Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

A concern of mine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:27 am

Currently, I have found the means and have a good idea to make a Slender Vlog. I could do some interesting and different things and have a compelling story.

The only problem is that I have found that there is a HUGE number of currently running Slender Vlogs. Even if I were to start a new one with a different formula, I still feel I would just be adding unnecessarily more to a heavily crowded type of series. The question here is: Do I get my friends together and begin this series anyhow, or should I look to do something different or not at all?

I would like to hear your feedback.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SunshineShadows
Anxious

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:32 am

Do it! It's so much fun just to shoot.

Even with all the currently running Slender vlogs, it's still a popular and sought after genre/type of series on youtube. If you're able to make one with such a compelling story and get loads of subscribers that's great, but it's also nice to have a series with a close-knit web of subscribers who all care deeply for your character(s).

In the end, I don't think it's just about what the audience thinks about it, I think it's about having fun with your friends, and being proud of something you're doing. Having an audience just means you get to share the story you've created with other people. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:42 am

I understand that. I know it would be fun and all and I was ready to do it. I've just always been concerned with adding too much to a genre, especially if we could also have fun with a non-Slenderman related project.

Well, I have a story to write out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SadDevil
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:46 am

Heck, it's fun even without a crew. I've done TWO series entirely alone. As long as editing isn't frustrating to you, everything should be fun Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KriptsTale
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:52 am

SadDevil wrote:
Heck, it's fun even without a crew. I've done TWO series entirely alone. As long as editing isn't frustrating to you, everything should be fun Razz

I'd prefer a crew. I can do A LOT more with a crew.

Now, I just need an editing tool that doesn't suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malus
Taken

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:54 am

You could always do a vlog within the Fear Mythos setting. We don't have a lot of vlogs set within it, so you would technically be adding something new. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:56 am

Malus wrote:
You could always do a vlog within the Fear Mythos setting. We don't have a lot of vlogs set within it, so you would technically be adding something new. Razz

I've thought about it, but I don't think I as a writer or actor is ready to tackle those areas.

Yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFallenenvoy
Watched

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Malus wrote:

I would do anything to have the budget to do a decent one.
seriously...most of the fears are harder to portray than slendy xD

but more on topic: dont be afraid to make one. I'm on my second vlog and I still enjoy it.
just be aware that you wont get too much veiwership, as a "Fifth Generation" slendervlog. (but it should be about the story and not the figures so fuq da polis)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Well, if I go Fear Mythos, as I now want to, I guess I'll be a "First Generation" Fear Vlog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingxana0
Observer

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:44 pm

Yeah. When you think about it there is such an untapped potential with Fear Mythos blogs it is crazy. Plus a few would be cheaper to produce then a Slender vlog. Like Archangel, just say someone died and bam Archangel as them totally messing with you. If you would like a writer to help you out I would be more then willing to help out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Any writing help is appreciated, although I already have an idea for the basic story, but not all of the details. If you're interested in helping, PM me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFallenenvoy
Watched

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Actually, now you mention it...for the archangel, gasmasks are surprisingly cheap and I want a vlog to use him.

Go forth and set the world on fire, my child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lumine
Observer

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:54 pm

TheMysteriousLee wrote:
SadDevil wrote:

A crew that is not paid and merely a group of friends is a lot more frustrating than you'll believe. Having to work around their schedules, needs, and ectera.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/roballencomber
SunshineShadows
Anxious

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Lumine wrote:
TheMysteriousLee wrote:
SadDevil wrote:

A crew that is not paid and merely a group of friends is a lot more frustrating than you'll believe. Having to work around their schedules, needs, and ectera.

It can be, especially when you go the route I did and basically just right down a few key points and improvise the rest. The most frustrating part for me has been..well, there was an issue with file sizes. I think it depends on who you are working with. My crew (my friend and boyfriend) both live with me, so it's not that hard to film when I decide to film because we all just drop what we're doing and shoot.

My advice would be to try solo for a while, or find a group of friends that have nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:22 am

Well, I can't go solo. My story doesn't begin like that. That's all I'm willing to give away.

EDIT: I also, even with great equipment, cannot get the same results as a cast. I also, thankfully, have a group of good actors. Well, decent, at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A concern of mine   Today at 12:28 am

Back to top Go down

A concern of mine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: