Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff



 
HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 
 

 Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet


Posts : 1499
Current Win Points : 750
Join date : 2011-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Mephisto wrote:
I honestly never liked the tutorial. I have a big problem with
someone setting rules on a communal character and making it almost
gospel. The arrogance that I got from the first few posts turned me off
completely. [/b]

That, so fucking much. I never understood why people enjoyed M. The character was a dick, and one of things that most turned me off is the thoery that the operator symbol kept Slender Man away. Just no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Sudoku
Untainted


Posts : 19
Current Win Points : 24
Join date : 2011-04-08
Location : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Seeking Truth/The Mystic (+1)
Both of Zeke Strahm's blogs were probably the most entertaining and even the best out of all the blogs I've been listed to read.
Its character also provided a lot of development and its stories' quality never fails in giving the reader a good scare or thrill.

Encyclopedia Slendaria (+1)
Honestly, Encyclopedia Slenderia was the first of my few methods to know more about the mythos and it has been very helpful even until now.

The Tutorial (0)
Me and supposedly, Samantha felt that it was nice to see a blog dedicated to educating the Runner community but it seemed a little impractical to fool Slenderman by getting to higher grounds. Nonetheless, I am being neutral on the matter because it still had a unique direction of story and an interesting character.

H(a)unting (-1)
I completely despise it, probably to the very core of my soul.
Excuse me for my anger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormecho
Untainted


Posts : 20
Current Win Points : 7
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:23 pm

The Reader's Resort (+1)
I might be a little biased due to interacting a lot with this blog, but I admit I adore the strong Norse bent, and the riddles and puzzles that crop up all the time.

A hint of Serendipity/Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man (+1)
I am a big fan of the original blog and the writing style and plot, and I like the new character development as well. Zero turning into what he is now is completely believable, given all the pressure put on him, and I'm a sucker for good characterization.

Slenderbloggins (+1) I stumbled on it when Andy was trying out the plot, and it actually terrified me. For one thing, I am a total wimp, and another, the complete absence of the fourth wall - I had gone on believing it was an informative, out of game blog and then having it prove me wrong - was enough to make me pretty paranoid. Also, it is a pretty awesome place to go for an analysis of most of the mythos, so~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:40 pm

One thing you need to keep in mind about the Tutorial is that it was one of the earlier blogs. Now we look at it, and say, "Who's this guy who claims he can make all these rules about Slender Man? Slender Man doesn't need no stinking rules!" But at the time, he was working in a vacuum. Seeking Truth was the only major ongoing Slenderblog at the time (DiD was active, but hadn't revealed its Slender nature yet), and the only completed stories were those from SomethingAwful, In My Head, Cold Feelings, or Marble Hornets. Apart from Seeking Truth, most of those followed the same "Spooooooky stuff happening!" formula; and while that spooooky stuff is one of the big draws of the Mythos, there's only a finite number of stories that can be drawn from it before things become too tired and old. The Tutorial was a huge influence in creating the modern Mythos (and by that, I mean all the stories which have come since Tutorial, not the massive Clustersturgeon we have at the moment). From our standpoint, The Tutorial isn't anything special, but when it came out, it was HUGE. An original story, an original character, and a completely new take on dealing with Slender Man.

So just keep that in mind before everyone starts massively downvoting M's blog.

(And if this sounds like a Slenderia post, it's because I went directly from writing a post on M to this forum.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
LisaEvermore
Taken


Posts : 439
Current Win Points : 139
Join date : 2010-12-12
Age : 27
Location : I'm not sure

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Everytime I come back in here, I feel more guilty for not reading enough slenderblogs. I just sort of have a love hate relationship with them. I love the little original ones, the diamonds int he rough that when I find them, they capture my attention and hold it through all the entries. Like Observe and Terminate and Just Another Fool. I think those are my all time favorites so far. Most of them make me go insane with all the blatant perjury of other blogs/vlogs creations. Both O&T and JAF had totally original concepts. I loved them. Other ones like Seeking Truth, The Tutorial, Why Are You Running, etc. have me pulling my hair out only a few entires in. I will most likely go insane if I read another blog that uses the Operator Symbol but claims to not have heard of MH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Now here's some pluses or minuses from my accidentallies thread. I've left out blogs I already posted here about, ones which went inactive shortly after starting, and ones which I haven't made my mind up about yet.

.: -1
0harts to GIVE: +1
Snowdrop: +0
A Study in Purple/Bright Asylum: +1
A New Blog That's Not Mine: +1
A Really Bad Joke: +1
A Wand and a Prayer: +1.
Anomalous Data: +1
Anonymous Here: -1
Anthroagast: +1
Believe What You See: +0
Copper and Chrome: +0 (Only my love of narm prevented it from -1)
Breaker: -1
Breeze in Monochrome NIGHT: +1
brighter than a spoon: +1
Eccentrically Bored: +1
Authoress Haven: +1
Clockwork Crow/The Idyllic Clone/Life Under Yggdrasil/Hiding in Yggdrasil/The Quick Brown Fox/All Around the Mullbery Bush/Hawk's Eye View: -1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
SickSlickMan
Untainted


Posts : 47
Current Win Points : 30
Join date : 2010-12-13
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:48 pm

LisaEvermore wrote:
Other ones like Seeking Truth have me pulling my hair out only a few entires in.

WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!!!

DX
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SickSilckMan?feature=mhum
Mephisto
Untainted


Posts : 18
Current Win Points : 6
Join date : 2011-04-08
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:14 pm

I had never actually read h(a)unting before but ugh. It was an interesting concept and if it was done right (a lot like Slender man's blog "Why are you running?") as a non-serious comedy blog it could be really fun. Much like, say, Billy and Mandy. However the shark-jumping came when incorporating other characters in a ham handed way and I'm also getting some weird Twilight vibe off of the whole thing.

Twilight 4: The Slender Chronicles is so not cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout


Posts : 563
Current Win Points : 488
Join date : 2010-12-28
Age : 25
Location : Now I am everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
[quote="Mephisto"]I honestly never liked the tutorial. I have a big problem with
someone setting rules on a communal character and making it almost
gospel. The arrogance that I got from the first few posts turned me off
completely.

That, so fucking much. I never understood why people enjoyed M. The character was a dick, and one of things that most turned me off is the thoery that the operator symbol kept Slender Man away. Just no.[/quote]

You know, I used to feel exactly the same way as you. Of course, then I started writing Jekyll. And Jekyll is actually a lot like M...and probably how I would have written M had I been the first to have a Tutorial-like blog. I may not exactly agree with the content, but I can see where the character is coming from, and I like what he's trying to do, even if I disagree with his methods. That new perspective is what got me to switch from a -1 to a +1. I may not like the content, but I really like the character. So I'm going to say "just give him another chance."

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
SliceandDice
Anxious


Posts : 77
Current Win Points : 18
Join date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:03 pm

I found it hard to Dislike the Tutorial. M MADE the mythos really possible at least the one that exists now. He made rules and wether you think they work for the story or not we- or at least I- would have trouble without him.

I give Tutorial a (+1)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosGamma
Observer


Posts : 188
Current Win Points : 26
Join date : 2011-04-05
Age : 25
Location : Where I need to be

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:20 pm

You know, thinking it over again, I'm not entirely sure exactly what it is that I dislike about The Tutorial. It's not M's character, it did seem to me that he was supposed to be kind of a dick, so while I didn't really like him I got the feeling I wasn't really supposed to. I don't know, I just couldn't really get into it, I'm not sure that there was really any specific thing that I didn't like. Which, now that I think of it is probably why I couldn't think of anything else to say on my last post. I just can't really pick out what it was that I disliked about it.

I'm still keeping my (-1) though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Nowadays I understand why people can choose not to like the Tutorial, when I started this shindig, I just said 'thems the rules' and played along, but now I realize, I don't have to abide by those rules!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reach
Untainted


Posts : 46
Current Win Points : 66
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 pm



mfw when I am third highest-ranked Slenderblog, higher than all my favourites other than Seeking Truth/The Mystic.

My own votes;

Quote :
A hint of serendipity (+1) - I have to admit that I didn't care for Serendipity up until Zero "broke" and went against the Core Theory. It's actually really interesting to go back through the posts and read his comments on his past actions. A great blog.

A Really Bad Joke (+1) - I really, really like this blog (in fact, I reread it just now, for fun). Maduin is like what you'd get if you combined a compassionate Jay, a compelling Shaun and a cognitively-sound Robert, then put that mind into a crazy guy in a long coat and mask. I'm still wating for a story arc to develop but I trust Maduin to deliver, eventually.

Delmont Family Blogs (+1) - One of the more coherent and better-planned multi-blog stories. Oh my, when Tony turns out to be Cathy's husband and Cynthia's dad? Mind = blown. Cathy is probably the most human character in the whole Mythos, Tony is how M should have been written and Cynthia is a really great creepy child. Much approval and respect.

FRIENDS (-1) - This blog is comparable to repeated acts of narcissistic masturbation. I have nothing but disdain for it.

H(a)unting (-1) - Arguably worse even than FRIENDS because of it's pervasive popularity.

Hiking Fiend (+0) - Could have been great but ended too fast. Really brilliant writing but I didn't like the pacing at all.

Observe and Terminate (+1) - One of my absolute favourite blogs. I wasn't too sure about it at the start but it's really developed into something good. The mindfuck is amazing. The characters are brilliantly-written. The hints at further expansion are tantalising and the writer's ability to develop story arcs whilst also being a reactionary blog.

Peering In From The Outside (+1) - Ah, an old favourite. The day it ended was a dark day, indeed, especially since, as one of the writer's collaborators, I knew where it was going and that where it was going was a great destination. Thage was a very, very interesting character and I just loved how she was developing into this great knight templar character.

Road to the Heavens (+1) - Another old favourite, but I just have a soft spot for blogs that actually take the time to develop the character first, then introduce teh Slondermoonz. Amelia is still one of my favourite Runners and she gave the best final line of the Mythos thus far; "See you in the morning."

Scared (-1) - Dear god, I hate this blog. It could have been so interesting but the whole thing is really pretentious and I constantly get "wants to have its cake and eat it too" vibe in the storyline. Jack and Stephanie are the most consistently annoying characters in the Mythos.

Seeking Truth/The Mystic (+1) - GOD TIER SLENDERBLOG. NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE SAID.

Si vis pacem, para bellum (+1) - Yeah, like I said, I have a soft spot for blogs where it goes character development --> TEH SLONDERMOONZ. Also, as well-known as my hatred of my own horrible creation is, in my personal opinion, Moriarty is the best-written Revenant in the Mythos.

Spiralling Towards the Sky (+0) - I really liked it at the start but I have no idea what's going on in it anymore (probably because it is now crossed over with blogs I don't read). Stormy needs some character development, she's been stuck at "scared shitless" for too long.

The London Librarian (+1) - Originally, the pacing was damn near impossible to keep up with but thankfully, I think that Ava and I managed to sort of balance each other out; I stopped her posting more times daily than I used the bathroom and she forced me to actually develop story arcs and post regularly. I like how she used eventually shed the Scientist thing and looked more towards mythology, especially her Egyptian bent. Obviously, I may be somewhat biased but meh, I'm biased towards all the blogs. It's called my opinion.

The Tutorial (-1) - I very much dislike this blog, I never got into it, the main character is an arrogant dick and not in the way that Tony from GYGFO is an arrogant dick. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere at all. Just, no.

Vivere disce (+1) - YO, OTHA OPINYINS, IM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT VIVERE DISCE IS THE BEST SLENDERBLOG OF ALL TIME! Seriously, I love the pacing, love the writing, love the arcs that Jean has developed, love it, love it, love it, love it.

White Elephants (-1) - Oh god, White Elephants used to be my favourite Slenderblog and then too many twists and turns and crazy theories. There's only so many times you can use the same trick before the audience figures it out. So disappointing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SabrinasUniverse
Untainted


Posts : 13
Current Win Points : 2
Join date : 2011-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Empty Eyes (-1)
Breeze In A Monochrome NIGHT (+1)

And because it's so close,
Friends (-1) <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hallow Sleeper
Observer


Posts : 175
Current Win Points : 23
Join date : 2011-03-17
Location : The Hallow Forest.

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Hallow Dreams (-1)

Because of fucking bullshit I've pulled into my very, very short blog. Seriously, even though it's my first, it SUUCKS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ParaBellum
Untainted


Posts : 27
Current Win Points : 2
Join date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm

- 1 for Frap and Friends.

oh dear God. It started out okay, an then it got confusing really, really fast. I stopped following it around the time where Frap said that he had five demons in his head, or something. Apparently I missed out on some mind-boggling things (he kissed Slender Man?) but still. This may (and I emphasize the word may) be worse than Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man. and believe me, you're better off if you hadn't read that.

At any rate. Let's make this one the first Slendershame. >Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slendermanmustdie.blogspot.com/
LisaEvermore
Taken


Posts : 439
Current Win Points : 139
Join date : 2010-12-12
Age : 27
Location : I'm not sure

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:18 pm

SickSlickMan wrote:

WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!!!

DX

Hey, at least I feel something! That is a feat in and of itself. Not only that, but I FINISHED ST. That is another damn miracle. I am notorious for zoning out after entry 10 and never finishing them.

Also, I will be reading Anthroagast. I only got to entry like 4 before I zoned out. The writing has a very strange flow to it for me, so I literally spend nearly an hour on each entry reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading making sure that everything is working out right in my brain area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:20 pm

+1 to The Hospital . It's a new take on the story, reminds me a little of what Nessa had once talked about doing. It's a new story however, so there's not a lot to it yet, but I already have a sense of personality for the Hospitaler. Plus that's sort of a paladin, how cool is that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
altiumvidetur
Anxious


Posts : 89
Current Win Points : 68
Join date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 am

I would like to add +1 to Bright Asylum, and +1 to A Study In Purple because they are beautifully paced and developed, and Bright Asylum's newest post... mmmm.

Also plus 1 to Smiting The Gods because dear Jesus I need shots for my love of excessive literary references. And I enjoy how Arkady is basically all the sociopathic bloggers taken to the next extreme.

+1 to Now I Shall Know You Again, because it's basically a break the haughty done in the best way possible, and I adore the main character and the arcs that have been developed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mellori
Untainted


Posts : 19
Current Win Points : 11
Join date : 2011-03-14
Age : 26
Location : Australia, mate

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:13 am

+1 for Just Another Fool - because it basically gave me the seed I used for the ideas that are driving my entire plot.

+1 for A Hint of Serendipity - because reading it through the lense of a cynical fallen Sage made it pretty effing awesome.

+1 for A Really Bad Joke - because Maduin is insane. In the best way possible.

+1 for The Tutorial - because whoever is writing M has written the perfect "I'm just tired of this shit, but hey, looks like I need to keep doing it to stay alive" kind of veteran.

+1 for Breeze in Monochrome NIGHT - because music makes me happy.

+1,439,679 for Walking the Hallowed Halls, because it is clearly the best piece of fiction in the universe, regardless of genre.

+1 for White Elephants - because a well written multiple character interpretation based plot is just hard for me to comprehend having to write.

-ABILLION for Now I Shall Know You Again - because of Times New Roman. Razz

+1 for Now I Shall Know You Again - because Portal and also sadness I can really fricken relate to, except nobody I've had it in for has died so I don't know why I relate to it so much.

-1 for Breaker - because EATING THE SLENDERMAN'S ARM IS A STUPID THING TO DO. IT IS STUPID. STUPID. REALLY REALLY STUPID. ALSO ILL ADVISED AND DUMB AND NOT VERY SMART.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH RAGE EXPLOSION.

-1 for H(a)unting - because a relatably-human, even occasionally nice Slender Man ruins it for all of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://acqusitionsandadministration.blogspot.com
altiumvidetur
Anxious


Posts : 89
Current Win Points : 68
Join date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Okay, first off; +1 to The Scarecrow Experiment. It's taken a lot of the blogging concepts people tend to dislike and made them creepy. The atmosphere, pacing, characters, and plot are fantastic, and I feel all the right emotions reading it. +1 +1 +1

Secondly, I was looking at Breeze In Monochrome NIGHT's newest update (+1 to that as well, by the by) when I figured out what bugs me about H(a)unting.

It's really, really difficult to sustain that suspenseful, worrying, highly emotional atmosphere around what is basically a comedy blog. I like things like Why Are You Running because it's off in its own universe; it doesn't interfere in the atmosphere of the other blogs, so you don't get Slendy commenting at other people. In H(a)unting, the protagonists comment on events, and communicate with other blogs with statements like "I have an eldritch abomination to yell at". It takes away from other blogs. In all, I think they should refrain from commenting on other blogs; let people comment and communicate and crossover but only if it's asked for.

This is all not taking Maduin's theory into consideration. If I think about that, then it seems a lot creepier; Sandra staring off into space, screaming at a monster that isn't really there as she cuddles her knees and holds on to her shattered psyche alone in a room with a laptop and not much else, as the trees tap at the window and the wind howls... And that sentence went to a weird place, sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SliceandDice
Anxious


Posts : 77
Current Win Points : 18
Join date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:52 pm

HEY H(a)UNTING PERSON. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, FUCKING DO WHAT MAUDIN SAID.

LOVE

SLICE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maduin
Observer


Posts : 104
Current Win Points : 67
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 30
Location : The darkest game arcade

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 pm

SliceandDice wrote:
HEY H(a)UNTING PERSON. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, FUCKING DO WHAT MAUDIN SAID.

LOVE

SLICE

MADUIN, GODDAMMIT!
Also, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Maduin wrote:
SliceandDice wrote:
HEY H(a)UNTING PERSON. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, FUCKING DO WHAT MAUDIN SAID.

LOVE

SLICE

MADUIN, GODDAMMIT!
Also, thanks Smile

I'm sorry Madin, could you repeat that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout


Posts : 563
Current Win Points : 488
Join date : 2010-12-28
Age : 25
Location : Now I am everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Maduin wrote:
SliceandDice wrote:
HEY H(a)UNTING PERSON. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, FUCKING DO WHAT MAUDIN SAID.

LOVE

SLICE

MADUIN, GODDAMMIT!
Also, thanks Smile

lol, u maduin, bro? :trollface:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Today at 2:51 am

Back to top Go down
 
Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: