Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server

Go down 
+16
Asylum690
Zeruel104
Wurzog
Derekjohn3
Royal Flush
Black_myst
EvilRhino229
BananaBrains
Malus
jimmyismike
level100nidoking
Hallow Sleeper
Dr. Squirtle
Zander
Dr. Lang
Picklen'UrSickel
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Black_myst
Anxious
Black_myst

Current Win Points : 23

Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Plugins and everything is all set and everything should be working nicely! Please note that the RP will start again tomorrow, but if you want to stop by and just talk feel free. However, this is now a white-list server. We believe that most of the people who have been accepted have been added, but if you discover you have not been added just post your MC username and a spoiler of your accepted app, we will add you. Very Happy

IP: 68.116.184.126:56665

Plugins:

• MorePlayerModels
  • Chairs
  • SimplyVanish
  • MuddersMilk
  • WorldEdit
  • WorldGuard
  • PEX
  • Essentials
  • Herochar
  • MobDisguise
  • Citizens
  • iConomy

NOTE: This server is now admin'd by myself (Black_myst), Picklen'UrSickel, and deadlyconfuzion. Any previous admins on the old server, who still wish to take part in this, will have to fill out the appropriate app.
Back to top Go down
Wurzog
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Will it be hosted at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Quote :
Could I suggest that you PM the ip to all of us? just to eliminate any possibility of other people joining.

and also, don't beat yourself up about it. it certainly wasn't your fault, and hackers are never fun

We are setting up a whitelist to prevent players who are not accepted completely ... and I was the idiot who picked an admin that tnt'd the damn map and spam attacked player... tomorrow should be much better
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Wurzog wrote:
Will it be hosted at the same time?

Yes
Back to top Go down
Black_myst
Anxious
Black_myst

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Again, sorry for the mass confusion that happened today, tomorrow should be much better, the map is all set up, plugins all hooked up, world all protected, and houses regioned, ready for people to claim them!

Also. I've noticed people are wanting materials as soon as we start RP'ing. The way we are going about this, is that everyone is new to Littlebrook, as in you just arrived there. The only thing you have on you is 10,000 Gold (iConomy money), and we go from there. Players will use the money to buy homes and such. However, you should be aware that we don't have a shop plugin installed, as the way we are doing things is having RP at scheduled times, so there won't be a need for a shop plugin if we are all kept in a small town and merchants are everywhere.

The only person who will really have anything at the start of the RP is the Mayor of Littlebrook (me), and the Mayor should be the first person to contact if you wish to buy a home/shop. Keep in mind this is the medieval times, so if you run out of money don't be afriad to barter!

Later tomorrow I will try to throw together a nice little post explaining the story line, but as of now you will just have to go by what's already said.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Zeruel104
Untainted
Zeruel104

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:56 pm

So I took a look around the server, looks great btw, just curious as to the average cost of the houses, I'm eying the one across from the mill as I plan to be role-playing the baker.

also are you going to keep the day/night cycle? or are we gonna keep this at night the whole time?
Back to top Go down
Wurzog
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm

I checked out the updated pack and the brick blocks are messed up. Is this just me?
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Wurzog wrote:
I checked out the updated pack and the brick blocks are messed up. Is this just me?

You need mc patcher to run the pack as it is HD
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Zeruel104 wrote:
So I took a look around the server, looks great btw, just curious as to the average cost of the houses, I'm eying the one across from the mill as I plan to be role-playing the baker.

also are you going to keep the day/night cycle? or are we gonna keep this at night the whole time?

There will be day and night cycles but admins will control how long we wish them to be! And homes for sale must be figured out in game... see ya all at five!
Back to top Go down
Wurzog
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:15 pm

That was fun! Hope to do it again as soon as possible!
Back to top Go down
Zeruel104
Untainted
Zeruel104

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Thoughts on the first session:

overall: It was quite fun.

Pros: good rp-ing with people, actually got a little scary with reading all the rp * moves.

cons: biggest for me was that after the game was done I was stuck vanished and I couldn't chat or do much of anything. I had no permission to do anything so I got rather frustrated that no one would un-vanish me after the game was over. I would have given my feedback right then and there.

while the rp was fun, it was also short, I know that since we had only a few people this first time it was inevitable.

