Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Entry #57 Discussion

Go down 
+17
EvilRhino229
Cyber Pineapple
Malus
QueenThyella
Glassbeetles
guildcarver
ramenninja13
herobrine2001
KillstheBeat
ThyService
TailsFoxy
GossamerAtara
sethlapod555
Rythmear
Slendercles
BananaBrains
xyzombie
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:27 pm

QueenThyella wrote:
My bad.

As far as the episode itself goes, I had two major observations.

First and foremost, I'm feeling less and less that Alex is controlled by the Operator as much as the Operator somehow draws out Alex's worse qualities. I never got the feeling TO had long-term control over someone, and this episode occurs hours after Alex attacks Tim in #56. I'm starting to think Alex's bad behavior is a result of the paranoia TO induces and not because of TO pulling his strings. I do think that there must be some kind of pay-off TO gets from the paranoia, perhaps turning Alex into something not unlike himself? I mean, the facelessness of TO may start off as something more metaphorical like losing all the things that make you someone such as friends/ethics/etc. Not sure. Just no longer believe Alex's attacks are happening because TO forces him to.

This makes a ton of sense now that I think about it. The Operator brings out the worst in people when he's around (corrupting them, I guess you could say), but not necessarily controlling them. So, with the irritation that Alex built up during MH, the paranoia, and (if this theory is true) the "corruption", it makes sense that Alex would have gone after the people he thought stressed him out the most. We know he got mad at his cast members, too, and usually for the dumbest things.

In another example, there's Tim. We know he used to have problems and then they're suddenly back, and the Operator is also there... Hmm. Maybe Tim's "corruption" was bringing him down to the masked persona we eventually meet in Entry 18?

And on a more comedic side, Jay's genre blindness increases whenever the Operator is around. :trollface:
Back to top Go down
Cyber Pineapple
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0
Location : In the deepest, darkest part of your mind - with cake

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:23 pm

This entry shows that Alex isn't FULLY controlled by TO. I mean, why did he appear to confront Tim when he could have just sent Alex back a bit. Also, if Alex has nothing to fear from TO why does still record everything? I think that he is trying to appease TO by giving him people that TO has a grudge against. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but... in Entry 38 Alex began telling Jay that story. Is it possible that the ancestors of TTA/MH crew were the people that were responsible for the murder of the person that became TO? Maybe that person cursed Alex/Tim/Jessica's ancestors and they have been trying to rid themselves of TO ever since. Only Alex became aware of TO while filming. Like Jay has. And lost his mind ridding himself of it.
Back to top Go down
Slendercles
Anxious
Slendercles

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:39 pm

The loose ends are too numerous to devise a theory that will appease every aspect of the story, which puzzles me because I was under the impression that MH would end with season 3, yet there are still soooo many things we don't know I'm not sure how they could answer them all... I feel like we've watched this series for so long yet almost nothing is answered with 100% certainty...
Back to top Go down
EvilRhino229
Observer
EvilRhino229

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:27 am

My reaction to OMFG CRAZY ALEX HAS A PIPE RUN TIM RUUUUN:
Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 Hahac

Last edited by EvilRhino229 on Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Magic of the internet)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
XxD3ADNO8L3xX
Untainted

Current Win Points : -2

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

The place he entered was on entry 52 which most people already know, but if you look carfully a masky was following him. its hard to tell with the dark but a masky was stalking him in there!!!!Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 145577 "im following you....."

Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290 Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 133290
Back to top Go down
Yangire.hero
Anxious
Yangire.hero

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:52 pm

When I saw Alex with the pipe, I thought of Russia. /shotforreference
Back to top Go down
Happy Fan
Untainted
Happy Fan

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:22 am

Tim's acting in that one was friggin awesome.
Back to top Go down
dhatter
Untainted
dhatter

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:50 pm

even after so long i still get a thrill every time i see a new MH
Back to top Go down
Happy Fan
Untainted
Happy Fan

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Sounds like the next entry will be up soon. And I talked a little with Troy today besides. He's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry #57 Discussion   Entry #57 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Entry #57 Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2