Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Realism in Blogs & Vlogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Realism in Blogs & Vlogs   Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 pm

I've seen conflicting opinions on this, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to get a few more.

What are your thoughts on realism (as in, say, bloggers blogging about things unrelated to the bigger story, etc.) in the 'verse? What will break your suspension of disbelief, and at what point does realism become tedious?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Slenderfreak
Anxious

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Realism in Blogs & Vlogs   Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:14 am

Oooh, good question. It depends. If the blogger starts out with regular everyday herp-derp, then it all dissolves into Slendy rants, then I'm fine. Likewise, if someone comments on their daily lives in a short anecdote or some other little, "Oh, btw this is going on too, I do have a non-Slenderman life", that's okay too, and even a break in the posts is ok with me, but when someone rambles or goes off-topic for too long, then I get annoyed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CuteWithoutThe
Watched

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Realism in Blogs & Vlogs   Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:16 am

I can care less for realistic expectations for blogs. I'm not writing conventional blogs, I'm writing stories with a blogging medium.

Whatever works best for the story. Whatever is the most entertaining. That's what I'm writing.

Realistic expectations for stories dealing with eldritch beasts is simply, ...quite unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DFW
Observer

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Realism in Blogs & Vlogs   Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:34 am

imo there is a really fine line on what could be considered "realistic" in blogs. For these you can really get away with most things, you just have to worry more about keeping your characters and their reactions to situations realistic. For vlogs there is probably less you can get away with simply for the fact that it can be harder to pull off certain things in a visual medium, but if it can be done well I don't think anything should be "off limits". Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realism in Blogs & Vlogs   Today at 8:41 am

Back to top Go down

Realism in Blogs & Vlogs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: