Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

I've always wanted to make a series but...

Go down 
+5
BananaBrains
unreadierLizard
The Slender Man
Zetto1995
Todesfurcht
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

I've always wanted to make a series but... Empty
PostSubject: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:06 pm

I threat I don't have a good enough plot set up or good enough equipment. I'm here to ask what be the best type of a equipment for the job, like what kind of camera or cheap but professional editing software's I can find. At the moment I have an Iphone 4 which I use for camera work but I lack a program and lack the knowledge to shoot professional film. And I have no idea what would be the best way to start a series... Getting into the insane Slenderman stuff or slowly going toward that direction? I will probably be doing this on low budget since I'm still too young to get a job and I'll probably only have a cast of three people since none of my friends are interested in this. I may just end up starting it with a blog or making it a parody series... I think the low budget-ness would be too funny to handle if it was meant to be serious. Anyone have any tips?
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:05 am

The way I see it man, An Iphone camera is not going to cut it at all, You will need a decent video camera before you think of doing any thing serious. For editing software try Sony Vegas, I use it and it works quite well. For plot I have no idea about what you should do, But I will say that you do not need a large cast.(My slender vlog has a cast of about two and it works fine.)
If you want to make a humorous slender vlog then you might be able to use a low budget to your advantage but you will still need a better camera and editing software.
Back to top Go down
http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:22 pm

I started a small series, then I gave up.
I was honestly sick off all the hastle I got from every passer by.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 pm

The Slender Man wrote:
I know what you mean man, It can be very stressful at times but the odd bits of praise from my fans keep me going and ultimately I love the end product. But if you feel the stress might be too much then hold off on doing anything for a while man.
Back to top Go down
unreadierLizard
Untainted
unreadierLizard

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:30 pm

I felt the same before I made my series.

Now it's got close to a thousand view(it's a blog) and I've gotten nothing but praise from fans.

Just jump in and go for it. You learn more by doing.

Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:17 pm

unreadierLizard wrote:
I felt the same before I made my series.

Now it's got close to a thousand view(it's a blog) and I've gotten nothing but praise from fans.

Just jump in and go for it. You learn more by doing.

It is encouraging when things end up like this, however, standards are much higher for vlogs. It's a lot more labor-intensive to put out a good video than to write a good story.
my thoughts on the matter:

tl;dr to anyone looking to start a new vlog, please please pretty please you have the foresight and the means to achieve what you want to.

source: I've seen lots and lots of vlogs of varying qualities.
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:48 am

Zetto1995 wrote:
The Slender Man wrote:
I know what you mean man, It can be very stressful at times but the odd bits of praise from my fans keep me going and ultimately I love the end product. But if you feel the stress might be too much then hold off on doing anything for a while man.

I literally had people walking infront of my shots deliberately and asking me questions all the time.
I felt like shooting them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:14 am

I appreciate the kind replies, I may just go with the parody route. My Slenderman wont look too bad since I have a white morph suit and with some panty hose under it, it'll look darker and less see through. If I had the money at the moment I would try to buy a camera but an Iphone 4 is sadly all I have, though the camera on those are NOT that bad. Someone actually made a movie with one.

I tried getting Sony Vegas on my laptop and it chose not to work and now my trial is through, and my laptop is not compatible with Windows Movie Maker (Shocker) so it's a lost cause. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without a decent editing software. (it's a brand new Windows 7 laptop so I have no idea what's wrong with it) This maybe more work then it's worth for something people may not like.

Last edited by Todesfurcht on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar errors and some adds)
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 am

Todesfurcht wrote:
I appreciate the kind replies, I may just go with the parody route. My Slenderman wont look too bad since I have a white morph suit and with some panty hose under it, it'll look darker and less see through. If I had the money at the moment I would try to buy a camera but an Iphone 4 is sadly all I have, though the camera on those are NOT that bad. Someone actually made a movie with one.

I tried getting Sony Vegas on my laptop and it chose not to work and now my trial is through, and my laptop is not compatible with Windows Movie Maker (Shocker) so it's a lost cause. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without a decent editing software. (it's a brand new Windows 7 laptop so I have no idea what's wrong with it) This maybe more work then it's worth for something people may not like.
Well if you do go through with this then be sure to post a link here, I want to see the fruits of your labor.
Back to top Go down
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:06 am

Zetto1995 wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:

Well if you do go through with this then be sure to post a link here, I want to see the fruits of your labor.

I'll be sure to share it with everyone on Slendernation if it should happen!
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

I had an idea for a parody, Have Slendy run a corporate office. If you want (and can pull it off.) you could have a few other fears be executives in the company, Like having the Wooden Girl run marketing, Putting the Rake in charge of finance,(In reference to the accounting trolls of Dilbert)
And have the Manufactured Newborn run engineering.
Either way the Slendy running a business is a rather cool idea if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
richardneverwinter
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 am

We use iPod cameras for our series, and find that it works alright! we work on a budget of basically nothing and try to keep it as cheap as we can, and I think we've worked pretty well on what we've got. We have 4 people, and two of us can use Sony Vegas well, so it works out alright.
Back to top Go down
The Visionary
Untainted
The Visionary

Current Win Points : -3

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:13 am

Well, its all up to how you want the series itself to be publicized. If you want it for more just your fun use your camera and any video editing software you have! Then again if you are to make a serious series, hint a excuse for the bad quality camera or phone camera and not the highest quality video editing. Last I checked both Noah and Jay's cameras are not $1000+ quality cams, and look hows successful their series are!
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 am

My series started as a joke, for myself and my friends. We were all hooked on marble hornets, And I, the filmer, decided to try my hand at it.

It was awful.

But after a few months I learned the ropes and gained a small following, I rebooted the series on got serious on scripting, acting, and editing.

It takes true work to make a good series.

NEVER rush.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KriptsTale
Various Identities
Anxious
Various Identities

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:50 am

If it's any help whatsoever, I would wait until you have more resources available. Until then, I'd recommend sticking by means that don't require so much equipment, like a blog.

That's just my opinion, though. The iPhone may actually be okay for a series, given the camera is somewhat nice and it's easy to screw around with footage using basic programs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nyan.cat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've always wanted to make a series but...   I've always wanted to make a series but... Empty

Back to top Go down

I've always wanted to make a series but...
Page 1 of 1