Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Been thinking of making a second blog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

Been thinking of making a second blog Empty
PostSubject: Been thinking of making a second blog   Been thinking of making a second blog EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 pm

I have my currently running Hit Man blog but I think I want to make a second from a Runner's point of view. Making getting picked up by the group currently at war with me. What do you guys think? Should I focus my attention more on a single project or split to make it bigger then it already is?
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking of making a second blog   Been thinking of making a second blog EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:27 am

Dude, do whatever you want. You don't need our permission, and we don't know how capable you'd be of doing it. You really don't need to ask us.

Whether or not you should is of absolutely no importance, since it's not like we can stop you or make you either way. If you really need help figuring out whether or not to go ahead with it, flip a coin. If you look at the result and go "okay, two out of three," it means you already know the answer.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking of making a second blog   Been thinking of making a second blog EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:
Dude, do whatever you want. You don't need our permission, and we don't know how capable you'd be of doing it. You really don't need to ask us.

Whether or not you should is of absolutely no importance, since it's not like we can stop you or make you either way. If you really need help figuring out whether or not to go ahead with it, flip a coin. If you look at the result and go "okay, two out of three," it means you already know the answer.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I was kind of asking how hard it would be to run two blogs at once instead of just one. I know I don't need permission and I wasn't asking for it.
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking of making a second blog   Been thinking of making a second blog EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 am

Running two blogs is just like running one blog, except twice.

Here's the thing: only you are capable of gauging whether you can run two blogs. How you run two blogs would be completely different than how I would run two blogs. Heck, I'm not even running two blogs, I'm running eleven. But that's me.

You are a completely different person. I don't know you. Only you know you. So, you have to ask: do you want to run two blogs?

If the answer is yes, then go ahead. If the answer is no, then don't. Either way, you have your answer.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking of making a second blog   Been thinking of making a second blog EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 am

There's....really nothing specific I can add to this, all the advice given here is solid. However, there was this:

DaLadybugMan wrote:
If you really need help figuring out whether or not to go ahead with it, flip a coin. If you look at the result and go "okay, two out of three," it means you already know the answer.

It is thoroughly refreshing to see that I am not alone in this line of thinking. I know so many people who think I'm crazy for doing this.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking of making a second blog   Been thinking of making a second blog EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Like alliterator said: we can't tell you how easy or difficult running two blogs is, just due to a variety of factors. One is how much work you're putting into them. If one of them is just sort of a side project, it's not as hard. But if you're going to be working on in-depth stories on both of them at the same time, it's a bit harder.

There are people who have only run one or two blogs (like the author of Seeking Truth and the Tutorial) for a long time. There are people who have made quite a few blogs, but they worked on them one after another (like the author of Dreams in Darkness, Deja vu Dreamer, Lake Reflections, Fear of a Blank Planet, and Neverending Marathon). Then there are people who work on multiple blogs at once (like the author of the Integration Tablet, Floccinaucihilipillification, The Knight-Errant, Three Chances, and more). All three can stretch you to your limits, and what's right for you depends on how prolific you can be.

Also, as a sort of aside, I know that a lot of people in the Fear Mythos tend to be rather prolific, but I think that they also tend to make shorter blogs, whereas Slenderverse writers tend to stretch projects from about six months to a year.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking of making a second blog   Been thinking of making a second blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Been thinking of making a second blog
Page 1 of 1