Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SunshineShadows
Anxious

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:04 pm

So I've been having this separate project follow my vlog (ShadowsInTheSunlight) and they've been mailing me to advertise their project. I was apprehensive (still am, a bit) but they just want me to show their logo for a split second.

I had a way I could possibly incorporate it, but before I go out an film this, I would really like to know more about this project. Have any of you recieved similar requests?

This is their youtube channel: [Click here]

*I apologize if this is in the wrong forum or anything. I wasn't entirely sure where to put this....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.magickalnerd.tumblr.com
BananaBrains
Taken

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Ew, no. Your profitless Slenderseries, that I'm assuming is a labor of love, is no place to pimp out their book. I think it's really fucking obnoxious of them to even ask. I, at least, would not do this.

(I personally would block them from sending me any more messages, but I'm just really skeeved out by this whole scenario.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SunshineShadows
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:37 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
Ew, no. Your profitless Slenderseries, that I'm assuming is a labor of love, is no place to pimp out their book. I think it's really fucking obnoxious of them to even ask. I, at least, would not do this.

(I personally would block them from sending me any more messages, but I'm just really skeeved out by this whole scenario.)

Thank you for the advice. Yeah, this entire thing was making me a bit uncomfortable, as it is my series.

I took your advice, thank you!
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm

No problem, I feel like it's unethical for them to even try to use this as an advertising tactic in the first place. You didn't mention it before, but were they even trying to offer you anything in return? I mean, I looked at the channel and it's not actually any kind of series, that channel solely exists to promote this book they're trying to sell. Trying to get other channels to do their work for them is just not practical, unless they felt they could get away with taking advantage of you and your channel like that.

I noticed on their feed that they also liked a Melanchandria video, I know that series is put together by another SN user. I'd suggest if they approach anyone else to just block them, or not to respond in any way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SunshineShadows
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:07 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
No problem, I feel like it's unethical for them to even try to use this as an advertising tactic in the first place. You didn't mention it before, but were they even trying to offer you anything in return? I mean, I looked at the channel and it's not actually any kind of series, that channel solely exists to promote this book they're trying to sell. Trying to get other channels to do their work for them is just not practical, unless they felt they could get away with taking advantage of you and your channel like that.

I noticed on their feed that they also liked a Melanchandria video, I know that series is put together by another SN user. I'd suggest if they approach anyone else to just block them, or not to respond in any way.

They did not offer me anything, no. That's also another reason the whole thing made me uncomfortable, a long with the fact I knew next to nothing about who they were, what they were trying to do, etc. The way they explained it made me think they were trying to bring together several blogs/vlogs or something. They knew quite a bit, so I think whoever runs it either has a contact on SN, or has an account on SN.

Back to top Go down
SoulEatingBunny
Anxious

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Ahh! I got the same messages also on Melanchandria! That little son of a hbenfgbr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Okay, I take part of what I said back: It doesn't look like they're profiting from this at all, the book is listed as free online in a few places. Doesn't really make the whole thing much better, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Well, I would ask her(SunshineShadows) for a vlog team up(when mine finally gets started), of course I wouldn't set the rules nor would I message multiple times. If anything, I would calaborate with her to find something that may be small, but could benefit both vlogs.

And if she said no, oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me   Today at 12:35 am

Back to top Go down

A question about a seperate vlog that's been mailing me
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: