Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.

Go down 
+2
SunshineShadows
Krywk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krywk
Untainted
Krywk

Current Win Points : 1

Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. Empty
PostSubject: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello people, Krywk here.
I'll go straight to the point: I need lots of help.
First of all, the only thing I have now to start with is a camera. Just that.
I live in Argentina. I don't know, I just thought that might be important to point out.
I'm wanting to buy a chest-camera holder for capturing First-Person-Like videos.
Thing is, I don't know what I can use to make a Slenderman puppet. Nor what can I use to edit the videos when Slenderman appears on screen (distortion and the like).

So, to sum it up:

-I want to know what I can use to make a Slenderman puppet (scale).
-I want to know which software I can use to edit the videos for when Slenderman appears on screen (distortion of the image).

I appreciate any help.

-K.
Back to top Go down
SunshineShadows
Anxious
SunshineShadows

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:34 pm

For a Slender Man puppet, sometimes stores that are going out of business sell or give away their mannequins.

I have an actor, but right now he's just been edited into the videos.

Editing software is something I don't know about though, sorry xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
Krywk
Untainted
Krywk

PostSubject: Re: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:11 pm

SunshineShadows wrote:
For a Slender Man puppet, sometimes stores that are going out of business sell or give away their mannequins.

I have an actor, but right now he's just been edited into the videos.

Editing software is something I don't know about though, sorry xD

I just noticed something. I can easily model a Slenderman in 3DS MAX/Blender/Maya/etc. and edit it into the clip (CGI, not hard at all, and pretty fun too!). And since Slenderman has no face and is very simple, it's not going to take me much time.

Now I need to figure out how to edit the videos to give it a distortion effect (Marble Hornets-like) when Slenderman appears on screen.

Thanks for the help though. If my CGI idea doesn't work well, then I might try what you suggested.

-K.
Back to top Go down
SoulEatingBunny
Anxious
SoulEatingBunny

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:22 pm

For editing software, there is Sony Vegas (A lot of people prefer that, it's simple and quick) but I use Adobe After Effects (It is a lot more complicated than Vegas, but it has better filters and stuff. You can also use After Effects to edit Slendy in) For sound distortion, I rip the sound from the video and edit it in Audacity (Which is free to download) then I put the sound back onto the clip and wala, sound distortion. Vegas and After Effects both cost money, they are pretty expensive, too. I bet you could download them free somewhere, though.
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:34 pm

In nerd speak, sony vegas does global effects easily, and after effects does local AND global effects... Er in minor difficulty.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KriptsTale
Krywk
Untainted
Krywk

PostSubject: Re: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Audacity --> Downloaded and installed a long time ago, I use it to edit music. I guessed someone was going to come up with that. I was asking about the visual distortion, though.

I am trying to accomplish a visual distortion like the one in Marble Hornets (chroma key, flipping video, static, etc).

I'm using Linux, but I can manage to run AE or Sony Vegas.

Thanks for the help =)

-K.
Back to top Go down
hiphopdancer1000
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Wanting to make a Slenderman ARG   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi I really want to make a ARG with some friends... ANd I have a couple questions on some things

To preface I want to spend very very little money...

Okay I have a macbook that has the full adobe creative suite 5 on it. This includes sound booth, after effects, and photoshop. I do not have much experience in sound booth or after effects but a little in photoshop. And I have a video camera.

I want to know how to edit slenderman into my videos using one of the adobe programs. I also want to know how to distort sound and do some of the distorted video effects too. Also any general tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!!
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:07 pm

MOD EDIT: Topics merged because they're essentially the same.

Please browse other topics for what you're looking for before starting a new one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.   Just starting, I am alone, and needing help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just starting, I am alone, and needing help.
Page 1 of 1