Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zephyr_Mal
Untainted
Zephyr_Mal

Current Win Points : 5

Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing?   Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 pm

I've done this more than a few times. I'd finish something and be proud of it, then re-read it to get a feeling on how people would react to it. I'd finish reading, sit back, and think "Geez, what kind of twisted mind was able to think up something like this?"

"Oh, right. Me."
Back to top Go down
eudaemon
Untainted

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing?   Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 pm

I've done it a few times, usually it happens if I am really in synch with a character and 'in the moment'. I've had a few lines that I felt were really creepy and then later came back and felt a lot more 'meh' about them. I think its harder to be creeped out by situations you are writing about since you know all the changes that went into them, you get used to the actions or imagery.

I think its similar to people that work in haunted attractions, given the right lighting and noises and effects you can scare someone, maybe even yourself for a little bit, but knowing that Bob the janitor is actually the guy in the mask kinda kills the suspense.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing?   Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 pm

I think the reverse happens for me. I think of something that would creep me out, then write it out while I'm in that mindset.

I've come close to making myself cry, though.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
britaki
Anxious
britaki

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing?   Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 pm

I creep myself out a little sometimes but mostly I'll just feel emotionally drained after I write. Usually if I'm writing a fight or a death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing?   Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever creeped yourself out with your own writing?
Page 1 of 1