Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Your pick for New Sages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kingxana0
Observer

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Your pick for New Sages   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:53 pm

If you could pick any three current bloggers to take over for the current Sages who would they be, why do you think they would make good sages, and provide a link to their blog if you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konaa
Observer

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Nobody. Core Theory's dead and buried. No need to go excavating.

The sages themselves have decided not to pass on their titles, I berlieve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Be honest now, is this somehow related to your blog? I've noticed you're mentioning Core Theory some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
kingxana0
Observer

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 am

Just because I run a blog doesn't mean everything I post here is about it. I just asked a question because it seemed interesting to me to see what people would say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:02 am

in that case, I think a good chunk of the people here don't even know what you mean by "sages". Those who do are quite content to let it lie where it is. Like Konaa said, no need to dig up what's dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:55 am

As someone who gave legitimate consideration to pitching this very idea in my blog for a while(because I'm not one of the people that hears the phase "Core Theory" and throws up in their mouth a little), I'll just say what I generally concluded about the notion. That being that, looking at the present line-up of "new people" in the verse, there simply isn't anyone who really fits the bill for what the Sages were supposed to be anymore. And the few that might come close (and I'd be stretching pretty far to say that much) simply don't carry the level of influence that the older ones had. Or rather, there's no one I could point at in the ranks of the Runners and go, "oh yeah, everyone will totally flock to that guy/gal as a pillar of strength for the community."

So... yeah, kind of a lost cause at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am

Yeah, are there even any runners anymore? Aren't, like, over half of the notable blog protagonists proxies by this point now?
Back to top Go down
The_Childs_Last_Light
Taken

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 pm

That's the sad future which may plague future slender blogs or even fear blogs. The protagonists either die, become proxies, or possibly go insane. No one, at least with what I've been seeing lately, is willing to find a new ending for their blogs.

You could bore the Slenderman, causing him to leave you alone. You could try trapping him with some sort of occult magic or disperse his essence temporarily to give you some peace for a bit before he comes back.

All it requires is for people to think outside of the lovecraftian box. I'm not saying for anyone to make a bunch of self inserts who kick his ass, since he is still an eldritch abomination, but to think of new ways to give a conclusion to a story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CuteWithoutThe
Watched

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:07 pm

I doubt we'll have that happen. Or at least, I won't let that happen. The Fear Mythos was created by thinking outside the box, after all!

We have nice conclusions that usually don't play out like that at all. But I can see it happening if we adopt more of the Slenderblogger culture into our Mythos... and I am doubtful I'd let that happen either...

Don't worry. The Fear Mythos will not go stale like the Slender Man Mythos has. Not on my watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Childs_Last_Light
Taken

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 pm

While your dedication is admirable and noteworthy, you musnt let the possibility stray from your mind. For if it does,you'll be oblivious to the signs when they inevitably weed up.

Not to mention, and this is not antagonistic, for I do enjoy a good fear mythos reading, but it's concepts are essentially a more collected lovecraftian grouping. Your going to have to work arduously in order to ensure that it doesn't fall into a rut. Personally, I'd recommend an introduction of opposites of the fears, but that's just me, so no need to give it any mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CuteWithoutThe
Watched

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Well, really, many of our blogs don't deal with Runners. We adopt many viewpoints in our stories. We have no canon, and we encourage people to take advantage of that.

For example, the critically acclaimed OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING has Fears being killed off. Now in other stories that may also kill your fear, but in the way it is portrayed in the story, it works.

We don't try to fall in the same rut as Slender Blogs because a reason the Fear Mythos was created as a way to get away from the usual plots and cliches that plague a normal slenderblog.

For example, one of our first blogs, Brighter than a Spoon, the author Alliterator actually tried to give it a "happy" ending, where the blog was cut off when it was ambiguous whether the Slender Man was still hunting them or not.

There are many ways to tell a story, and we take every advantage we can of that. Again, "no canon". We don't try and tell others what to do with the Fears like how strict everyone in the Slender Man mythos is with Slendy. If you wanted to kill a Fear off... go ahead! Why not! It's your story.

And don't worry, I won't be blind to it. After all, I have the Slender Man Mythos to look upon for examples of it weeding up.

We aren't just into Lovecraft. We're into any genre. We mix it and mash it and create wonderful stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Konaa
Observer

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:16 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
Yeah, are there even any runners anymore? Aren't, like, over half of the notable blog protagonists proxies by this point now?

*cough*

perhaps you are forgetting someone
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Konaa wrote:
DaLadybugMan wrote:

*cough*

perhaps you are forgetting someone

Oh, yeah, right, Gargoyle!
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:02 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
Fun fact: Slender Man doesn't bother hunting Runners anymore. He just proxifies people and tells them to kill anyone wearing an operator symbol, then sits back with some popcorn as they slaughter each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your pick for New Sages   Today at 2:04 am

Back to top Go down

Your pick for New Sages
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: