Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff



 
HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 
 

 Tim aint Masky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheVman22
Untainted


Posts : 32
Current Win Points : -7
Join date : 2011-01-15

PostSubject: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 pm

I dont think Tim is masky, why you ask? Look at the interview with him, notice anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erratic
Observer


Posts : 107
Current Win Points : 66
Join date : 2011-01-12
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:52 pm

No....?

The sideburns don't lie, not to me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:54 pm

In reply, I direct you to past footage where he has worn the jacket inside Alex's house, where they were going over script. That's Tim's jacket.

However, it's true he might not have the jacket anymore, which is what I suppose you're trying to get at. >_> But let's keep in mind that the interview was supposed to take place in summer. It's perfectly normal for him not to be wearing it.

Sure as hell looks like Tim, though. I guess it could be some unknown guy who's just following Jay for teh lulz.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Also, a point I don't see mentioned much, if you turn up the volume on Entry #20, you can hear slight distortions whenever the camera is around Tim.
Plus, pills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
QhaoticZombie
Watched


Posts : 286
Current Win Points : 152
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 25
Location : past the event horizon

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm

I forget, was it someone on here who said those pills Jay found might be seizure meds? Since, y'know, when Masky first showed up, he was twitching and convulsing on the floor after he tackled Jay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://qhaoticzombie.deviantart.com
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:51 pm

...Where are the valid points to back up your argument?

For me and others, sideburns don't lie. Masky has distortion around him, as does Tim. And pills..?

Just not really seeing where you're going with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taylortexas
Untainted


Posts : 40
Current Win Points : 10
Join date : 2010-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:53 pm

At this point, I don't see how it could be anyone but Tim. They've made it (intentionally, I believe) very obvious. Now, I know the masked monster on Scooby-Doo was never the one who seemed most likely, but this is much different. I thought they were building up to a big suspenseful reveal when Masky's identity was first questioned. I was halfway wrong, I think. The big reveal won't be Masky's identity, but his motives. Why would Tim be doing this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 pm

taylortexas wrote:
At this point, I don't see how it could be anyone but Tim. They've made it (intentionally, I believe) very obvious. Now, I know the masked monster on Scooby-Doo was never the one who seemed most likely, but this is much different. I thought they were building up to a big suspenseful reveal when Masky's identity was first questioned. I was halfway wrong, I think. The big reveal won't be Masky's identity, but his motives. Why would Tim be doing this?
Tim = Proxy. Thus, he follows The Operator's orders. Why he does it is like asking why Slendy's stalking Alex and Jay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Zander wrote:
taylortexas wrote:
At this point, I don't see how it could be anyone but Tim. They've made it (intentionally, I believe) very obvious. Now, I know the masked monster on Scooby-Doo was never the one who seemed most likely, but this is much different. I thought they were building up to a big suspenseful reveal when Masky's identity was first questioned. I was halfway wrong, I think. The big reveal won't be Masky's identity, but his motives. Why would Tim be doing this?
Tim = Proxy. Thus, he follows The Operator's orders. Why he does it is like asking why Slendy's stalking Alex and Jay.

Except MH doesn't follow the same rules as the rest of the Mythos. I doubt either of the creators have ever heard the word "proxy" in relation to Slender Man, as they've admitted to not following any other ARGs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Omega wrote:
Zander wrote:
taylortexas wrote:
At this point, I don't see how it could be anyone but Tim. They've made it (intentionally, I believe) very obvious. Now, I know the masked monster on Scooby-Doo was never the one who seemed most likely, but this is much different. I thought they were building up to a big suspenseful reveal when Masky's identity was first questioned. I was halfway wrong, I think. The big reveal won't be Masky's identity, but his motives. Why would Tim be doing this?
Tim = Proxy. Thus, he follows The Operator's orders. Why he does it is like asking why Slendy's stalking Alex and Jay.

Except MH doesn't follow the same rules as the rest of the Mythos. I doubt either of the creators have ever heard the word "proxy" in relation to Slender Man, as they've admitted to not following any other ARGs.
Yeah, but they pretty much started the Slendy-craze in the first place. People just expanded on what they started. MH is the forerunner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broeckchen
Observer


Posts : 179
Current Win Points : 176
Join date : 2011-01-18
Age : 27
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:05 pm

The jacket, the hair, the sideburns... it all matches. Additionally, Masky appears after Tim has learned about Jay having the footage. So - I disagree with you, Vman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
WhiteWolf
Observer


Posts : 132
Current Win Points : 61
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 29
Location : Washington

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

TheVman22 wrote:
I dont think Tim is masky, why you ask? Look at the interview with him, notice anything?

Any self respecting debater would have facts to back up their statements. Why don't you BOTHER explaining your point instead of making us guess at what you're trying to say? So far I think you're just failing at trolling! Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted


Posts : 47
Current Win Points : 33
Join date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Omega wrote:

Except MH doesn't follow the same rules as the rest of the Mythos.

Most vlogs only follow their own rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:
TheVman22 wrote:
I dont think Tim is masky, why you ask? Look at the interview with him, notice anything?

Any self respecting debater would have facts to back up their statements. Why don't you BOTHER explaining your point instead of making us guess at what you're trying to say? So far I think you're just failing at trolling! Mad
WhiteWolf, don't be rude deary. It'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Even so, there's never been any indication in MH that they use the same proxy concept as everyone else. The guy who really started the idea of Slendy having brainwashed servants was M. All the proxy ideas have come from what people have guessed Masky's motives to be, not what they actually are, since we don't have any way to know them for sure right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:11 pm

See, about that. As I said, MH was the forerunner, and a lot of what
spawned from MH inspiration branched off and created the modern Mythos
of what everyone follows now.

Omega wrote:
The guy who really started the idea of Slendy having brainwashed servants was M. All the proxy ideas have come from what people have guessed Masky's motives to be, not what they actually are, since we don't have any way to know them for sure right now.

Any proof of that?

And yes, you have a point. No one knows Masky's real motives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteWolf
Observer


Posts : 132
Current Win Points : 61
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 29
Location : Washington

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Zander wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
TheVman22 wrote:
I dont think Tim is masky, why you ask? Look at the interview with him, notice anything?

Any self respecting debater would have facts to back up their statements. Why don't you BOTHER explaining your point instead of making us guess at what you're trying to say? So far I think you're just failing at trolling! Mad
WhiteWolf, don't be rude deary. It'll be okay.

Sorry, it's just really frustrating that he doesn't at least TRY to explain his point. I'm an English major, and that one of the first things you have to learn when you write. He's probably just laughing at all of us from his computer desk because we can't figure out his oh-so 'clever' point, as if we're the dumb ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuciaInFurs
Anxious


Posts : 80
Current Win Points : 53
Join date : 2010-12-14
Age : 25
Location : Britain

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm

TheVman22 wrote:
I dont think Tim is masky, why you ask? Look at the interview with him, notice anything?

No evidence clearly given, no argument made, no attempt at reasoning.

0 marks, see me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.luciainfurs.wordpress.com
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:
Zander wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
TheVman22 wrote:
I dont think Tim is masky, why you ask? Look at the interview with him, notice anything?

Any self respecting debater would have facts to back up their statements. Why don't you BOTHER explaining your point instead of making us guess at what you're trying to say? So far I think you're just failing at trolling! Mad
WhiteWolf, don't be rude deary. It'll be okay.

Sorry, it's just really frustrating that he doesn't at least TRY to explain his point. I'm an English major, and that one of the first things you have to learn when you write. He's probably just laughing at all of us from his computer desk because we can't figure out his oh-so 'clever' point, as if we're the dumb ones.
Again, I say don't be rude. Not everyone has the knowledge backing up what they want to post...

I thought my post had covered it discreetly. You don't now if he's being sincere or trolling though, so don't jump to conclusions. ._.; *Not being rude*

And Lucia, that's basically what we're getting at. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted


Posts : 47
Current Win Points : 33
Join date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:
Zander wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
TheVman22 wrote:
I dont think Tim is masky, why you ask? Look at the interview with him, notice anything?

Any self respecting debater would have facts to back up their statements. Why don't you BOTHER explaining your point instead of making us guess at what you're trying to say? So far I think you're just failing at trolling! Mad
WhiteWolf, don't be rude deary. It'll be okay.

Sorry, it's just really frustrating that he doesn't at least TRY to explain his point. I'm an English major, and that one of the first things you have to learn when you write. He's probably just laughing at all of us from his computer desk because we can't figure out his oh-so 'clever' point, as if we're the dumb ones.

SERIOUS BUSINESS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Zander wrote:
You don't now if he's being sincere or trolling though

*remembers the first thing he learned in Internetz 101: "Don't Feed the Trolls"*
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Zander wrote:
Omega wrote:
The guy who really started the idea of Slendy having brainwashed servants was M. All the proxy ideas have come from what people have guessed Masky's motives to be, not what they actually are, since we don't have any way to know them for sure right now.

Any proof of that?

YOU DARE QUESTION I, THE GREAT OMEGA?!?!!?! Evil or Very Mad
SOMEONE GET ME LIGHTNING TO SMITE THIS HERETIC WITH!

If you look at blogs that came before, or were active during, Tutorial's run, they tend to lack what we consider proxies. Just Another Fool, Dreams in Darkness, In My Head, and Lost Time, to name a few of those, all lack any proxy interaction. Seeking Truth has Conaghan, who became the archetype for agents, but that really isn't a Masky style character. The closest was Cold Feelings, where the last few posts had crazy binary code and pictures of a dude in a Masky style mask.

The point where we start seeing proxies become more prominent in the Mythos is after M introduced and defined the term "Hallowed". With that, people were given a clear cut outline which they could use to create minions of Slender, and they took advantage of it. Since many of M's explanations of concepts in the Mythos are centered around what happens in MH, his Hallowed are closer to Masky/totheark than to the SA cultist characters. When combined with the already strong influence MH has, it pretty much cemented his definition of proxies for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout


Posts : 563
Current Win Points : 488
Join date : 2010-12-28
Age : 25
Location : Now I am everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Hmm...y'know, I'm pretty sure that Masky is played by Tim. Of course, that could just be because they're short on cast members and Tim was like "sure, I'll play him." It's possible that Masky is a completely separate person in-story.

But it's unlikely.

However, there is some evidence for this. If Tim was Masky, Tim would probably TACKLE FUCKING EVERYTHING.


Last edited by DaLadybugMan on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT FUCKING EVERYTHING!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Also: "ain't" is not a word. It should not be a word. And if you tell me that's a word, you get no winpoints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Omega wrote:
Zander wrote:
Omega wrote:
The guy who really started the idea of Slendy having brainwashed servants was M. All the proxy ideas have come from what people have guessed Masky's motives to be, not what they actually are, since we don't have any way to know them for sure right now.

Any proof of that?

YOU DARE QUESTION I, THE GREAT OMEGA?!?!!?! Evil or Very Mad
SOMEONE GET ME LIGHTNING TO SMITE THIS HERETIC WITH!

If you look at blogs that came before, or were active during, Tutorial's run, they tend to lack what we consider proxies. Just Another Fool, Dreams in Darkness, In My Head, and Lost Time, to name a few of those, all lack any proxy interaction. Seeking Truth has Conaghan, who became the archetype for agents, but that really isn't a Masky style character. The closest was Cold Feelings, where the last few posts had crazy binary code and pictures of a dude in a Masky style mask.

The point where we start seeing proxies become more prominent in the Mythos is after M introduced and defined the term "Hallowed". With that, people were given a clear cut outline which they could use to create minions of Slender, and they took advantage of it. Since many of M's explanations of concepts in the Mythos are centered around what happens in MH, his Hallowed are closer to Masky/totheark than to the SA cultist characters. When combined with the already strong influence MH has, it pretty much cemented his definition of proxies for a very long time.

Thank you. I appreciate that. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tim aint Masky   Today at 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Tim aint Masky
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Finished Series :: Marble Hornets-
Jump to: