Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Genuinely Disturbing Films

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Moose
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely Disturbing Films   Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

My sister watched this one and freaks out whenever it's mentioned. I have no idea what it's about, who made it, or what it contains, but I supposed it's worth a look for anyone who's bored. If I remember correctly it's in French.

THE PANIC ROOM

Another one my sister watched. A woman and her daughter buy a brownstone and are forced into hiding in it's 'panic room' by three criminals.

THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME

This is not actually a horror movie, and is not categorized as such. It's an anime, where a girl touches a device that's disguised as a walnut and gains the (limited) ability to jump through time. I recomend it because it disturbed me. Don't go watching it expecting gore or screamers or anything that, because it's not that kind of movie. It literally filled me with something I can only describe as 'psychological turmoil'. The intense parts are around the middle butthe begining and the end are about the same as any other anime lovestory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ragemoose.com
Fotzepolitic
Observer

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely Disturbing Films   Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Some nice messed up Euro movies - spoilers are pretty inevitable:

Spoiler:

Short version: Calvaire, Ex Drummer, A l'Interieur, Martyrs, Ils.

Some J-Horror that isn't crap:

Spoiler:

Short version: Exte, Suicide Club, Visitor Q, Noroi

Some Brit movies:

Spoiler:

Short version: Eden Lake, Kill List, The Children, Dead Man's Shoes.

PS anyone who actively seeks out real footage of murders is a fucking cocksection and should seriously reconsider their priorities and life choices.

And finally, movies from America:

Spoiler:

Short version: Home Movie, The Killing Room, The Collector, The Poughkeepsie Tapes.

Misc:

Antichrist : I don't care what you say, it's a damn good horror movie. The female circumcision scene is nowhere near as unpleasant as the millstone scene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cougar Draven
Stalked

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely Disturbing Films   Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Metaphysically disturbing: S. Darko. I just watched it today, and it's...actually quite unsettling. I don't know if I can point out why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
guitargodd97
Anxious

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely Disturbing Films   Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 pm

I was surprised when Uzumaki hadn't been mentioned. For those of you that don't know, Uzumaki translates to spiral and is a horror japanese manga/movie. A town become obsessed with thsis idea of the spiral and many weird things happen, I highly recommend it. Here's a lil' gif to get ya in the spirit of it:
Spoiler:

I like Junji Ito.

Another movie I liked was the original, Japanese "Chakushin Ari" or One Missed Call as it translates into English. Way better in Japanese though. There is this force that is calling people using their own phone number and leaving them with a message of their death that takes place sometime in the next few days and then sorts through their contacts and picks the next person to call. Chakushin Ari is one of my all time favorite movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/HunterMusicAndTV
PointlessTest
Watched

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely Disturbing Films   Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:16 am

There's allot of really disturbing movies out there, though I fear I have been quite desensitized to a point where most of these don't disturb me anymore. There are however the odd one that does, such as: "A Serbian Film" and "Cannibal Holocaust". For anyone interested in disturbing movie I would highly recommend the youtube series "The Most Disturbing Movies Ever" by users "lbhorrorReview". Many of the ones mentioned in this thread so far are also on there Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etreo
Runner

Current Win Points : 260

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely Disturbing Films   Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey Test. If its possible, please refrain from posting in threads that have been dead for over 2 months. If its trailhead that's updated them is exempt, but otherwise try and check the last post date please.

MOD EDIT: Topic Locked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genuinely Disturbing Films   Today at 4:32 am

Back to top Go down

Genuinely Disturbing Films
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic Discussion :: General Interests :: Films & Television-
Jump to: