Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The History of "The Slender Man".

Go down 
+21
Atsuya01
SeaSwirl
DJKrabcakes
sethlapod555
maximeister
DarkShadows
Caedeus
Packfong
BananaBrains
tre.medlock
Etreo
level100nidoking
guitargodd97
tall man
Cougar Draven
britaki
Xilaya
The Slenderfreak
Ekaetriana
AlphabeticWar
Zander
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 am

Cougar Draven wrote:
"Badly photoshopped image" is the basis for 90% of the bullshit "lol slenderman is from germany/egypt/wherever" factually-challenged "legends" out there.

yeah well guess what? I HAVE A 100% UNPHOTOSHOPPED IMAGE OF SLENDY FROM OVER 200 YEARS AGO!

The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 9iapN
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:24 pm

level100nidoking wrote:

yeah well guess what? I HAVE A 100% UNPHOTOSHOPPED IMAGE OF SLENDY FROM OVER 200 YEARS AGO!

The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 9iapN

The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 Neil-degrasse-tyson-watch-out-badass-meme
Back to top Go down
guitargodd97
Anxious
guitargodd97

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Watch out, Etreo! He's in your image too!
The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 Uyp11
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HunterMusicAndTV
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Watch out, we got a Slendy over here!
Back to top Go down
tre.medlock
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am

Hello I am new here and already know quite a bit about slenderman but i just want to find some one who can help fill in the whole picture for me so I have questions if anyones willing to answer.
Back to top Go down
guitargodd97
Anxious
guitargodd97

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 am

You should introduce yourself in the introduction section. What's your question?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HunterMusicAndTV
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 am

I'm also going to point out that it's against the site rules to post in a thread that has been inactive for over 30 days, as this one had been. But I can answer your question to the best of my ability? It's what I'm here for, after all.
Back to top Go down
tre.medlock
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 am

Wow there's alot of rules but anyway I wanted to know if anyone knew where slenderman take his victims, what the general belief is here pertaining to if he is real or not. If anyone here believes in him, how they would kill him. Also i'm most curious about how he chooses his victims and what about his biological make-up makes camera's and electronics freak out.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am

A lot of the fear of the Slender Man is the fear of the unknown. We don't know where it takes its victims, we don't know why it makes electronics malfunction. That is up to each person to decide for themself. If you think you've got a good idea, then why not write it into a blog yourself to share it with everyone? Another major perk of this mythos is that there's not much by way of a set-in-stone canon for it, so anyone who chooses is allowed to contribute what they see fit to it.

As far as "if anyone believes in it": The Slender Man is decisively fictional. That's what the very first post in this thread details. Our very first rule (which you were meant to read upon signing up) is "do not post in-character". This includes posting anything to imply a possibility of the Slender Man being real. There is no chance of someone speaking up here who believes in an internet meme as an actual monster.

I hope this helped clear things up for you!
Back to top Go down
tre.medlock
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:52 am

Hmm, so then what is the point of this site, like what do you guy's discuss I've looked through some of the pages but mostly seen things about videos like marble hornets and such.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:55 am

That's exactly what we discuss! There are dozens, if not hundreds, of fictional blogs and video series about the Slender Man all over the internet. This site is for fans and creators of those to get together and discuss them with each other. If you have an interest in that, you're very welcome to stay and browse the many pages we have on these series, see what catches your eye and maybe gives you some ideas of your own :]
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm

I found this really cool breakdown of the woodcuts and hieroglyphs somebody made on DeviantArt:

http://fav.me/d5qtgs0
Back to top Go down
Caedeus
Anxious
Caedeus

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 pm

I've done plenty of research as well and what Zander posted is everything I know too. It's all there really IS to know, but of course, many people make their own speculations.

I have one moderate solution to the question as to why the Slender Man makes electronics fuck up:

If anyone's done any demonology studies, you will probably know of this thing called "Bio-electricity" or "Bioelectromagnetism" which is a real thing. It's supposedly found commonly in supernatural beings such as demons. Now, I'm NOT going into anyone's religious views, OR saying Slenderman's a demon. I am saying it's commonly found in Supernatural beings such as Demons and that that is where it's commonly found and heard of.

So my guess is that perhaps the Slender Man has an excessive amount of bio-electricity which can also fuck up brain-waves with enough intensity going through your mind.

This effect can cause massive headaches, pressure enough to cause nosebleeds and bleeding from the mouth due to the rupturing of veins in your head and neck region. Depending on how close or how much contact with Slenderman one has, it appears the worse headaches and illnesses can get.

BUT! I will add that this is just simply a theory of mine that I have deducted due to the fact I spend a LOT of time not just studying modern Mythos, but many many mythological creatures and making personal and slight scientific attempts to explain phenomenons that occur regarding them - though I still keep in mind how they are obviously merely myths.

^ It's a hobby of mine.

Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Packfong posted a similar theory to this, something along the lines of Slendy emitting a very minor electromagnetic pulse, which ducks up the electrics. The observatory logs that I'm writing are going to work along the same theory. A sci fi take on the mythos, if you will.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm

I'd like to add that all electricity, including bio-electricity, results from the flow of electrons. And all the energy from that flow creates heat.

Now think back to some of the older Slenderman Creepypastas and stories. There are some stories in which he's burned down schools and other buildings, and I believe even caused a forest fire (correct me if I'm wrong here) in one tale.

Now hear me out. If we take the theory of the Slenderman having bio-electricity flowing through him to be factual in-context, and we also accept that he can somehow start fires, then what if he can somehow use the bio-electricity to generate enough heat in order to light something ablaze?

Other theory on this is that he has an excess amount of phosphorous in his body, and that it can work somewhat like a matchhead if he strikes his hands, tendrils, fingers, etc. against an object with a suitibly rough surface. I wouldn't begin to know how he then puts the fire out - but I'd assume once there weren't enough oxygen to feed the fire it would go out as normal. Perhaps he can control that in some manner, or perhaps he relies on the smoke to do so. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Caedeus
Anxious
Caedeus

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:52 pm

DarkShadows wrote:
I'd like to add that all electricity, including bio-electricity, results from the flow of electrons. And all the energy from that flow creates heat.

Now think back to some of the older Slenderman Creepypastas and stories. There are some stories in which he's burned down schools and other buildings, and I believe even caused a forest fire (correct me if I'm wrong here) in one tale.

Now hear me out. If we take the theory of the Slenderman having bio-electricity flowing through him to be factual in-context, and we also accept that he can somehow start fires, then what if he can somehow use the bio-electricity to generate enough heat in order to light something ablaze?

Other theory on this is that he has an excess amount of phosphorous in his body, and that it can work somewhat like a matchhead if he strikes his hands, tendrils, fingers, etc. against an object with a suitibly rough surface. I wouldn't begin to know how he then puts the fire out - but I'd assume once there weren't enough oxygen to feed the fire it would go out as normal. Perhaps he can control that in some manner, or perhaps he relies on the smoke to do so. Just a thought.

No, this actually is very supportive of the theory and would make MORE than enough sense. Electrons bouncing around like that - maybe with a snap of some electricity he could more than EASILY start something ablaze. Which - doing so is apparently VERY common of Slender victims. So this theory actually might work and explain a lot of other things that were known to occure to Slendervictims.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Slenderman is a walking EMP with pyro kinetic abilities, he's from another world and he murders, disembowels and strings up kids? That just sound like a good time to me dragon-meets pies piper-meets Vlad the Impaler.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Oh hush, Etreo, theories don't have to make sense and this Mythos is built on Epileptic Trees. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
maximeister
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Hey guys,
this is my first post and i don`t know whether i revive this topic or i post this in the wrong topic but let me start.I`m a Slenderman Fan know and i started to search about the slenderman myth.When i searched on the internet i found a guy who visited the black forest in germany (I´m from germany too) and he said that he thinks the slenderman is from germany.I think every slenderman fan has seen the woodcut "Der Ritter".It is a german woodcut too.so the guy said that the blackforest is the right spot for the slenderman to live in, the black forest is a huge pine forest and mountain region.When i read the german wikipedia site about the blackforest to find anything that is connected to the slender myth i remembered that i read a book in the school which plays in the blackforest.
Its about a normal guy who works as a charcoal maker,who wants to be rich and famous. so he heard about a tiny man who lives in the forest.this guy gave him 3 wishes.The main character wasted 2 wishes,he got much money and he was famous but then he runs out of money.So he went to the wood to look for another guy the "Holländer-Michel"(I`m sorry theres no translation for this name) he is a man who is described as an unnaturally large man.he also has the ability to increase his arm and leg lenght.He also can fulfill wishes but everyone who wants to have whishes from him has to give him his heart. I think that he is like slenderman he also normally just appears and disappears in the forest.
It is a novel by the german author Wilhelm Hauff.It is actually a fable,but everyone knows that the core of a fable is a true story.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Are you... Posting in character? I can't tell, but if you are, please try not to, it is one of the rules. This is the part where I put my hads on my hips, raise my eyebrows and say "Oh you!".
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:11 pm

maximeister wrote:
It is actually a fable,but everyone knows that the core of a fable is a true story.

Please read the very first post on this topic. Slender Man isn't real, he's simply a creation from the internet. If you would like to put your post into your own creation you could make a trailhead here for it, but please don't post in character, if it is what you're doing.

Also, please make a Welcome thread in the SN Community section to introduce yourself, so the rest of the users can say hello. Happy foruming!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
DJKrabcakes
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 pm

just a question that I never got answered,
do the symptoms of slender sickness all happen in uniform (ex.you get nose bleeds and fever before coughing) or are they random. Also does the cough start small and get worse over time or does it just show up. If you know a bit more about this than I do than it will be appreciated.
I thought this might fit here but if not, I'm new here

Last edited by DJKrabcakes on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeaSwirl
Untainted
SeaSwirl

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:37 pm

DJKrabcakes wrote:
do the symptoms of slender sickness all happen in uniform (ex.you get nose bleeds and fever before coughing) or are they random. Also does the cough start small and get worse over time or does it just show up. If you know a bit more about this than I do than it will be appreciated.
Well it mostly happens at random. Also, you should make a introduction thread so you won't go as invisible or anything and we could all welcome you.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 am

SeaSwirl wrote:
DJKrabcakes wrote:

Well it mostly happens at random. Also, you should make a introduction thread so you won't go as invisible or anything and we could all welcome you.

While most of the time it does happen at random, some symptoms seem to stay with some people, such as Tim from Marble Hornets. He always has a cough, or maybe he was just sick or the cough came from his smoking.

Also, yes, you should make a Welcome thread in the SN Community subforum to introduce yourself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Atsuya01
Untainted
Atsuya01

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:18 am

I agree with sethlapod, they do seem to happen at random.

But I'd like to add that I think the symptons usually get more and more worse, the longer that slenderman has been in your life.

Atleast it looks that way in some series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The History of "The Slender Man".   The History of "The Slender Man". - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The History of "The Slender Man".
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next