So I was thinking of types of Entries from the Slender Verse... and this is what I got so far. (These can be combined in any which way. And of course, I don't have every type of entry, just what I can think of for now. Add any if you think of em')The "Normal" Entry
- The characters are unaware that anything is going on. Usually an entry near the beginning of a series to develop character and context. This can be with the main protagonist alone at his/her home, filming something else depending on what the channel was originally for, hanging out with friend(s), vlogging... etc. These entries can either
1: be completely normal
2: Have some sort have camera issue
3: Show Slenderman within' the video (fully, slightly hidden or hard to see) without the characters knowledge. (Though typically the character will cough, feel weird or something along those lines. Sometimes they will be not be phased at all.)The "Something Happened" Entry
- The character does not know something or someone is following him/her but they have been experiencing weird events. This can include weird noises, seeing something on a past tape, someone went missing, paranormal experiences have happened, someone is messing with them, they feel very sick... etc.The "Clue" Entry
- The character has found a clue and is either trying to solve the clue, or just explaining what the clue is to the audience. The clue can be very cryptic by not have the full information needed to solve anything at the current moment or have a lead that will move the characters progress forward.
This can be in done in different ways.
1: Receiving as mysterious package, letter or email. Either unboxing/reading it in the same entry, or saving it for a future entry to add suspense.
2: Finding something somewhere during exploration.
3: Watching a video response.
4:Etc.The "Exploration" Entry
- The character has somewhere to go and explore and they are taking you along for the ride. These entries can be very creepy especially if the character is out at night with just a flashlight. These can also be combined with "The Normal Entry" if the character is still unaware of the current nature of the situation. These can take place in forests, houses, abandoned buildings, unsettling locations, streets, ally ways, etc...
The reasons for these entries can include:
1: Just walking for no BIG reason such as: nature walk, hanging out with friends, curious about a certain location, etc...
2: Looking for a clue or person. The character has reason to believe that the location they are exploring might lead to something or someone they need.
3: Something strange is going on. The character has reason to believe something involving their current situation has to do with the location they are searching.
4:They woke up somewhere strange and need to find a way to get out... or curiosity gets to them and they want to explore.
These types of entries usually hold great places for a Slenderman sighting ,proxy attack or creepy events because of the suspense. Suspense can be increased with darkness (Only flashlight), fog, noises, camera/audio problems, disturbing visuals, jump scares, etc.The "Someone Dies" Entry
- A character from the series (or newly introduced) dies. They are either found dead or die during the entry. They can also go missing and it is implied that they are dead which the character finds out from another source. The killer can be Slenderman, proxy, another character or it can be an accident. This (usually) will affect the main characters in a negative way by making them sad or go crazy. The death can be also used to inspire a character to dwelve deeper into the situation for revenge or to know what happened before it happens to them or their loved ones. It can also do the oppisite and make the characters feel afraid and not want to look into the situation hoping it dies down.The "It Already Happened" Entry
- These entries are what happened previously from what has already has happened. These can be found tapes, already taped but not posted, sent by sombody else, posted by another party, etc... These typically give information that hasn't been exposed yet to fill in the gaps in a story. They shead light on certain situations and sometimes gives the audience more questions then answers.
For example: A character has been missing for a while, but a tape is sent or found in which shows the character is still alive. The question of "Is he/she still alive?" is answered, but the question "Where is he/she?" is asked.
Another example: The character doesn't know what's going on during the situation but finds a tape that shows someone (Slenderman) has been spotted on numerous occasions.The "Slenderman Attacks" Entry
- Slenderman constantly stalks or hurts the character causing them to be in pain and/or run for their lives. He shows up on numerous occasions in these entries or once with a big impact. He can also be the cause the character to go missing, die or teleported to a new location.The "Victory" Entry
- The character finds something that gives them hope. They can find a missing person, a location they were looking for, a clue that gives a massive lead, they uncover who a proxy was, a character who has slender sickness is acting normal again, etc... While these entries are not full victories, they do give the character and audience hope.The "New Dimension" Entry
- Sometimes characters get stuck into a different type of dimension. Things just don't seem right or how they are supposed to be. They can enter a room and it leads to an area which doesn't make sense in the context of the previous room. For example: Entering a door in a house that leads to a forest.
There can also be a time paradox during these entries. For example: The character enters a house for a minute during the day and leaves only to see it's night. Another example: A character films something strange, but after some camera static is back in the normal state of the location and the character doesn't remember it happening and is confused how it was caught on camera.
Another example comes from comes from Every Man Hybrid (EMH) I'm gunna put it on spoilers just in case.
The "Mystery" Entry
- Another character: it be a proxy or another party posts an entry on the main channel or another channel all together( Think totheark). These videos could also be filmed by the main character but due to memory loss the main character can't remember filming it. These provide clues or context to the main story. A lot of times these entries have a lot of camera issues (more then normal). For example totheark in Marble Hornets or The Observer in Tribetwelve. This could be because the proxies or people associated with Slenderman are near him while shooting the videos, or have some sort of interference themselves because Slenderman is controlling them. Depends on the creator. These can also be very cryptic and be hard to decipher. The "Vlog" Entry
- The character posts an update about something or other. It can be their feelings, clues, thoughts, theories etc. These can be filmed on a web cam or walking and talking with the handheld cams.The "Puzzle" Entry
- Kind of like the "clue" entry but instead of it being a clue, it's a puzzle. These leave the audience with certain clues that "unlock" an answer that will assist the main character on their journey. A great example of Puzzles is "Caughtnotsleeping." A lot of the entries are puzzles that "unlock" things within the series.The "End" Entry
- The ending for the series. What happens? There are a lot of types of endings.
"Lone Hero" where the main character is the only survivor and must live on this nightmare but has figured out all they could know and decides to stop posting.
"They All Die" I don't need to explain that one.
"Ward of Kill off Slenderman" Character figures a way to get Slenderman off their back. (A very unpopular ending around the forums.)
"Cryptic" The ending is up for discussion and doesn't tie up certain questions.
Of couse there are many other types of entries, endings and variations of what I wrote, but that's what I got so far.