I also had no way of making money, we started so suddenly that I had no time to ask about getting permission to harvest wheat, without wheat I couldn't make bread, and therefore had no income.

Things to think about: we really need to think about what we are doing here, I felt that things were very one sided with slenderman just doing whatever he pleases and the humans feeling helpless. I think that there should be a win condition for the humans if this is going to be a viable rp game otherwise I think it will get boring fast. something like one of the villagers manages to escape to live another day or something like that. I'm not suggesting that the villagers should be able to defeat slendy, as that goes against what slendy is all about. but just something that gives a clear 'win' for a villager or even a few villagers would be nice.

questions: is there a way to make day darker? the bright daytime kinda ruined the whole atmosphere when I was getting killed by slendy during the day. Next time I plan on short or tiny render distance in the hopes that the fog will add a little more atmosphere.

oh yeah, I also fraps the whole thing, so I'll edit it together and link it here when its done.

Edit: A few more thoughts; I feel things would have gone smoother if we
worked out the whole buying houses and setting up professions before we
started, or have slendy start stalking after the characters have
settled. for the first few in game days I was chasing the mayor around
trying to buy my house, and felt I could be doing other things. such as
harvesting wheat, or buying wheat so that I could make bread for
selling.

Furthermore, while reading the in game text was kinda creepy the whole experience wasn't very suspenseful, slendy just kinda went from person to person with no real buildup or payoff. more time in between sightings would help with this I think. having slendy stay out of sight for large periods of time, maybe staying deep in the woods peering at people for long periods of time. just some thoughts

Last edited by Zeruel104 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : More thoughts added, messed some things up)
Back to top Go down
j3uurm
Untainted
j3uurm

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:02 pm

I died and I am still muted, I am darkfox496, so if you ask me something in game, I cannot respond
Back to top Go down
http://en.gravatar.com/j3uurm
Wurzog
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Can you put a link to your RP server? I would love to join.
Back to top Go down
j3uurm
Untainted
j3uurm

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Wurzog wrote:
Check page 9!
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 am

Zeruel104 wrote:
Thoughts on the first session:

overall: It was quite fun.

Pros: good rp-ing with people, actually got a little scary with reading all the rp * moves.

cons: biggest for me was that after the game was done I was stuck vanished and I couldn't chat or do much of anything. I had no permission to do anything so I got rather frustrated that no one would un-vanish me after the game was over. I would have given my feedback right then and there.

while the rp was fun, it was also short, I know that since we had only a few people this first time it was inevitable.

I also had no way of making money, we started so suddenly that I had no time to ask about getting permission to harvest wheat, without wheat I couldn't make bread, and therefore had no income.

Things to think about: we really need to think about what we are doing here, I felt that things were very one sided with slenderman just doing whatever he pleases and the humans feeling helpless. I think that there should be a win condition for the humans if this is going to be a viable rp game otherwise I think it will get boring fast. something like one of the villagers manages to escape to live another day or something like that. I'm not suggesting that the villagers should be able to defeat slendy, as that goes against what slendy is all about. but just something that gives a clear 'win' for a villager or even a few villagers would be nice.

questions: is there a way to make day darker? the bright daytime kinda ruined the whole atmosphere when I was getting killed by slendy during the day. Next time I plan on short or tiny render distance in the hopes that the fog will add a little more atmosphere.

oh yeah, I also fraps the whole thing, so I'll edit it together and link it here when its done.

Edit: A few more thoughts; I feel things would have gone smoother if we
worked out the whole buying houses and setting up professions before we
started, or have slendy start stalking after the characters have
settled. for the first few in game days I was chasing the mayor around
trying to buy my house, and felt I could be doing other things. such as
harvesting wheat, or buying wheat so that I could make bread for
selling.

Furthermore, while reading the in game text was kinda creepy the whole experience wasn't very suspenseful, slendy just kinda went from person to person with no real buildup or payoff. more time in between sightings would help with this I think. having slendy stay out of sight for large periods of time, maybe staying deep in the woods peering at people for long periods of time. just some thoughts

Yea Im not going to lie slendy was hard to rp at times and next map we will have a way to "escape" as well as town jobs for everyone .. Im happy you enjoyed it and im sorry I forgot vanish mutes you... next time ill allow all to talk! We will have lumberjacks smithy's ect... and slenderman could not be stopped in this version but he could be avoided by emotes! I was rather irritated when I went into a jail and blocked the door... then suddenly the player pushed me out of the way ran out and slammed the door... without emoting anything... Next time we will ask you play on tiny and day will be much shorter and slendy will only watch ( from FAR away) night will be when he can attack.. we also expected to have a smithy... if there were swords things would have lasted longer :/.. But all in all im happy to hear you had fun and next time we will improve upon these flaws...

~ Pickle
Back to top Go down
Zeruel104
Untainted
Zeruel104

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 am

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:

Next time we will ask you play on tiny and day will be much shorter and slendy will only watch ( from FAR away) night will be when he can attack..

~ Pickle

I'm not sure a shorter daytime will help, we need the time to try and prepare ourselves and work our professions, perhaps a longer night though would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
j3uurm
Untainted
j3uurm

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:

Yea Im not going to lie slendy was
hard to rp at times and next map we will have a way to "escape" as well
as town jobs for everyone .. Im happy you enjoyed it and im sorry I
forgot vanish mutes you... next time ill allow all to talk! We will have
lumberjacks smithy's ect... and slenderman could not be stopped in this
version but he could be avoided by emotes! I was rather irritated when I
went into a jail and blocked the door... then suddenly the player
pushed me out of the way ran out and slammed the door... without emoting
anything... Next time we will ask you play on tiny and day will be much
shorter and slendy will only watch ( from FAR away) night will be when
he can attack.. we also expected to have a smithy... if there were
swords things would have lasted longer :/.. But all in all im happy to
hear you had fun and next time we will improve upon these flaws...

~ Pickle
I was the person who ran, but I said Adaephon runs

Zeruel104 wrote:

I'm not sure a shorter daytime will help, we need
the time to try and prepare ourselves and work our professions, perhaps
a longer night though would be welcome.
I agree

Oh yeah, and I had an idea that the server could be on earlier like at 3:00 EST

Last edited by BananaBrains on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : don't double-post! use the multi-quote button!)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lang
Untainted
Dr. Lang

Current Win Points : -1

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Sorry i wasnt on yesterday, ill try to be on today. hope to have a fun time ^.^
Back to top Go down
Wurzog
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:52 pm

j3uurm wrote:
Wurzog wrote:
Check page 9!

I mean another RP server. I played the slendy RP and at the end they talked about another RP server they had. I was wondering if I could get more info about that.
Back to top Go down
j3uurm
Untainted
j3uurm

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:35 pm

The server is not up, why?
Please tell me
No one is telling me why it was not up Shocked

Last edited by j3uurm on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding)
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 pm

j3uurm wrote:
The server is not up, why?
Please tell me
No one is telling me why it was not up Shocked

The servers not up because the event is over for now.. I will re-post here when we have a new map up~
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lang
Untainted
Dr. Lang

Current Win Points : -1

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:26 am

Hey pickle no offence but due to the recent things in minecraft im VERY unsure on how safe the server is for my account. I would like you to give some proof and etc. i know its white listed and all but the exploits are worrying me.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:44 am

Dr. Lang wrote:
Hey pickle no offence but due to the recent things in minecraft im VERY unsure on how safe the server is for my account. I would like you to give some proof and etc. i know its white listed and all but the exploits are worrying me.

The events over .. and we dont expect to hold another one for another few months... your safe..
Back to top Go down
Zeruel104
Untainted
Zeruel104

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 am

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:

The events over .. and we dont expect to hold another one for another few months... your safe..

Months?! aww man, I was really looking forward to another one sooner.
Back to top Go down
j3uurm
Untainted
j3uurm

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:14 am

Zeruel104 wrote:

Months?! aww man, I was really looking forward to another one sooner.
Me too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server   Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slenderman Minecraft Role-play server
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next