Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neomenia
Anxious

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:38 am

Caught ends up with various bottles of unknown fluid(s) in the course of the series, and one of them seems to act as some kind of defensive charm or totem, able to hold Slender Man at bay when Caught brandishes it. Does anyone understand what that is, or why it has that effect? It seems rare for a series to reveal something completely new about Slendy, but with this CNS seems to have added to the Slender knowledge base. It sort of seems like we should try to understand what's happening there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:41 am

We've taken to calling it "slenderbane" for its effects. He got it in Lansing place so we can only surmise that Help3r left it there for him. We're still not sure what or why it has the effect that it does, as no one has given us those details, but through details we've gotten straight from Caught in the butterfly chat, we've learned that over time the quantity of fluid has waned.

It's probably not going to be too pretty when he runs out, either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChewieV2
Observer

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 am

Assuming that the bottle that Roivas sent me is the same stuff Caught has then the liquid is "something that once lived" or something like that.
It has two apparent powers, one of protection that is constantly active and we don't know what the other is, but apparently the second effect will only kick in if the owner dies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neomenia
Anxious

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Is this now part of the broader Slender Canon, or is this an area where CNS is deviating from the accepted parameters of a Slender Man story? If the former, has it been used anywhere else, and was this the first instance of anything like this?

Do we know that the substance in the bottle is the key to its apparent effectiveness? Or could it be a case of Caught's belief in the protective powers of the fluid actually creating the power? Or does Slendy believe that the bottle should have some power over him for some reason, and his response creates the illusion that there is real power there? This seems like one of the more important developments in a Slender Story recently, at least among those I've seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Untainted

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Well seeing as we have little to no details of what it actually is, or how it works, I can only assume it's something specific to CNS.

Something that did just occur to me, is it may be a combination of the fluid AND the camera/Caught looking at Slenderman, that keeps him in check.

Caught says "He can't move, so long as I keep the camera on him" in "A Dark Place"*, and as soon as Caught moves the camera (and likely the bottle too), Slenderman is suddenly gone.

If the stuff inside the bottle Help3r gave him is anything like the stuff Roivas has been giving out (which it may not be, they could be completely different things), then it may be something along the lines of Caught/the camera looking THROUGH the fluid at Slenderman, which maybe fixs him in place.

The reason I bring up Roivas' bottle, is because in "A Dark Place"* when Caught walks behind and past Roivas' bottle (so you briefly see him though it), the entire screen goes odd, and then back to normal once he's past it.

When I asked Roivas whether that was an example of this "sight" they kept saying that bottle had the power of, they said yes.

Which implies that looking through at least the Roivas bottles may do something.

Which places the likelihood of something happening when looking through Help3r's bottles... at least within the same spectrum of possibility.

[ * Translated from Roivas Code.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?   

Back to top Go down

That bottle of mystery fluid which fends off Slendy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads :: CaughtNotSleeping ARG-
Jump to: