Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Man's Tentacles

Go down 
+36
MsHyde
FacelessNightmare
whateverworks
Yuuasou
DarkShadows
andywarski
level100nidoking
Corfa
Cougar Draven
ahk Tan
Rats808
cruro02
candlewatcher
Apophis
LMMN
Moose
Grandpa_Bacon
ShadowedStranger95
MidnightHand
DrProctra
Captivus
TheFallenenvoy
Incognitus999
Voidmaster
sirseansy
Illyrias_Acolyte
The Slenderfreak
SoulEatingBunny
Dr. Lang
housecat94
The Slender Man
SunshineShadows
Black_myst
Picklen'UrSickel
Catachan
papermouths
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
papermouths
Untainted
papermouths

Current Win Points : 2

Slender Man's Tentacles Empty
PostSubject: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:41 am

What do you guys think they would feel like and how strong would they be?

I myself think they would feel like snake skin and are just all muscle.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:44 am

Well, Slendy tentacles are usually portrayed as just a wiggling lines behind him most of the time, but there was a TribeTwelve video that showed him having suction cup-like anomalies on his tentacles, so I'm guessing that in part with him being a multidimensional stalker, his tentacles are completely cold and numbing to the touch, and the suction cup like things just add to it.

As for how strong they are, most people use his tentacles to rip people apart. I think that's the simple way to sum it up.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am

I sort have always imagined them as flexible sharp branches .. Like slenderman has a super natural ability to bend his branch like "tentacles" and grow them .. sort of like there big flexible bones protruteing from his back..
Back to top Go down
Black_myst
Anxious
Black_myst

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 am

I've always thought of them as slippery, black, wavy things. They would be moving at a very uncanny speed, and woukd only sprout when Sleny is REALLLY pissed off. As for the touch...I immagine something that is cold to to the touch but also feels like a slug just slid along the part they touched...leaving a slippeery and almost slimy feel. They should have a good dea of strenght behind them, being able to give someone a severe whip to the face, or strangle them to death with one of them...but not rip people apart. That's the proxies job.
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:00 am

Black_myst wrote:
They should have a good dea of strenght behind them, being able to give someone a severe whip to the face, or strangle them to death with one of them...but not rip people apart. That's the proxies job.

I'm guessing you haven't read any of the stories with him lifting people in the air and tearing them in half. They exist.
Back to top Go down
SunshineShadows
Anxious
SunshineShadows

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:26 am

I always imagine them as cold, wet air wrapping around whatever they touch. From the point of where they touch, they send a sort of numbing, yet buzzing feeling through the body, sort of like a venom of sorts.

In the dream in which this happened, I think I described it as pure darkness wrapping itself around you. :O

But I don't know, that's just what I imagine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:50 am

I think they would feel like an octopuses, and I bet they would be very strong.
Back to top Go down
housecat94
Untainted
housecat94

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:43 pm

They are the darkness. The darkness is ever-present, with the strength of a hundred black holes and the chill of empty space. They can grow and stretch, and shrink and shrivel. They can manifest spikes, suction cups, gales of wind, storms of flame. He is Lord of the Unknown, and the Darkness is His Throne.

The Darkness can feel like wisps of smoke, bars of steel, or the Cold itself. His Will brings it life, and his Will brings it death. The touch itself can kill, or it could numb, or it could produce hallucinations. The touch of Darkness can even bring the dead to life.

That is what I believe that His tendrils are and can do. Whether He ever shows these traits is up to Him (and by "him" I mean the authors).
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lang
Untainted
Dr. Lang

Current Win Points : -1

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:39 pm

My image would be just cold or no feeling at all. Like death. You die, people theory that you don't feel the pain in the last moments. Once slenderman could possibly kill someone quickly would it just be painless even though its terrible? And id say strong. he looks weak and frail, two ideas i have either they are his stronger side or they just keep coming, regrowing if cut down.

On the other hand i have heard of the stories that he just "Tickles" the person then goes away. I bet it would leave a frost, leave a mark that couldnt be removed. its feeling of the chill wouldn't leave.
Back to top Go down
SoulEatingBunny
Anxious
SoulEatingBunny

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:33 pm

When Surge first created him, the concept of Slendy's extra arms was that they were long branches. T12 displays them as tentacles, and MH doesn't show Slender Man ever having any extra limbs. Everybody has their own style of what He looks like. I personally like the idea of having branch-like limbs. I picture them as sleek black spider legs, that can impale things, rip people in half, and that kind of stuff. Head Tilt
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:20 pm

In my opinion, this is a matter of perception. to some, his tentacles will never appear, only a never-seen device to scare them with what COULD be there (MH). In other stories, they are sharp and jagged, much like the branches of the forests he inhabits (My favorite type). other times it is an identifier that he is definitely NOT human, a scare tactic to send his victims running (T12). Many stories has him actually use them, but as I say, they are different according to the victim and his/her perception/expectations. as to the feel, same thing-depends on the person.
Back to top Go down
Illyrias_Acolyte
Untainted
Illyrias_Acolyte

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:44 am

I figured that they'd be slimy and made of pure muscle, at least the ones from Tribe Twelve, which is what I most often picture Slendy's tentacles like.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:05 am

Black_myst wrote:
but not rip people apart. That's the proxies job.

Mehh I know this is a tad off topic but im honestly sick of proxies there overused and slenderman should be able to injure/hurt people without the help of those dman "proxies"
Back to top Go down
sirseansy
Untainted
sirseansy

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 pm

I always think of them as kind of like tendrils of smoke. I think Slenderman is a sort of immaterial entity and the tendrils are just a manifestation of that fact. He may be able to use them for things but I'm not sure what...
Back to top Go down
http://sirseansy.tumblr.com
Voidmaster
Anxious
Voidmaster

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Dr. Lang wrote:
My image would be just cold or no feeling at all. Like death.

I agree with this. In my mind they don't have a texture, they're just cold and dread. And yes, they are capable of tearing people apart. I've always thought that Slendy seemed too quiet; too reserved. Makes me want to see him obliterate a city block, ripping and tearing, cutting and splitting. Blood flowing thick in the gutters of the street, screams rending the air.

But I guess I'm just sort of creepy, lol.
Back to top Go down
Incognitus999
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:57 pm

I don't think they'd "feel" like anything - I think, like the Slender Man himself, the matter they are made of is so inimical to our reality that it probably can't be considered to be matter at all.

Faced with such a sensation, the human nervous system would just shut down at worse, or fail to acknowledge anything at best.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:23 pm

In a mythos with no canon, all of these can stand. However I prefer mine to be long and flexible but with the capability to go rigid enough to push off or stand on (akoolstick and osirischronicles :3)
Back to top Go down
Captivus
Untainted

Current Win Points : -4

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:32 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
In a mythos with no canon, all of these can stand. However I prefer mine to be long and flexible but with the capability to go rigid enough to push off or stand on (akoolstick and osirischronicles :3)

I'd have to agree.
I have read stories of him leaving marks with them. So they have to have some large enough mass to harm something.

So ya, flexible but can become rigid, kinda like Bat Mans's cape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.something.com
DrProctra
Untainted
DrProctra

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Lethery, maybe the skin a little bit soft. Maybe they'd be hard, Idk. I like to think they're sort of like a hard swimming noodle.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/feep
MidnightHand
Untainted
MidnightHand

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:51 am

I'd say the same as you papermouths, I'd imagine the tentacles to be strong with a snake skin like scaly-ness to it.
I'd say they'd be comparable to that of a Boa Constrictor...obviously without the actual head.
Razz
Back to top Go down
ShadowedStranger95
Watched
ShadowedStranger95

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:05 pm

I always just imagine them to be almost like solid shadow, or maybe have a texture like skin. Maybe they're just actual shadows that can hold things when necessary? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Grandpa_Bacon
Untainted
Grandpa_Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:53 pm

I Think those tentacles go into your mouth or something and suck all the life out of you...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Moose
Anxious
Moose

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 pm

[Up until recently I thought they were solidified shadows that manifest in a physical form.]
[Specifically, I was under the impression that his tendrils were lightwaves of darkness so intense that they solidified, stealing molecules and atoms out of other things to manifest in a solidified physical form.]
[In this sense, if he were to steal the oxygen out of the air in the area around him it would leave, perhaps, just the carbon monoxide pollutes, causing light-headedness or something of the nature and making it easier to break into his target's psyche and recruit them as a proxy.]
[It could also work vice versa, I suppose, and that would also make sense as to why his tendrils are black (other than the whole 'pure darkness' business) if he were to collect molecules of pure pollution out of the atmosphere around him, thus thinning the air and making it harder to breath?]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ragemoose.com
LMMN
Untainted
LMMN

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:04 am

I've always thought of them like extra arms, that he extends whenever he feels, with hands and all.
They would come out of his back like branches, adding joints if they get too long.

I'd think they'd feel just like his arms, with fabric sleeves and hands and they'd have to be strong enough to lift his own body weight like how some pictures show him.
Back to top Go down
Apophis
Untainted
Apophis

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:33 pm

I imagine Slender Man's tentacles to be shadow without physical form and only visible when Slendy intends to use them. I would imagine them to be icy cold with the ability to pass through solid objects and even pluck the soul from a person's body.
I do however also think that they can physically hold an object if desired and function like physical appendages. But generally I believe, they are incorporeal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man's Tentacles   Slender Man's Tentacles Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Man's Tentacles
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next