Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Entry 33 Discussion

Go down 
+29
LikeADrunkButNot
Hither-Thither
SydRyan
Ms.Taken
TheVman22
LuciaInFurs
taylortexas
Erratic
Empty
Nedark
QhaoticZombie
Thage the Minithulu
SickSlickMan
BlackWolf
Glomple
gryugglpuff31
bilo
Omega
Harlan Phoenix
LisaEvermore
Zander
WhiteWolf
future
Broeckchen
Sachael
Alice
DaLadybugMan
Laughing Mask
The Doctor
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:54 pm

<_> And her acting was just starting to get good and OH MY GOD WTFoh hey he busted his ass with a mag-lite. Win.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 pm

I still say that Masky isn't on Slendy's side. He didn't seem to be actively attacking Jay. In fact, when it comes to actual agression towards J, the only strong evidence is when he charges at him in his first appearance, knocks him down, and, um...does things. Offscreen.

*insert slashfic material here*

But anyway, apart from that one incident, he hasn't seemed particularly malevolent.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Glomple
Untainted
Glomple

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:27 pm

But the camera distorts the same way it does around Slendy.

This could mean a few things:

1. Slendy's around
2. Masky is turning into Slendy v2
3. Masky is part of Slendy

And probably some others. But if 2 or 3 is correct, then Masky is definitely malevolent. He was about to attack J in this entry after all, but he got beaned with the Maglite. Razz
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched
QhaoticZombie

Current Win Points : 152

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Ha ha, when I saw that hand I was like "OH FUCK JAY, TURN AROUND."
Back to top Go down
http://qhaoticzombie.deviantart.com
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Glomple wrote:

1. Slendy's around

And probably some others. But if 2 or 3 is correct, then Masky is definitely malevolent. He was about to attack J in this entry after all, but he got beaned with the Maglite. Razz

I like how Masky's solution to every problem is tackling it to the fucking ground.
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched
QhaoticZombie

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
I like how Masky's solution to every problem is tackling it to the fucking ground.

You just earned yourself a winpoint.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Glomple wrote:

1. Slendy's around

Bu-buh-buuuut!

While the distortions appear, the Slendy-sickness evidently is suddenly absent!
So where is the connection between the sickness, the coughing, Masky and Slender Man?
If you think about it afterwards, the absence of coughing feels strange because the first time Jay went down against Masky wasn't because of Masky. It was because of a coughing fit, which made Jay more vulnerable! Also: Tim/Masky had the coughs too before. Why doesn't he now?

Also, if Slendy makes people cough - which He obviously does, judging from the Alex-footage - and the guys didn't cough in entry #33, Slendy can not have been near them while this scene happened. This raises some questions:

1.) Why didn't the operator appear in person? He wasn't ashamed of personally coming to Jay before, so why isn't he there now?
2.) Why do the distortions appear, though? (Shamelessly stolen from Glomples post)
3.) Who [s]WAS PHONE[/s] took Jessica away? Did she [s]MAKE MOVE NOW[/s] go out of her own free will?
3.1.) If Jessica went alone, why did she do it? Did she know something Jay didn't?
4.) Might the coughing be a red herring or something completeley else? Did Alex and his girlfriend cough in the last entry of s1?

And then there's one more thing. We have never seen Masky and the Operator together.

While there are some aspects speaking for them being intertwined (the distortions, Maskys appearance in the house, having no indivual face...), Masky actually really never stated that he'd work for Slender Man. They never even appeared somewhere together. Obviously they have been near to each other in the house or when Tim coughed while he visited Alex and Jay, but the Operator always appeared alone.

Slowly, I really think that the Operator and Masky have different goals. Masky could be a long-time victim of the Slender Man and have decided to fight against him. Or he might want to keep the Operators existance a secret because of the Tulpa effect. Or he might actually have a deal with the Operator, but out of his own free will. A friend of mine developed the theory that Masky is actually not after Jay, but after the Operator - I say, he might even be after the tapes instead. Obviously Masky was in Jays house, and vanished together with him. But - and now comes the strange part - he didn't appear on the footage of Jay in the time Jay wasn't in his bed. Is Masky totheark and filmed that footage? That would raise another question nobody ever effing thinks about: Why did the Operator just totally ignore Jay and come over to the camera instead? It can of course just be because of the Rule of Creepy, but there is a little possibility that a Masked Man stood behind the camera, hysterically laughing and coughing, just to mutter "Bring it on, bitch!", at his favourite Eldritch Abomination afterwards. Jay is looking at the camera too, so there might have been something stareworthy behind it. How and why did Masky then survive that moment?

Masky attacked Jay in the very moment Jay retrieved the tapes from the safe. Totheark (who could be Masky) starts to answer to Jay when Tim learns that Jay has got the tapes in the first place! Whatever Masky is up to, Jay isn't his target - he merely stands in his way. Or is a pawn in whatever game Slender Man and Masky are playing with each other.
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Glomple wrote:

1. Slendy's around

Just a theory I'm throwing out to be considered, but what if Masky is protecting Jay from learning too much? Masky showing up around Jay's bed could be like watching over him rather than just watching him (even though it is still creepy). Or the time when Jay was attacked in the house: Masky may have just been discouraging Jay from going back there again. He didn't get hurt seriously in the fight. This time he showed up when Jay found the tapes. Masky obviously didn't want Jay to get those, because then Jay would get whatever information is there.

I will also theorize that for whatever reason Masky is incapable of speaking, or he would of just said something to Jay rather than beating the crap out of him. Honestly, I'm just trying to look at all this from a different perspective, rather than assuming Masky is malevolent.

Broeckchen's theories mirror my own!
Back to top Go down
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 pm

QhaoticZombie wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

In my mind, Masky is Totheark and he uploads his videos by tackling his computer.
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched
QhaoticZombie

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
QhaoticZombie wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

In my mind, Masky is Totheark and he uploads his videos by tackling his computer.

Dude, seriously. You're makin' me laugh too hard.
Back to top Go down
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Glomple wrote:

1. Slendy's around

Actually, I'll quote this again: it could be that prolonged exposure to Slenderman gives you camera distortion properties without actually transforming you.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 pm

ZOMGZOMGZOMG

Masky is back! Woooo!
He better not take a while to upload those tapes; I want to see them so much.
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:08 pm

"oh hey new entry, I wonder where Jay's dragging Jessica

oh wait she's gone

OH GOD SAFE COMBINATION YES

WAIT FUCKING HAND ON DOOR OH GOD MASKY AAAAA"

And is it sad that at first I thought the hand was Slendy?
Back to top Go down
Erratic
Observer

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
QhaoticZombie wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

Okay, someone needs to make a masky macro with a courage wolf background.

Tackle fucking everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
QhaoticZombie wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

You are a genius. I want a comic of this. Someone get on it. NAOW.
Back to top Go down
taylortexas
Untainted
taylortexas

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Wow. This was such an excellent entry on so many levels!

For one, we have the door to two mysteries closed: what is the code for the safe, and what waits inside of it? We now know it was full of tapes from the past seven months, meaning we now are going to have tons of crazy stuff to look at and hopefully an answer as to what Jay's been up to. At the same time, another door opens: what happened to Jessica? She has completely vanished. Will Jay try to find her, or is she gone forever?

And the cherry on top: Masky.

Now, admittedly I was hoping we wouldn't see him or totheark for awhile. I prefer The Operator and it's antics waaaay over the more human antagonists. However, those geniuses behind this series were able to change my mind completely in a matter of 30 seconds. When that hand appeared over the door, my stomach completely dropped. I knew it wasn't The Operator. My first thought was Jessica was about to attack him, as it was obviously going to be something evil. When Masky came charging out though, I was completely stunned. That was such an intense and alarming return into the series and I absolutely loved it. I'm glad to see Masky back, and this video further hammered in the theory that Masky is Tim. It seems that it couldn't be any other way.

That said, I hope the tapes are full of Operator encounters. Masky is welcome to pursue Jay in the present as long as we can still get a dose of Slendy from the past.

I absolutely applaud Troy and Joseph. This entry was beautiful. They accomplished so much in under three minutes, and always know how to keep the audience hooked. I'm anxious to see what follows.
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched
QhaoticZombie

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Empty wrote:
"oh hey new entry, I wonder where Jay's dragging Jessica

oh wait she's gone

OH GOD SAFE COMBINATION YES

WAIT FUCKING HAND ON DOOR OH GOD MASKY AAAAA"

And is it sad that at first I thought the hand was Slendy?

I thought the hand belonged to Mr. Slender, too, so don't feel too bad. XD;
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Actually, My first thought was that it was Jessica. Jay would open the door, and BAMMASKYJESSICA!!! I am glad, however, that it was Timasky. The series is going to bring back some footage, which is also a plus. I'm gonna take a stab at it:

The first video we see will be something from TTA. The tapes following will consist of footage from Alex's camera after the woman found it. Eventually, Jay will find out where Alex is, they will reunite, a chior will sing, and then they will both confront Slenderman.

CASE CLOSED
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Erratic wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:
QhaoticZombie wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

Okay, someone needs to make a masky macro with a courage wolf background.

Tackle fucking everything.

Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 Tackle10

Best I could make in a minute using MS Paint.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Just...bravo.

I also like the idea that Tim is Masky, and trying to protect Jay. "He opened the safe! DON'T WATCH THOSE TAPES!" XD

I'm thinking he maybe wears the mask and doesn't speak, so as not to alert Slendy that it's him doing it, since there's evidence he was stalked before Jay or Alex.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:31 pm

I will continue to stick with my hypothesis that Masky just wants to make friends, but he's really socially awkward and keeps messing up every time he meets J.
The poor guy has no idea what a Slender Man even is; all the distortions have just been a cah-razy coincidence.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
LuciaInFurs
Anxious
LuciaInFurs

Current Win Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm

"Love tackle!"

*Flash-light to the face*

>:
Back to top Go down
http://www.luciainfurs.wordpress.com
TheVman22
Untainted

Current Win Points : -7

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:03 pm

The whole thing with the safe and whats inside it... I FREAKIN CALLED IT!

I also think that Jessica is masky, Hence the audio and video distortion around Jessica, and how the video and audio distortion acts up around masky, and how when masky is there, Jessica isnt!

Last edited by Detective on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double post)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 pm

No double posting, please. *merges posts*

Also, I think you meant "Jessica is a Masky," not "Jessica is the Masky," because the Masky we see here is clearly not female.
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Detective wrote:
No double posting, please. *merges posts*

Also, I think you meant "Jessica is a Masky," not "Jessica is the Masky," because the Masky we see here is clearly not female.
Or is he?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry 33 Discussion   Entry 33 Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Entry 33 Discussion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next