Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Wounding the Slender Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glassbeetles
Observer

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Say someone found a way to kill Slender Man in their series, or just stop it for a really long time. What do you think would happen? Earthquakes, your death, reversal of time to the point before all the lead up events occurred? Anyone have some interesting thoughts or ideas?

Edit: Changed title from "Killing" to "Wounding"

Last edited by Glassbeetles on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/HEOOIS00A0LIAR00
Outlander
Anxious

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

It just wouldn't happen at all. The whole thing with Core Theory was that slender man could be killed, and look how that turned out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Well in terms of "making him go away". If you were to do something that was harmful or had a negative effect on Slender Man, what might happen that caused some sort of physical damage to surroundings or anything in that case? I don't really mean kill him, what I mean is not make his a factor to worry about for awhile. Like beating a monster back to where it came from.

Last edited by Glassbeetles on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to many uses of "in terms")
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. One of the things that makes Slender Man scary is that he can't be killed. Lose that, you lose a lot of your scare powers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 pm

But makin teh slendrmayun distorshun effects is soo harrrrrrddddd D:

Okay then. Let's say one were hit him with a baseball ba... actually never mind. See, my theory is that the only things that can do any sort of damage, although minor, are his own creations. Since in my storyline the Slender Man created physical manifestations of creepy pastas that he found would be a deadly secondary in case the work was too minor for him, I feel like what ever damage is done that rids me of him being a problem needs to be by Jeff or the Rake or something. So say Jeff turns on Slendy and stabs him. What happens, if anything?

Does Slendy just teleport away and all the monsters follow, or does something big happen like a time rip or mass destruction?
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 pm

For one, you'd need to have a reason for one of his minions hurting him. For two, I still don't think it's a good idea. Everything you've told me about your story, I like. That, not so much. Again, it's much scarier having an unbeatable horror than have an Almost-but-if-this-were-to-happen Horror.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 pm

I'll just be an Evan and smack a badly shopped Slender Man with a blunt object so I can finish off this container of fake blood already. Thanks for the input, it helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Don't get mad at me. I, personally, think it's a bad idea. I'm not stopping you from doing it.

Edit: Sorry. Got this on my ipod. Siley didn't show up. Glad I could help Very Happy

Last edited by Outlander on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aGamingFish
Anxious

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 am

Well I don't know about hurt, and certainly not kill. But I think something could slow him slightly, maybe? I am going to include a kind of weapon against Slender Man in my vlog, but all it does is stop the distortion.

I think Slender Man being able to be hurt in any way does take away the horror element in the mythos...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyPixelFilms?feature=mhee
sethlapod555
Survivor

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Well, there was an instance where someone had chopped off Slender Man's arm, but that's not a very prime example. The blog's called Breaker.

jardsam.blogspot.com/

For instance, THIS is what it looks like to us Slenderfans.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
Well, there was an instance where someone had chopped off Slender Man's arm, but that's not a very prime example. The blog's called Breaker.

Well then... that seems interesting. After watching that I lost hope in trying it so I'll just re-kill the Rake.

wait... what did he do with the arm? eat it? :S

Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Glassbeetles wrote:
wait... what did he do with the arm? eat it? :S

Yep. Ate the whole damn thing. And got Slender Man powers.
Back to top Go down
guitargodd97
Anxious

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 pm

I would do anything for some Slender Man powers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/HunterMusicAndTV
britaki
Anxious

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm

I'd imagine it'd be a lot like stabbing the Witch King in the face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apokAlypse
Untainted

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 am

As previous people say, it would make his character a lot less scary... I imagine him having some kind of telekinetic (is that what is is?) powers where he can kind of deflect/stop anything about to hurt him. For example, incoming bullets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TearsOfTheAmazon
Untainted

Current Win Points : -3

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 pm

You can't really hurt him, because he's tethered to another dimension. When he comes to our dimension, any time someone tried to damage him it wouldn't register because he's not truly here, just appearing here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkShadows
Blackout

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Well there was the blog where a whole group of Marines and Army guys tried to attack him, and he killed them all. So probably not.

I did at one point write a story where the protagonist uses something sharp with the Operator symbol on it to wound him, although the idea of that symbol being something that wards Slendy off is not a theory that all fans subscribe to.

I would suspect that if you actually attacked him, he'd find some way to make the attack hit either you or someone you cared about instead. And even if you could actually kill him there's no guarantee he'd stay dead. But you would. It could even be that if you do somehow, by some incredibly slim margin, manage to kill him, you become him and lose who you are in the process, which I think is a neat and actually kind of horrific idea (Body horror + loss of identity? No thank you.), but again that is a theory that not all fans subscribe to.

So, long story short, you're not going to kill him. Ever. Because he's unkillable. But if you did manage to somehow wound him it would probably end badly for you no matter what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Ekaetriana
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, I must agree that he's "unkillable." I'm open to new concepts, like maybe what the above poster mentioned about becoming him if you kill him. But even in a standalone book I would vote against killing him permanently. It really makes him less scary, as everyone has said, and I would read/watch these stories for the purpose of being terrified and in a state of wonderment at what he's doing and how much power he has. For me, I feel a need to be in awe of the Slender Man character whenever he appears on camera or in a written scene...if it's established he can be killed, then I'm not in awe anymore- he's just some worthless monster.

On the other hand, I'd say that he can be wounded, but not permanently wounded. If it's established that he's immortal ^ then hurting him really doesn't serve a purpose. If he must be hurt for a scene, I'd imagine that it would be extremely difficult, especially in the real world. Noah shot at him, but nothing came of that that I know of. The bullets seemed to sort of disappear. Not even deflect, but just disappear. Maybe not even go anywhere. So if he can ignore bullets, I'd bet he could also easily ignore/stop a mere human trying to stab him, whatever.

This is all just my opinion though. Nothing has to be a certain way. If you think you can write/make something well enough, then go ahead and try. I don't like to say there are restrictions to what one can do with their imagination.

The story I am writing does feature an injury to the Slender Man. However, the injury is hard won, does not take place on this world, and the character (who nicks him in the side), is killed about half a second later due to being distracted for that half second....and then Slendy heals himself no problem. I mainly used the injury as symbolism and a catalyst for something else, not as a means of saying Slendy can be hurt. After this, I establish that there's really no point in psychically fighting him. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkShadows
Blackout

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm

I like your idea of Slendy being able to heal himself in that slim event that he is wounded. That makes a lot of sense to me, seeing as he can do just about everything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wordflow.webs.com
zero
Stalked

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 am

wanting to hurt the monster, this sounds familiar!

For those of you who don't recall the old days, that was the entire concept behind my first blog, a hint of serendipity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
awkwardraptor
Escaped

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 am

Didn't Slendy die at the end of Wendigo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 am

awkwardactor wrote:

I believe he did, but then again Wendigo is a Slender Man film that isn't very praised in the Slenderverse, and that might be going against Slender Man lore, considering the fact that it's theorized that he's immortal.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am

sethlapod555 wrote:
awkwardactor wrote:

I believe he did, but then again Wendigo is a Slender Man film that isn't very praised in the Slenderverse, and that might be going against Slender Man lore, considering the fact that it's theorized that he's immortal.

Oh, I didn't realize that it wasn't held in high regard, I personally enjoyed it. On the other hand I can understand where you are coming from with the whole immortal entity theory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:57 am

awkwardactor wrote:
sethlapod555 wrote:
awkwardactor wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize that it wasn't held in high regard, I personally enjoyed it. On the other hand I can understand where you are coming from with the whole immortal entity theory.

Well, when I say "not highly praised", I mean by a lot of the Slenderverse fans. I enjoyed it at quite a few parts, but it still could have been better.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
awkwardactor wrote:
sethlapod555 wrote:
awkwardactor wrote:

Well, when I say "not highly praised", I mean by a lot of the Slenderverse fans. I enjoyed it at quite a few parts, but it still could have been better.

Understood, but it does bring up the question of what would happen if someone did succeed in killing him. Who would take his place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wounding the Slender Man   Today at 2:03 am

Back to top Go down

Wounding the Slender Man
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: