Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

who gives the best performance?

Go down 
+7
TheFallenenvoy
britaki
Fotzepolitic
AlphabeticWar
Cougar Draven
Hooligan Spirit
miketow123
11 posters
AuthorMessage
miketow123
Untainted
miketow123

Current Win Points : 0

who gives the best performance? Empty
PostSubject: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:21 pm

I know that args don't have the best reputation when it comes to acting and such, but who do you guys think gives the best performance in args?

for me:
Habit from everymanHYBRID. I have watched the Very Happy entry like eight times because I love HABIT so much. hes like joker, but 1000 years older! (I know that is not his actual age)
Back to top Go down
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 11:32 pm

My pick for best actor in a Slenderman series would be Michael/Patrick from MLAnderson0, hands down.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am

I think that overall Joseph DeLage and Tim Sutton are my favorite actors, because, well, let's face it, they've shown far, far much more range as actors than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
AlphabeticWar
Anxious
AlphabeticWar

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 pm

As silly as it sounds, I'd have to say Noah from TribeTwelve.

He seems more realistic. Maybe it's the swearing or the rage.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm pretty fucking awesome =)

But yeah, I'm-a give it to Tim too. Although his coughing used to be kinda rubbish.
Back to top Go down
britaki
Anxious
britaki

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:27 am

I'm bouncing back and forth between Evan/HABIT and Caught. Michael/Patrick is really good as well.

Pretty much anyone who can make me giggle on a regular basis I admire greatly.
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Me.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
Me.
Kyle pls.

In my opinion, Michael from MLAndersen and Tim from MH are probably my favorites as far as acting goes. Noah is also a very good character because he usually acts like I'd expect him to.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Anxious
Moose

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

[Noah can't act, in my honest opinion.]
[His lack of acting skills infuriates me.]
[Tim Sutton gets my vote for best actor. Either that, or whoever plays Evan.]
[In 'The Property' Vinnie didn't do too bad of a job acting but I didn't like his silence, despite how realistic it was.]

[As for visual performance, with graphics and editing?]
[Marble Hornets wins.]
[My friend says he thinks TribeTwelve has like... godtier visual effects, but everything is too animated for me.]
[When I watch T12, I think of one of those overly-realistic cartoons.]
[EMH isn't bad, but I don't like how much Slenderman... moves.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ragemoose.com
andywarski
Anxious
andywarski

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:12 pm

I'd say my favorite would be Tim Sutton from MH. A character I actually care about.
Back to top Go down
aGamingFish
Anxious
aGamingFish

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:02 am

All the characters from the big three series are good actors I think. Even though lots of people are always saying Noah from TribeTwelve is a really bad actor, I think he's just reacting to Slendy inhis own way. A really ragey(?) way. Honestly If I was Slender Man and Noah was in a bad mood, I would Stay Away bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GreyPixelFilms?feature=mhee
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 am

Adam is good at acting like Noah. I don't know whether that makes him a "good actor" or not. I tend to find it believable, but I also know that that's not too different from his natural state.

A "good actor" is someone who is believable no matter what form their insanity might be taking at that particular moment. Which definitely points toward Tim for sure, and probably Joseph.

Zander wrote:
Kyle pls.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 am

"Natural" acting is really different from traditional acting. I have two legit performance graduate types in my cast and they said there's a bunch of stuff that you're told not to do when you're improvising (because like fuck am I writing a script), and it was really weird stuff like correcting yourself or saying "err". i.e. things everyone does in real life.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

Nobody says goodbye on the phone on television. Real life is too unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 pm

They don't say goodbye, they don't pee, they don't shit.

But that's to do with economy of detail, and a lot of the reasons for that don't really apply when you're doing a Slendervlog, because you're not having to fit your script around a 22-minute slot or whatever. I mean, it still SORT OF applies, but then you have very canonical Slenderseries where a video will consist of two guys walking through a forest not talking to one another, so I guess the rules are officiall bent as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:25 pm

It used to bother me that Alex and Jay never said "goodbye" when they hung up, and then I realized that by the time they were using phones to communicate they basically hated each other, even if they hadn't figured it out.

Ah, yes, the Jack Bauer Power Squat. Yep.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Then there's the old standard "Mulder, it's me".

WHO IS IT, SCULLY? WHO THE FUCKING FUCK IS IT?!
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Basically it seems as though correctly showing basic human interaction on film or in print has become unreal. Which is just...bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who gives the best performance?   who gives the best performance? Empty

Back to top Go down

who gives the best performance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: