established series is a good way to seal your own fate. It's entirely possible that this series can be saved from that but it will take a fair bit of work and effort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death
Observer

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

The most important parts of any horror story are the beginning and the end. A bump in the beginning is incredibly dangerous for any series. That is what I was saying. Because of the pure inundation of shit in the verse, people are far less charitable with any series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tahrgat
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm

I agree. In a way it is good that this happened now. I trust Zetto and I think upcoming changes will help balance the books. Only time will tell and until then I look forward to seeing what may come of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: The next entry   Sun May 13, 2012 2:23 pm

I am currently on break from Watching Whispers,Sleep But the next entry will be online be the 30th at latest.

I will still be active on Slender Nation and am still open to constructive criticism.

Last edited by Zetto1995 on Sun May 13, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Decided to extend my holiday by ten days due to personel reasons.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Tahrgat
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Sun May 13, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm looking forward to it man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Sun May 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
I'm looking forward to it man!

Your not alone man, A few of my friends in my neighbourhood(You know who you are) are itching for the next entry.
UPDATE: Entry 8 is online.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Sat May 26, 2012 7:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Sun May 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Very nicely done Entry #8. I loved the Slender Man placing.

Now, Tahrgat, did you edit this one, too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Tahrgat
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Sun May 27, 2012 7:12 pm

I worked in collaboration with Zetto to pull of what you saw, The thing about editing in the overall scheme is that the product can only be as good as the footage the editor is given. So Zetto definitely deserves equal or more props for this episode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Mon May 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
I worked in collaboration with Zetto to pull of what you saw, The thing about editing in the overall scheme is that the product can only be as good as the footage the editor is given. So Zetto definitely deserves equal or more props for this episode.
Yeah, I feel that it was a collaborative effort, By the Tahrgat, Awesome job on the editing man.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Mon May 28, 2012 3:49 pm

You guys really are doing an awesome job. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Zetto1995
Watched

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Mon May 28, 2012 3:53 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
You guys really are doing an awesome job. Keep it up!
Don't worry man, I have no intention of stopping anytime soon.
And once again, Thanks for the support, It's always nice to see that someone likes my work.
BTW, Your room(or at least the room in your picture) Is an even worse mess than mine, Congratulations man!
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm

I just.. one little thing

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tahrgat
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 pm

BananaBrains wrote:

Spoiler:

No, I agree with you.
Spoiler:

I'm from the Sam Raimi (Drag Me To Hell) school of film making when it comes to horror. I think that it is good to have laughs and scares in horror. I think that may be why some people dislike my series as well. I play it straight, but I have included a lot of hidden humor that, if you happen to notice, is meant to be viewed as funny. Maybe that is why I relate to this series and am also a fan of XMandelbrot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Tahrgat wrote:
BananaBrains wrote:

Spoiler:

No, I agree with you.
Spoiler:

I'm from the Sam Raimi (Drag Me To Hell) school of film making when it comes to horror. I think that it is good to have laughs and scares in horror. I think that may be why some people dislike my series as well. I play it straight, but I have included a lot of hidden humor that, if you happen to notice, is meant to be viewed as funny. Maybe that is why I relate to this series and am also a fan of XMandelbrot.
Ok, Not to piss on your parade man, But If you look at entry 5 you will see that the hoodie the proxie is wearing is the same as the one if entry 8,
I think that it is understandable that Leo would be suspicious of someone in that same hoodie suddenly appearing on a empty path, As such he turned him around to look at his face, Saw the mask, And got in the first strike, If Slendy had not shown up there would have been a fight.
Although, I am glad you found it funny. Smile

Last edited by Zetto1995 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:16 pm

it wasn't the event itself that was funny. For what it was it was played practically based upon the given circumstance.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zetto1995
Watched

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 am

Tahrgat wrote:
it wasn't the event itself that was funny. For what it was it was played practically based upon the given circumstance.
Spoiler:

Agreed man, I'm glad you liked it.
Now does anyone have anything else to say?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching Whispers   Today at 5:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Watching Whispers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads-
Jump to: