Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff



 
HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 
 

 Slender Man Reality

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dreadfulthoughts
Untainted


Posts : 2
Current Win Points : -1
Join date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Slender Man Reality   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Honestly, I am a huge Slender Man fan. Just the idea of an entity such as it is mind blowing. If you think about it though, one possible origin of how it came to be was through just believing in it (The Tulpa Effect). It was created because we chose to believe it, well some of us do. I want to , but science has and my own reasoning has me skeptical. If he is a being created by our own thoughts just imagine what lurks in the dark. It could be right behind you. Some mythos says the more you know about him or research him or whatever. The more aware you become the easier it is for him to find you. There was a quote that I recall, (Imagination is powerful. If you can imagine it, then in a different dimension it can be true), obviously not verbatim, but you get the jist of it. If there are an infinite number of realities, then just thinking about ANYTHING can create another one. So my point, Slender Man, how much there is about it, it's abilities, origins, attributes etc. Just thinking about an entity that can both exist and not exist and walk freely among dimensions theoretically should make it a reality. I've pondered that thought so many fucking times! And I want to believe but I just can't. Here is a counter example that i think proves the theory of creating another world by mind fucken false hope. I sat here and imagined a man, sitting at home exactly like hours, but this man has finally grasped the concept of traveling between different dimensions, and he coincidentally traveled to our dimension. Where he lands in my exact are, time, and place. There you go. If the theory was true. Shouldn't he be here!? Right behind me or wherever. Now, Slender Man, I know it's a bad idea but I imagined him doing the same thing, with all the same abilities, but he slender walked in our dimension and sensed me. Should work but it didn't. Fuck writing. My point is. It's sadly not true. Correct me if im wrong. I know I soun like i'm talking out of my ass.


Last edited by KillstheBeat on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : What the hell is this fascination with Comic Sans?!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingxana0
Observer


Posts : 148
Current Win Points : 27
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 am

The theory is interesting but sadly impossible. If another reality existed just to the left or right of this one it would take the energy of a sun or a few hundred suns to punch a hole in the barrier that kept these two things apart. And even if this was done the person who did this would have to be able to exist in our reality without exploding due to an unknown factor. Like lets say that in the reality the traveler was from their sun was less powerful and they lived in a world of mostly ice, the pure heat from our sun at any time other then absolute winter would burn them to death.

And that isn't even factoring in how they would get the coordinate to Earth from their own reality or the fact that ripping a hole big enough for someone to step through safely could potentially cause a snap back effect destroying everything in existence.

Of course I am just talking out of my ass with a few terms I got from studying how such things could work. Gday mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 am

I like making random words bold and red because it totally isn't pretentious at all and god dammit what is with all these people talking about the Tulpa Theory and pretending they know science these days.

And if I see one more person say Slenderwalking I swear I am going to murder an orphanage I hate hate hate hate hate hate that word why do people use it I made it up as a joke I didn't expect it to actually be taken seriously that and Slenderproxies god dammit why do you people use the terminology I made think of your own words AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted


Posts : 47
Current Win Points : 15
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 31
Location : That place M fled...

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 am

This is what you get for making up words Omega!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingxana0
Observer


Posts : 148
Current Win Points : 27
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 pm

Omega wrote:
I like making random words bold and red because it totally isn't pretentious at all and god dammit what is with all these people talking about the Tulpa Theory and pretending they know science these days.

And if I see one more person say Slenderwalking I swear I am going to murder an orphanage I hate hate hate hate hate hate that word why do people use it I made it up as a joke I didn't expect it to actually be taken seriously that and Slenderproxies god dammit why do you people use the terminology I made think of your own words AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

And Slender Man was made off an image board picture that was just made for fun. People see something, like it, then it explodes across everywhere. You should feel honored that your idea was liked by so many people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CuteWithoutThe
Watched


Posts : 208
Current Win Points : 77
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 21
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 pm

^

No one /should/ feel any other way than what they naturally feel themselves. He feels how he feels.

And why feel honored of an idea that you are ashamed of anyways?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm

kingxana0 wrote:
Omega wrote:
I like making random words bold and red because it totally isn't pretentious at all and god dammit what is with all these people talking about the Tulpa Theory and pretending they know science these days.

And if I see one more person say Slenderwalking I swear I am going to murder an orphanage I hate hate hate hate hate hate that word why do people use it I made it up as a joke I didn't expect it to actually be taken seriously that and Slenderproxies god dammit why do you people use the terminology I made think of your own words AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

And Slender Man was made off an image board picture that was just made for fun. People see something, like it, then it explodes across everywhere. You should feel honored that your idea was liked by so many people.

I'm fine with people liking my stuff. I'm confused when people take the things I said as jokes to be canon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
ExorcistGamer
Watched


Posts : 271
Current Win Points : 143
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Omega wrote:
kingxana0 wrote:
Omega wrote:
I like making random words bold and red because it totally isn't pretentious at all and god dammit what is with all these people talking about the Tulpa Theory and pretending they know science these days.

And if I see one more person say Slenderwalking I swear I am going to murder an orphanage I hate hate hate hate hate hate that word why do people use it I made it up as a joke I didn't expect it to actually be taken seriously that and Slenderproxies god dammit why do you people use the terminology I made think of your own words AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

And Slender Man was made off an image board picture that was just made for fun. People see something, like it, then it explodes across everywhere. You should feel honored that your idea was liked by so many people.

I'm fine with people liking my stuff. I'm confused when people take the things I said as jokes to be canon.

It's funny because this just reminds me how the fascination with killing off Omega in blogs started.

You made a joke about it, BAM! We're all doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corfa
Watched


Posts : 236
Current Win Points : 8
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 23
Location : On your computer screen, obvioulsy.

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Anyone else seeing the tulpa theory being the new hip thing?


In the futuristic world of 2012, the population of Tulpa theory escalates, and the world is throwns into chaos as things is thrown out of hand. There is one man. One being to bring order back....Rob Schneider. In this romantic action comedy, rob Schneider teams up with his best frieand, Adam Sandler to save the world! They go on magical,whimsical adventures through dark caves, candyland, and most importantly, The Slender Nation forums! (in theatres 2014)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Honestly, the Tulpa Theory has been around for a long while now and it's not really anything new. As many have said, it's only a theory. It's theoretical, not factual. Trust me, it's been over a year since the first MH video hit 1,000,000 views. If it were an actual thing, I think a lot of us would have been done in by now.

What's next, is someone going to think the House of Leaves is real?

(AmIdoinitrite?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NiteLites
Untainted


Posts : 1
Current Win Points : 0
Join date : 2012-08-24
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:24 am

Tulpa Effect is pretty popular right now and yes, it has been around for quite a while (not just in reference to slenderman) and if it was factual, many people would have been, yes, 'done in'
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.slendernites.blogspot.com/
Captivus
Untainted


Posts : 13
Current Win Points : -4
Join date : 2012-08-25
Age : 22
Location : The corner of your eye.

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:23 am

Dreadfulthoughts wrote:
[left][center]Honestly, I am a huge Slender Man fan. Just the idea of an entity such as it is mind blowing. If you think about it though, one possible origin of how it came to be was through just believing in it (The Tulpa Effect). It was created because we chose to believe it, well some of us do. I want to , but science has and my own reasoning has me skeptical. If he is a being created by our own thoughts just imagine what lurks in the dark. It could be right behind you. Some mythos says the more you know about him or research him or whatever. The more aware you become the easier it is for him to find you. There was a quote that I recall, (Imagination is powerful. If you can imagine it, then in a different dimension it can be true), obviously not verbatim, but you get the jist of it. If there are an infinite number of realities, then just thinking about ANYTHING can create another one.

Against my better judgement I'm going to respond to this without read all other post first.

First of all the Tulpa Effect is C***. If that was the case there would be things like the Grudge running around....or creeping around. And on that subject....zombies. Werewolfs. Vampires. Goblins and Ghouls. We would see many more of those then we do now....which by my last count was, non. Now, knowing about something doesn't make it want to come after you. Because if the Tulpa Effect was real, then the people that know more about the "SlenderMan" would become would be the best ones to "spread the word". And therefore become more useful to him in keeping him real. If the "SlenderMan" killed or removed everyone that know about him then he would stop being real. Its very counter productive.
NO, instead he would kidnap people of worth to steal their money. And then do what with that money? Make a movie of course. And then because he knows so much about us, he would know "SlenderMan" sound like a pedophile, so he would have the movie be called something just as vague like. Like, Entity. Then more people would know about him, and therefore reinforce his being.

PS: I don't agree with the Tupla Effect. Could you tell?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.something.com
iInnocenzia
Untainted


Posts : 1
Current Win Points : 0
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 am

Captivus wrote:
Dreadfulthoughts wrote:
[center]Honestly, I am a huge Slender Man fan. Just the idea of an entity such as it is mind blowing. If you think about it though, one possible origin of how it came to be was through just believing in it (The Tulpa Effect). It was created because we chose to believe it, well some of us do. I want to , but science has and my own reasoning has me skeptical. If he is a being created by our own thoughts just imagine what lurks in the dark. It could be right behind you. Some mythos says the more you know about him or research him or whatever. The more aware you become the easier it is for him to find you. There was a quote that I recall, (Imagination is powerful. If you can imagine it, then in a different dimension it can be true), obviously not verbatim, but you get the jist of it. If there are an infinite number of realities, then just thinking about ANYTHING can create another one.

Against my better judgement I'm going to respond to this without read all other post first.

First of all the Tulpa Effect is C***. If that was the case there would be things like the Grudge running around....or creeping around. And on that subject....zombies. Werewolfs. Vampires. Goblins and Ghouls. We would see many more of those then we do now....which by my last count was, non. Now, knowing about something doesn't make it want to come after you. Because if the Tulpa Effect was real, then the people that know more about the "SlenderMan" would become would be the best ones to "spread the word". And therefore become more useful to him in keeping him real. If the "SlenderMan" killed or removed everyone that know about him then he would stop being real. Its very counter productive.
NO, instead he would kidnap people of worth to steal their money. And then do what with that money? Make a movie of course. And then because he knows so much about us, he would know "SlenderMan" sound like a pedophile, so he would have the movie be called something just as vague like. Like, Entity. Then more people would know about him, and therefore reinforce his being.

PS: I don't agree with the Tupla Effect. Could you tell?




whoa, hold on a second there cowboy


Are there forces, or entities, out there who are demonic? Yes, and by
demonic I mean they vibrate at a very low level of vibration. Hatred,
malevolence, deceit, purely concentrated negativity. A demon kinda
breaks a threshold when it comes to the "negative" barrier and they do
exude this energy. Pure malevolence on fire is how I describe it.


Are there forces, or entites, out there who are angelic? Yes, and by
angelic I mean that are at a very high level of vibration. Generosity,
love, hope, peace, gratitude, purely concentrated positivity. Pure
benevolence with a side of warm apple pie is how I describe it.

You can't mistake the two when you come into contact with them,
at least on the astral plane! It is not like here where bad guys can
look good. It's as night and day as looking at someone and being able
to tell the color of their skin, except you can sense the vibration of
their soul. I've had contact with negative entities and there is
absolutely no masquerade when it comes to what they are. Same thing
with positive entitites. The negative entitites don't even seem to want
to come off as positive.

If you are a christian, then you surely got baptized, even if its
not necessary. When you are an infant, your parents take you to the
church, and the priest will make you stand or kneel in a huge pot, while
more water was poured on you.

To put it most simply, the power, effect, benefit, fruit, and purpose
of Baptism is to save. No one is baptized in order to become a prince,
but as the words say, to "be saved". To be saved, we know, is nothing
else than to be delivered from sin, death, and the devil and to enter
into the kingdom of Christ and live with him forever.


— Luther's Large Catechism, 1529

"Without opening the Sahasrara (7th chakra), God itself was a
myth, religion itself was a myth, all talk about divinity and spirits was a myth.
People believed in it but it was just a belief. Now if the will of God
is so important, it has to be proved. Now through Sahaja Yoga, after the
breaking of the Sahasrara, you have now, for the first time, felt the
will of God, which is such an important thing. Now the will of God you
are feeling on your finger tips. After realisation, you have discovered
the absolute science which is the will of God."
The Paraclete Shri Mataji
This procedure normaly closes your seventh chakra. Without it, you can not see entities, its like being ,,trapped'' in a different dimension where entities don't exist, for you. Think about it, a world full of people that see everyday SlenderMan, The Rake, werewolves, vampires, ect. It would be a huge disaster. Its like a protection. They exist, somewhere, in a parallel dimension, around us, but we can not see them, feel them, hear them,
Also, vampires, werewolves & SlenderMan are just a legend, pal.





But as Michael Scott said, At the heart of every legend there is a grain of truth.





Vampires? well, there are numerous books about ,,vampires'' that feed with energy of other people. These ,,vampires'' are actually people that have no idea what they are doing, and they are called Energy Vampires. ,,Energy vampire'' people tend to leave others around them drained, tired and
lethargic. No matter what you say, they always seem to find a way to
counter with a negative opinion. When they face a problem, they soak
themselves in the issue rather than deal with it constructively. They
adopt a self-victimizing mindset, complaining about whatever happens. Even when you try to change the topic to something positive, they
have a way to turn it into something negative. They are constantly
fixated with the doom and gloom of (their) life.
Everything is black; there is no white. In the event there is some
element of positivity that enters their spectrum, they are quick to
excuse that as a one-off encounter or see the dark side behind that.
Energy vampires who are
not intentionally sucking your energy might be often people who are
complaining, who you love but they don not share your feelings, who speak a lot or who draw and require your attention all the
time.. etc You will easily detect them as you experience nervousness and fatigue while having an emotional contact with them. Blood is also a source of energy. Think of the animals that have been tortured before they have been eaten. The negative energy remains in the blood, and it can be bad for the person that eats it. If you saw the movie Avatar, remember how the people said a prayer and reassured the animal that needed to be killed, and finally, eaten? That's why people tried to imagine the vampires like this, bloodsuckers and dark. The same kind of energy dynamics exist on Earth as well. You find it a
lot in the "gangster" mentality on Earth. Someone being perceived as a
killing machine and striking fear into the hearts of everyone they see
is perceived as the goal, even if it means telling a lot of stupid lies,
which they don't mind telling, because they're dark to begin with!
What's funny is that you being terrified of this concept makes you a low
vibrational being's lunch. Just by fearing their existence...you feed
them!

Werewolves? There are many people that ,,feed'' with the full moon energy without knowing. This helps them become more creative, open to other things, etc. In fact a host of studies over the years have aimed at teasing out any
statistical connection between the moon — particularly the full moon
— and human biology or behavior. The majority of sound studies find no
connection, while some have proved inconclusive, and many that purported
to reveal connections turned out to involve flawed methods or have
never been reproduced. Reliable studies comparing the lunar phases to births, heart attacks,
deaths, suicides, violence, psychiatric hospital admissions and
epileptic seizures, among other things, have over and over again found
little or no connection. One possible indirect link: Before modern lighting, the light of a full
moon have kept people up at night, leading to sleep deprivation that
could have caused other psychological issues, according to one
hypothesis that awaits data support.

Slenderman? What is more likely is that this is a low vibrational energy wanting to
sound like the Devil. He/she/it wants to sound like this because it
just creates fear which is what these entitites eat for breakfast.

Ok, I'm going to stop now. Granted my experience is limited but it is
my experience with the spirit realm nonetheless.


Last edited by iInnocenzia on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH SO MANY GRAMMATIC MISTAKES)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://meanwhileinmyowndimension.tumblr.com/
Shayde
Watched


Posts : 254
Current Win Points : 133
Join date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 am

iInnocenzia wrote:

whoa, hold on a second there cowboy


Are there forces, or entities, out there who are demonic? Yes, and by
demonic I mean they vibrate at a very low level of vibration. Hatred,
malevolence, deceit, purely concentrated negativity. A demon kinda
breaks a threshold when it comes to the "negative" barrier and they do
exude this energy. Pure malevolence on fire is how I describe it.


Are there forces, or entites, out there who are angelic? Yes, and by
angelic I mean that are at a very high level of vibration. Generosity,
love, hope, peace, gratitude, purely concentrated positivity. Pure
benevolence with a side of warm apple pie is how I describe it.

You can't mistake the two when you come into contact with them,
at least on the astral plane! It is not like here where bad guys can
look good. It's as night and day as looking at someone and being able
to tell the color of their skin, except you can sense the vibration of
their soul. I've had contact with negative entities and there is
absolutely no masquerade when it comes to what they are. Same thing
with positive entitites. The negative entitites don't even seem to want
to come off as positive.

If you are a christian, then you surely got baptized, even if its
not necessary. When you are an infant, your parents take you to the
church, and the priest will make you stand or kneel in a huge pot, while
more water was poured on you.

To put it most simply, the power, effect, benefit, fruit, and purpose
of Baptism is to save. No one is baptized in order to become a prince,
but as the words say, to "be saved". To be saved, we know, is nothing
else than to be delivered from sin, death, and the devil and to enter
into the kingdom of Christ and live with him forever.


— Luther's Large Catechism, 1529

"Without opening the Sahasrara (7th chakra), God itself was a
myth, religion itself was a myth, all talk about divinity and spirits was a myth.
People believed in it but it was just a belief. Now if the will of God
is so important, it has to be proved. Now through Sahaja Yoga, after the
breaking of the Sahasrara, you have now, for the first time, felt the
will of God, which is such an important thing. Now the will of God you
are feeling on your finger tips. After realisation, you have discovered
the absolute science which is the will of God."
The Paraclete Shri Mataji
This procedure normaly closes your seventh chakra. Without it, you can not see entities, its like being ,,trapped'' in a different dimension where entities don't exist, for you. Think about it, a world full of people that see everyday SlenderMan, The Rake, werewolves, vampires, ect. It would be a huge disaster. Its like a protection. They exist, somewhere, in a parallel dimension, around us, but we can not see them, feel them, hear them,
Also, vampires, werewolves & SlenderMan are just a legend, pal.





But as Michael Scott said, At the heart of every legend there is a grain of truth.





Vampires? well, there are numerous books about ,,vampires'' that feed with energy of other people. These ,,vampires'' are actually people that have no idea what they are doing, and they are called Energy Vampires. ,,Energy vampire'' people tend to leave others around them drained, tired and
lethargic. No matter what you say, they always seem to find a way to
counter with a negative opinion. When they face a problem, they soak
themselves in the issue rather than deal with it constructively. They
adopt a self-victimizing mindset, complaining about whatever happens. Even when you try to change the topic to something positive, they
have a way to turn it into something negative. They are constantly
fixated with the doom and gloom of (their) life.
Everything is black; there is no white. In the event there is some
element of positivity that enters their spectrum, they are quick to
excuse that as a one-off encounter or see the dark side behind that.
Energy vampires who are
not intentionally sucking your energy might be often people who are
complaining, who you love but they don not share your feelings, who speak a lot or who draw and require your attention all the
time.. etc You will easily detect them as you experience nervousness and fatigue while having an emotional contact with them. Blood is also a source of energy. Think of the animals that have been tortured before they have been eaten. The negative energy remains in the blood, and it can be bad for the person that eats it. If you saw the movie Avatar, remember how the people said a prayer and reassured the animal that needed to be killed, and finally, eaten? That's why people tried to imagine the vampires like this, bloodsuckers and dark. The same kind of energy dynamics exist on Earth as well. You find it a
lot in the "gangster" mentality on Earth. Someone being perceived as a
killing machine and striking fear into the hearts of everyone they see
is perceived as the goal, even if it means telling a lot of stupid lies,
which they don't mind telling, because they're dark to begin with!
What's funny is that you being terrified of this concept makes you a low
vibrational being's lunch. Just by fearing their existence...you feed
them!

Werewolves? There are many people that ,,feed'' with the full moon energy without knowing. This helps them become more creative, open to other things, etc. In fact a host of studies over the years have aimed at teasing out any
statistical connection between the moon — particularly the full moon
— and human biology or behavior. The majority of sound studies find no
connection, while some have proved inconclusive, and many that purported
to reveal connections turned out to involve flawed methods or have
never been reproduced. Reliable studies comparing the lunar phases to births, heart attacks,
deaths, suicides, violence, psychiatric hospital admissions and
epileptic seizures, among other things, have over and over again found
little or no connection. One possible indirect link: Before modern lighting, the light of a full
moon have kept people up at night, leading to sleep deprivation that
could have caused other psychological issues, according to one
hypothesis that awaits data support.

Slenderman? What is more likely is that this is a low vibrational energy wanting to
sound like the Devil. He/she/it wants to sound like this because it
just creates fear which is what these entitites eat for breakfast.

Ok, I'm going to stop now. Granted my experience is limited but it is
my experience with the spirit realm nonetheless.

Well, you're making some mighty assumptions there. First, you presume Slender Man is an understandable being, even in a sense of mysticism. He isn't. Because he is a fabrication, in a large mythos expansing story built up over time. He is a horror story, brought to life by people from around the globe.

Secondly, you're spiritual beliefs are rather intriguing, and seem kind of strange to me with my own understanding of these sorts of things. From what I know, not all Christians are baptized, depending instead in which kind of Church they subscribe to, as many do different variants of baptism. There also seems to be an assumption here that its Christianity or bust. What about other religions, such as Islam, Buddhism, or Shintoism? Where would they fit into the picture? Also you make use of Chakra with a Christian image, when it instead is strongly routed into Buddhist and Hinduism schools of belief. And charkras aren't actually numbered, or there is a disagreement with numbers, which is a problem. You have to be careful about how you're using them also, and whether you're using western interpretations and bastardizations from colonial times and whether these concepts have been culturally appropriated to fit this view. You're drawing from some very clashing sets of imagery here, that doesn't mesh together well.

Vampires and Warewolves. These are likely much more literal and straightforward than you think. Vampire mythology can be drawn all the way back to Cain and Lilith in the Bible, but many Iron Age societies, such as the Greeks and Romans had their own variants on vampire myths. The ones western society is more used to however comes from Europe during the time of Vlad Țepeș, also known as Vlad the Impaler, or Dracula (literally 'Son of the Dragon', named after his father Dracul, who was a member of the Order of the Dragon). He was known for his cruelty, especially in his campaigns against the Ottoman Empire, and his fondness of impaling people. Because of this, stories circulated about the various activities he partook in, particularly those surrounding blood or feasting on his enemies. They were sometimes done as smear campaigns from his enemies at home and abroad, as well as from survivors of his attacks. These latter get picked up by Bram Stroker a few hundred years in the future, and with some twists, the vampire legends are reborn. Whilst, yes, there are people who have a negative, almost draining impact on people, it is unlikely they are vampires in any typical sense of the word. Vampires, even in older mythologies normally fill a specific set of criteria before they are classed as such. I wouldn't describe them that way at least. There are also other causes and problems underlying you're description which would be less about sucking life-force, then it would be about problems of self, and self-image of the offending people.

And I like you're warewolf idea. Neat spin on it. I have always seen the warewolves though as more of a motif for losing touch with humanity, and turning to ones darker, beastly side. Especially considering when the first modern warewolf stories were conceived, it'd have been very much against social norms to act out on beastly desires, instead of being proper and civilized. It could be seen as a much more wild take on a Jekyll and Hyde like idea. Warewolves have no real connection to creativity, but destruction. The act of losing ones self and submitting to primal urges, before becoming human again and seeing what you have wrought. It could also stem from Romulus and Remus and the founding of Rome, but my warewolf knowledge is a little shaky, so I won't make parallels there.

And as for Slender Man. Well, he's just another story, that thinks it's important enough to be talked about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellsifer
Untainted


Posts : 2
Current Win Points : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 25
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:04 am

It was my understanding that Tulpa is a concept pertaining to Tibetan Buddhism, more specifically the idea of a "thought-form". With the premise being the combined mental energies of believers coupled with specific Tibetan symbols would cause the idea to become reality. There was even supposedly a record instance where 30 Buddhist priests or whatnot focused for a few weeks or so and brought into existence a golem.

That being said, I'm not a supporter of The Tulpa Effect myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:06 am

Hellsifer wrote:
It was my understanding that Tulpa is a concept pertaining to Tibetan Buddhism, more specifically the idea of a "thought-form". With the premise being the combined mental energies of believers coupled with specific Tibetan symbols would cause the idea to become reality. There was even supposedly a record instance where 30 Buddhist priests or whatnot focused for a few weeks or so and brought into existence a golem.

That being said, I'm not a supporter of The Tulpa Effect myself.
That's directly from the Supernatural episode with the Tulpa, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellsifer
Untainted


Posts : 2
Current Win Points : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 25
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 am

Zander wrote:
Hellsifer wrote:
It was my understanding that Tulpa is a concept pertaining to Tibetan Buddhism, more specifically the idea of a "thought-form". With the premise being the combined mental energies of believers coupled with specific Tibetan symbols would cause the idea to become reality. There was even supposedly a record instance where 30 Buddhist priests or whatnot focused for a few weeks or so and brought into existence a golem.

That being said, I'm not a supporter of The Tulpa Effect myself.
That's directly from the Supernatural episode with the Tulpa, isn't it?

Damn straight it is. One of the best shows on television. However, that doesn't change the fact that that is a near exact textbook definition of a a Tulpa. Which is why the Tulpa Effect argument could potentially hold water, so to speak.

And, that story about the priests? I looked it up, even though it's referenced in a fictional tv show, it's still a legit thing. It actually happened. supposedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZackFaire13
Untainted


Posts : 3
Current Win Points : 0
Join date : 2013-02-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:53 am

I think what makes people apply the tulpa affect so strongly to Slendy is the unique circumstances of his creation. The Grudge, for example, was made by one mind. Slendy started out as two pictures and some quotes, and has exploded into a full mythos. The creative energies of thousands of people makes something like the tulpa effect seem more likely than that of one person.
Not that I believe that it's possible.


Last edited by ZackFaire13 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meri
Untainted


Posts : 8
Current Win Points : 2
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 am

My mother was an energy vampire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etreo
Runner


Posts : 958
Current Win Points : 260
Join date : 2012-10-27
Age : 19
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 pm

This thread was about 4 months old, please refrain from necroing threads, and please don't contribute to them Meri.

MOD EDIT: Topic Locked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Slender Man Reality   Today at 9:26 am

Back to top Go down
 
Slender Man Reality
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man General Discussion :: Mythos Discussion-
Jump to: