Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog

Go down 
+74
Ladnek
TheN00b
That One Kid
unspoken
Dazed
RumorsofMyDemise
Kashi
future
Spazz
Stumblr
prolificSpork
queenofinsanity6
Aciidwire
AmalgamationSage
re
DFW
Hiker
projectrallus
Lotus
Malus
InheritTheEarth
Michenab
Sleepy-S
AdmirableJellyfish
Konaa
Chestevieve
Mephiles
MysteryC
Blue Eyes
Hakurei Ryuu
alliterator
Lero
Somebody
Damien
Snore-De-Bliss
CuteWithoutThe
Allan Assiduity
Seann
PTCCentralCommand
Kay
Laughing Mask
Mellori
Hallow Sleeper
SabrinasUniverse
Reach
SliceandDice
Stormecho
Sudoku
Mephisto
ChaosGamma
SickSlickMan
Alder
Delmonty
quofomo
Zander
chasechan2050
Broeckchen
Shayde
Bard
ParaBellum
Glomple
Maduin
cowboyghostie
Mr. Jeebles
Omega
LisaEvermore
Erratic
RocktheworldXD
Ulysses
zero
elevator_child
Thage the Minithulu
altiumvidetur
DaLadybugMan
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

Current Win Points : 67

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 pm

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
Maduin wrote:
SliceandDice wrote:
HEY H(a)UNTING PERSON. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, FUCKING DO WHAT MAUDIN SAID.

LOVE

SLICE

MADUIN, GODDAMMIT!
Also, thanks Smile

lol, u mad, u in bro? :trollface:

Yes, I mad. Yes, I in bro.
Back to top Go down
http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
Mephisto
Untainted

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:49 pm

What is "in bro"? Is that where you take shelter in the intestines of a frat boy to avoid the horrible winter chill?
Back to top Go down
ParaBellum
Untainted
ParaBellum

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Mephisto wrote:
Is that where you take shelter in the intestines of a frat boy to avoid the horrible winter chill?

Dude. now I know why Slender man puts people in trees.

The Slender Man Mythos, Troper Tales wrote:
I met him. I saw a face. It was a regular face. He talked to me. He's
cold. That's it. He sees us, inside, in the warmth, and he just wants
in. He's just cold. Oh God, he's...
HE'S JUST A CHILD, OH GOD, FOR HIS SPECIES HE IS STILL A CHILD, AND HE
DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE WON'T JUST LET HIM IN FROM THE COLD.

Mind. Blown.

[/threadjack]
Back to top Go down
http://slendermanmustdie.blogspot.com/
Mephisto
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 12:21 pm

ParaBellum wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Is that where you take shelter in the intestines of a frat boy to avoid the horrible winter chill?

Mind. Blown.

[/threadjack]

That's some "Jacob's Ladder" level mindfuck right there.
Back to top Go down
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:49 pm

BTW, since I haven't performed my civic duty yet, here goes:

Frap and Friends: -1, please, someone, end this.
Copper and Chrome: -1, arguably Yggy is even worse than Frap, but the end result's the same.

What You Are In The Dark: +1, revoking revenants and the recent riveting revelations made me revise my rating for Reach.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Mephisto wrote:
ParaBellum wrote:
Mephisto wrote:

Mind. Blown.

[/threadjack]

That's some "Jacob's Ladder" level mindfuck right there.

even more evidence that Slendy is Adam's epic dog Tommy, who just wants let in for the night
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Been going through a couple lately

Road to the Heavens (+0) Eh, it wasn't bad, but I don't think all that much really happened. It seemed like it was starting to go somewhere and then she just stopped.

A Rainbow Life (+0) This one was interesting, but again it just stopped before it really started anything

Icthyological (+1) I didn't really like this one until about two-thirds or so of the way through, it wasn't really anything different but I did like her character a lot.

Anthroaghast (+1) Read this after seeing Omega's review. It's really damn good, I must say. I love the surrealness(?) of the dream posts and it looked really interesting before it just stopped. I quite enjoyed trying to figure out what was going on a lot of the time. It's quite a shame that it didn't get finished.

0Harts to give (+1) Another one Omega reviewed. I also quite liked it, though Slendy never even shows up before it stops

Anomolous Data (+1) I actually liked Jay's kind of cold scientific writing style. The ending was good (I do rather like the idea of Redlight being Jay). Don't really have too much to say, it was rather short.

Something Awful (+0) Another rather short one (it has only seven posts), I do quite like some of the things it did (mainly the whole last post was interesting), but it really didn't last long enough that I think I can really give it a rating.

Just Another Fool (+1) This was I think actually the first blog I read, but I recently went back and reread it. I don't know that there's anything I can say that probably hasn't been said already. Mainly, I just really enjoy it; it's a good read, not too complicated but still fairly interesting. A great start for the Slenderblogs, I'd say.

H(a)unting (-1) It started out fairly decent, but as people have said it just degenerated into a sitcom featuring Slendy. Eh.

Friends/Frap/whatever it's called (-1) Just the fact that I don't care at all about trying to finish it, I'd have to say it sucks. (Because normally, I will at some point always finish any story that I've started, this is the "Twilight" of Slenderblogs, right here, just crap)

Well, that's all for now.
Back to top Go down
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 pm

A Wand and A Prayer +1, so much +1 - okay, there's so much I like abou this blog, but all you need to know is this: the godchildren made me cry.
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:10 pm

H(a)unting.... can I give to -37593237695 for writing and +37593237694 for awesome reading-to-your-friends-at-3-am material? Hmmm... what does that leave me with. -1

Yep, that's my score.
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:23 am

I'm going to cover some of the more recent blogs I've read lately, and then work on updating the list.

What You Are in the Dark: +1. Finally got around to reading it, and it's one of the better blogs out there. I'm not going to say that it's one of my favorites, but I at least enjoyed it.

Let Us Keep Calling Keepers Living: -1. It felt kind of fanfictiony, a lot of the length is unnecessary (probably over half of the posts are "we met up with so-and-so" or "I'm spending time with Cheska"), the author cannot differentiate between different characters' voices at all, the twists are poorly foreshadowed, and the blog is almost downright insulting to women. It's not the worst blog out there, but it really grated on me personally.

Observe and Terminate: +1. Not too much in the fear department, but it walks the line between mystery and confusion very well and has a wonderfully hilarious cast of characters, to boot.

Adam's Epic Blog: +1. A wonderful glorious troll blog. I may be biased, since I know who's writing it, but I think that it really does deserve the +1.

Crashing Through the Trees: +0. It's nothing too impressive and the character is sort of going the casual sociopath route (which is rarely done ironically), but there's something about the way he types that's actually surprisingly convincing and not particularly narmy.

Eden's World: +1. Very unique take, and unique takes are usually very good.

Fabulous: +1. No, this isn't bias. Fiona is a character that hasn't been explored in the mythos yet, and provides an interesting read.

It's All David's Fault: +0. It's well-written and there are some very good aspects of it, but it just doesn't particularly appeal to me personally.

The Hospital: +1. Apart from being "Hospitaller is to runner as Andrew (WtHH) is to proxy," the character is different. It's nice to see something from a strongly Christian perspective.

Three Guesses: +1. The mystery has me hooked. Who's Guess? What's this organization he's in? Why is he asking us riddles? What are the consequences or rewards to getting them wrong or right? I don't know, but I sure as hell want to find out.

Upload Commencing: -1. It's an interesting concept, but it just can't be done well. It's become more of a machine for plugging and self-masturbation (well that was a repetitive redundancy) than anything else. I just don't quite see the appeal, and the mystery isn't hooking me. Note: if a good story develops, this is likely to change. This is a bit of a hasty rating, I'll admit, as the blog is only two days and two entries old.

I'll go back and edit the scores tomorrow.

Andy

Last edited by DaLadyBugMan on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Durr, scores don't work so well if you don't put them in.)
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 am

+0 from +1 for The Tutorial - I've started to realize that what he did with the 'rules', is try to confine the mythos. Plus all that GJ traffic on there is pretty lame, but that's not M's fault.

+1 for A Wand And A Prayer - I've enjoyed this one for a while now, just haven't voted in a bit. One of the more recent posts really sang to me, and I felt Kay's character big time in it. I highly recommend it.

+0 Upload Commencing - I dunno where it's going, and perhaps it is self-stimulating to see 'stat's for yourself. But it's enjoyable and I think this has some great potential for some hacking related SM fun. I love how everyone geeked out on Skype when they thought Amelia was running it, which is not true to my knowledge...but then again I haven't heard from her since R2TH stopped.

+1 Observe and Terminate, it's really got its own pace and story, and is far out of the standard spunky teen protagonist concept.

+0 for I am Stardust and Records of an Impossibility both characters have merit, and I enjoy talking to them! However both blogs are so metaphysical, I can't understand anything that is going on. At All.

+0 for The Morning Hunter - Morningstar's blog. I'm in favor of good proxy blogs, but I was tempted to give this a -1 for the whole cartoonesque 'mad scientist' post about killing runners, completely unbelievable that.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:15 am

It's all David's Fault (+1) - I really enjoy reading it and I like how it explores the original roots of the Mythos some more: The stalking of children.

Time to talk (+1) BUT
Eleventh Hour and Get your Game Face on (0) - The story is great, and I like Time to talk very much since it's written well and easy to understand by itself.
The others not so much. I was very annoyed by not understanding most of the other blogs without knowing Time to talk (which was the second one I've read). Apart from that there were also minor issues with the writing in both of the other blogs I already mentioned in the critique thread, most notably "Cathy's" very distinct writing style shining through. Since the story is still ongoing, my opinion can of course still change at any given time. :3

Now I shall know you again (+1) - God/Andy knows I adore the protagonist to hell and back, the story was a fun read, did everything right which the Tutorial did wrong in my opinion, and provided me with some scenes that raped my stomach in the end.

Now I really need to make a little list for myself about which blogs I have already covered...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:13 am

Actually pretty glad no-one's read, let alone reviewed, my blog. I like to live in my little fantasy world where it's actually not bad.

How do any other bloggers on here feel about their results so far?
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Laughing Mask
Untainted
Laughing Mask

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 am

Over My Shoulder: +1 Personally I think this is really well written. Also I used to go to summer camp a lot so this one really struck a cord with me. Also the fifth entry = D:

I'll record stuff on other blogs when I get the time.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:49 am

Okay, working on updating the list. Just a few notes:

With Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man and the Delmont Blogs, they're overarching, connected stories, but they're so different (unlike Seeking Truth/The Mystic, which are very stylistically similar) that I'm going to sort of come up with something else. If there are blogs within the same canon that would get different ratings, I'm grouping them, splitting the scores, and then giving an overall score. For example, if Reposession and Life of the Damned (Just two blog titles I made up on the spot, feel free to use them) share a canon, you can rate Reposession +1 and Life of the Damned -1 if you so choose. Scores will look something like this:
Reposession/Life of the Damned (+3/-1 = +2)
The only thing I'm hesitant about is that this will make some blogs jump up or down too quickly, so I'm hoping that they'll be polarizing enough. If not, I guess I'll just have to split or merge the blogs instead of the compromise I have.

Omega, under this new rule, I'd like you to update the stuff on the, um, Crowverse. Reach, I'd like you to update your votes on the Delmont Blogs.

Mephisto, what exactly is The Scarecrow? I can't find it on Chase's list, unless you mean something else. This, people, is why you need to put in URLs for new blogs you add.

Omega wrote:
Clustersturgeon
I am using this word forever now.

Note: scores I still need to give but won't because I'm too lazy to edit in the URLs of blogs getting one vote:
The Scarecrow: +1 (If I learn what it is)
A Study in Purple/Bright Asylum (+2)
Anonymous here (-1)
Believe what you see (+0)
brighter than a spoon (+1)
Eccentrically Bored (+1)
Authoress Haven (+1)
Scared (-1)
Empty Eyes (-1)
Hallow Dreams (-1)
Something Awful (+0)
Crashing through Trees (+0)
It's All David's Fault (+1)
I Am Stardust (+0)
Records of Impossiblity (+0)
The Morning Hunter (+0)
Over My Shoulder (+1)

I'll also need to rework my posts on the Delmont Blogs completely. I think I've removed my votes, but...eh. I'll get around to that this afternoon. Working on reordering the list, should be done soon.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Kay
Untainted
Kay

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:17 pm

I've been meaning to do this for a little bit. I'll do some more later, there are way too many to do them all in one shot.

A Hint of Serendipity/The Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man + 1 to each blog especially with the turn that Zero has taken as a fallen hero. He’s taken a good look at what happens when a community wants you to be a hero and a martyr and it fails. Also I love the concept of the Bleeding Tree. I find it to be a nice creepy addition to the mythos.

What You Are In The Dark +1 especially since the revenant retcon where you can see Reach becoming less sure of himself. The character has become much more well rounded and I love the recent riddle game.

A Really Bad Joke +1 I’ve always been a big fan of this blog, but the story arc that is currently developing is turning it into more than just a fun read. The addition of tumblr audio logs also gives an added depth to it. You expect to hear someone bouncy and upbeat in keeping with the idea of the Jester and instead you hear a man who sounds weary and just seems to be fighting to keep going.

Now I Shall Know You Again +1 This a great story. Jekyll is probably the best jerkass woobie I’ve read in a very long time. I literally cried when I saw how things ended for him.

Vivere Disce + 1 This is one of the most well done blogs in the mythos and I don’t understand why it doesn’t have more votes. The main character is well rounded, the story is good, and the time and effort that goes into creating/finding (since I don’t know how the author actually does it) the books used for the character’s Slender research is astounding.

Smiting the Gods +1 This gets a plus one because it is officially the only thing I have ever read in or out of the mythos where I completely and utterly despised the main character to point that I didn’t want to finish reading. I was able to get through it only because how extremely well written it is.

The London Librarian -1 I feel bad for giving it this rating because I used to love this blog, but between comas, pregnancy, and having a temper tantrum anytime she is questioned lately, the character has become an unpleasant soap opera drama queen that I have no desire to give even the slightest attention to.

Three Guesses +1 This is probably the most fun new blog to come out lately. I love the riddles and I love the story that the character is starting to reveal.

H(a)unting -1 I can’t possibly add any more reasons to this that haven’t already been
stated.

FRIENDS -1 Again there isn’t anything I can say that has not already been said.

I Am Stardust + 0 The author has an engaging writing style and when describing things happening she is fun to keep up with, but when she starts getting analytical is when it tends to drag. I think she has a lot of potential though and reserve the right the change this vote at a later date.

Records of an Impossiblity +1 He gets this vote for being one of the most entertaining bloggers to enter the mythos in quite some time. The main character is funny and easy to relate to, the story rarely drags, and I love the unreliable narrator aspect when the character admits he might be 100% insane and the things he says he does might not be real at all. My biggest suggestion would be to agree with Zero and say that not everyone who reads the blog is going to understand what he’s talking about when he uses metaphysical aspects and should try either tone them down or at least make them simpler.
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 am

The Hospital- I think that he bounces around far too much to really pin down a good age as a character. He dates himself as 21, but seems much younger in his choice of pallet (Count Chocula IS delicious [even if Boo Berry is wayyyy~ better], but it would be far from any adults food of choice at the end of the world. Just sayin') He is also very Mary Sue... Marty Sue (?) in that there is really nothing special or unique about him. He seems to have no background, no problems, no shortcomings and even his outfit of choice (Black shirt and jeans) are booooooooooooring.
On top of that there is virtually no plotline. He just commandeered an old bunker or bomb shelter, set a couple beds and dubbed it "The Hospital".

Back to top Go down
PTCCentralCommand
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 am

+1 to Seeking Truth/The Mystic: Very nice piece of writing and a central piece of the Mythos these days. Loving it, myself.

Gotta balance this out...

Eh, -1 to Frap and Friends. Because Frap. Just Frap.
Back to top Go down
SliceandDice
Anxious
SliceandDice

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am

Reccords of an Impossibillity (+1)- Is the best newish blog out there. IF YOU ARENT FOLLOWING IT, DO SO.

Also Kay's blog gets a (+1) because I could barely resist not posting even though my character can't be posting right now. DAT MURDER SCENE MADE ME FEEL FEELINGS.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm

+1 For Hiking Fiend.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Mephisto
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:25 pm

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
Okay, working on updating the list. Just a few notes:

With Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man and the Delmont Blogs, they're overarching, connected stories, but they're so different (unlike Seeking Truth/The Mystic, which are very stylistically similar) that I'm going to sort of come up with something else. If there are blogs within the same canon that would get different ratings, I'm grouping them, splitting the scores, and then giving an overall score. For example, if Reposession and Life of the Damned (Just two blog titles I made up on the spot, feel free to use them) share a canon, you can rate Reposession +1 and Life of the Damned -1 if you so choose. Scores will look something like this:
Reposession/Life of the Damned (+3/-1 = +2)
The only thing I'm hesitant about is that this will make some blogs jump up or down too quickly, so I'm hoping that they'll be polarizing enough. If not, I guess I'll just have to split or merge the blogs instead of the compromise I have.

Omega, under this new rule, I'd like you to update the stuff on the, um, Crowverse. Reach, I'd like you to update your votes on the Delmont Blogs.

Mephisto, what exactly is The Scarecrow? I can't find it on Chase's list, unless you mean something else. This, people, is why you need to put in URLs for new blogs you add.

Omega wrote:
Clustersturgeon
I am using this word forever now.

Note: scores I still need to give but won't because I'm too lazy to edit in the URLs of blogs getting one vote:
The Scarecrow: +1 (If I learn what it is)
A Study in Purple/Bright Asylum (+2)
Anonymous here (-1)
Believe what you see (+0)
brighter than a spoon (+1)
Eccentrically Bored (+1)
Authoress Haven (+1)
Scared (-1)
Empty Eyes (-1)
Hallow Dreams (-1)
Something Awful (+0)
Crashing through Trees (+0)
It's All David's Fault (+1)
I Am Stardust (+0)
Records of Impossiblity (+0)
The Morning Hunter (+0)
Over My Shoulder (+1)

I'll also need to rework my posts on the Delmont Blogs completely. I think I've removed my votes, but...eh. I'll get around to that this afternoon. Working on reordering the list, should be done soon.

Um, "The Scarecrow Experiment" is listed in the first blog list of the post. I am actually revoking that point too because now that I look at the blog, it isn't the one I was thinking of. Does anyone know the name of the blog where the guy escapes from some sort of insane asylum where he was all doped up and takes to sleeping in ditches with his computer? That's the one I was thinking of.

ETA: Sorry, found it "Withdrawl" +1
Back to top Go down
SickSlickMan
Untainted

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 pm

H(a)unting (+0)

Not a negative for this blog, no, and here's my reason why:

Yes, it's a bad blog. The writing falls just short of how it should be. The characters have very little personality and they all feel the same, so much so that I could never keep track of who was writing. And Slender Man being best friend/protector is just not a storyline I would choose to go down and expect a positive result. My problem with it, however, stems not from that it doesn't grow, but that it doesn't allow itself to grow.

H(a)unting had/has the potential to be a truly great blog if it wanted to be, and what is causing it to suffer the most is the way it is written. Some entries are devouted to entire bits of nothingness, and the things that it SHOULD have entries on are cast aside. Important moments in time are completely ignored for the sake of telling a more present story, and it doesn't seem to realize that sometimes that length in exposition is exactly what it needs to grow.

There was an entry early on, the Timeline entry, where towards the end she mentions a time where she was set upon and attacked by a group of thugs, and Slender Man came to save her. That, to me, is interesting. As a reader, I WANT to know more about that scene. Who were these thugs? Why did they attack her? How far did they go with her? It's stuff like this that can define a character so much more than a brief description of an appearance can offer, and can be a point in a story where we both care for the character and for her progressing story.

H(a)unting is a story where its only real limit is the one it puts on itself, and unfortunately it seems to set too low of a bar. If the author actually allowed herself to give more attention to these crucial moments in a character's life, it would redefine how it sets itself. It would add depth, it would give a sense of reasoning behind them, would make us understand them a lot more than we do. If she just allowed herself to try, she could come up with something truly terrific. As it stands, her hindering of her characters and her apparent fear of expanding the plot points is making her the Stephanie Meyer of the Slenderverse, and that is a very poor position to be in. H(a)unting only hinders itself at the end of the day, and it does not try or is not willing to try to improve itself. It is a blog that does not seem to realize the potential it has and does not seem to want to reach it, and as a writer I find that so deliciously tragic.

Alright, that's said and done. Back to my paper I go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SickSilckMan?feature=mhum
Reach
Untainted
Reach

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 5:47 pm

+1 for Smiting the Gods and Make It Count, two new additions to the pantheon of Slonderbloogz that I worship.
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:53 am

A Really Bad Joke (+1) - As has been stated before by others, a great blog.

Upload Commencing (+0) - I see potential in it, but so far it hasn't got me entirely hooked. The whole computer idea is a neat one though.

The Morning Hunter (+1) - I would almost give this a +0, except for Morningstar. Most proxies are mindless drones, or spout out cryptic puzzles, Or GeNeRaLlY tYpE lIkE tHiS. Morningstar doesn't. Instead, he's a smart ass jerk, who views the Slender Man as his father and God. That's what I like, the other stuff is alright, but I reckon it probably wouldn't work if it was another character at the helm.

Delmonty Blogs
Time To Talk (+1), Get Your Game Face On (+0), The Eleventh Hour (+0)

Time to Talk is great, as I said over in the critiques thread. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I still haven't read GYGFO, and don't feel I can make a proper judgment of 'The Eleventh Hour' until I do.

Last edited by Shayde on Sun May 01, 2011 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add the Delmonty Blogs...)
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:27 pm

The lull in vlogs lately has reprompted my blog readingz.

Eden's World (+0) It has a good premises and plenty of room to grow in awesomeness, but I can't really get attached to the main character. Which makes me sad. I will check back on this blog in a month or 2 and see how it has improved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next