Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
alliterator
Observer

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 am

Quote :
Faded Giants (+1) Sci-fi Slendy and really good so far. I liked the references to the current blogs from the priest and the whole Church of the Thin Man is interesting. Hell, all of it is interesting. It's bloody good, I say.
Thank you. Writing a cyberpunk story is an interesting experience, especially since I love sci-fi but usually have a hard time writing it. I've finally updated the story, too, with a long-ish chapter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked

Current Win Points : 58

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Keep to the Trails : (-1) The storyline seems to have dropped off a bit and the recent posts are kind of terrible. There's a lack of character development and the posts between the two supposedly different people don't have any variation at all. The writer has lost her faith in producing something worth reading, and feels that maybe a second try might prove better if her storyline is more planned out. This blog will probably be deleted soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
future
Anxious

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Oh hi people, most of the people that has spoken to me through skype
knows that I despise slenderblogs( blogs overall for that part). But now
I have at least READ one of them myself. Which happens to be Dreams in
Darkness.
And oh my god I will never be able to follow this kind of shit- reading
through the comments of Damiens last blog-entry, I see comments from the
famous Zeke Strahm and Dr. Cairo.
Jesus Christ, crossover? Please no...
At least I know that slenderblogs isn't my cup of tea.
I'll just stick with the lovely slendervlogs. *desperately clings to Marble Hornets, sobbing*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dramatis.ning.com/
SickSlickMan
Untainted

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 pm

future wrote:
Darkness.
I'll just stick with the lovely slendervlogs. *desperately clings to Marble Hornets, sobbing*

*sigh* Useless post is useless. If you're gonna bitch about the blogs without actually contributing to the topic of which are good and which aren't, this ain't the thread in which to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SickSilckMan?feature=mhum
Thage the Minithulu
Observer

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:25 pm

future wrote:
Darkness.
Congrats! You've just posted a completely irrelevant post in a thread where people that actually read blogs can vote on their favorite blogs!

It's fine that you have a different opinion, but being a gigantic dick about it just because you prefer vlogs to blogs is the sort of bullshit we'd expect from Unforum, not Slender Nation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damien
Untainted

Current Win Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 pm

future wrote:
Darkness.

As the author of Dreams in Darkness I can tell you right now that it never once crossed over with any other blog (outside of it's companion blog, Watch This City Burn, obviously).

The comments on the final posts were simply other people In-Character comments. While I do recommend reading Strahm and Doc's blogs, they don't ever affect DiD's story. No crossovers at all (unless you include The Mystic's investigation which is really a sidestory). IC-Comments are a fully different beast from a crossover *nods*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dejavudreamer.blogspot.com
zero
Stalked

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:31 am

I'm so desperately trying not to take this straight to flamewars.

To Future:

You posted for no other reason than to flame blogs at all, showed no insight to anything, are obviously illread in the blogosphere, and yet maintain a completely undeserved air of superiority.

You read ONE BLOG, and bitch about crossovers. What the hell? DiD was a solo story, with the only a few stray comments from people that might be considered recognizable. Also, you have no idea what goes on in the blogosphere, only a catchphrase that people on UF bitch about, and decided to do some trolling.

I could get it if say, you bitched about my 2nd blog, which was crossovers a plenty, but to insult DiD. You didn't give it a chance, you went into it with your pretentious nature fixated tightly on trashing it.

Congrats on completely missing the point.

You know what.

Fuck you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:57 am

Future, you really should've read the rules of this thread. Just coming in and complaining about the "crossover" because another character commented on the blog, and missing the point of the entire DiD story, and not even voting proper is not the way to go about things here. You're entitled to your opinion, but you should be more open-minded before going into something you're already biased about.

And to re-rail this thread, I'm putting down some votes.

SeekingTruth: (+1) Zeke's depiction was down pat to me. I could feel him being a realistic character doing his job and going through the day to day parts of his life. Lizzie was a great support character, and the events that unfolded toward the end left me empathetic and really feeling for Zeke and the pain from losing someone he so dearly cared about. The writing was well done, and the story was genuine.

Dreams In Darkness: (+1) I really liked how it started out. Damien was a great and lovable character in my opinion. The story had me from the get-go, and I spent an entire day reading this all the way through, with little to no interruptions. Of course, the ending is famous and it caught me off guard completely. Mindscrew-a-plenty.

IN MY HEAD: (+0) This was the first Slenderblog I read. The story was relatively short, but had constant updates as I'd expect from someone who was heavily Slenderstalked from the beginning. The ending disappointed me mainly because of how it came out of nowhere and cut off abruptly(since the blog writer ended it), but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

The Watcher: (+1) Started out as a basic Slenderblog, Slendy watching him but he didn't know much of him. Then the more he learns, the more "The Watcher" shows more signs of activity. With a few encounters and a "BRB BASEBALL BAT", building up to the ending of where he's taken was at least interesting. I'd of never saw the ending coming in a million years, nor had I busted my ass off laughing when seeing the Slender Rave video. A great one for comedic purposes.

Just Another Fool: (+0) When I read it I thought the whole Yggdrasil concept was interesting, seeing as I'm a sucker for old mythologies. As far as characters went, I never could feel for Logan or Joshua. The story ended unfinished, much to disappointment, but I wondered if it occurred to the others who got the notes to start up their own Slenderblogs/vlogs/stories to continue on with what the potential they were given.

The Tutorial(Pre-M return): (+0) It wasn't half bad, but it shouldn't be considered a "tutorial" of any sorts. It's moreso his guidelines than a safety tutorial. Nonetheless, a fairly interesting story, but nothing that stuck to me.

I'm going to catch up again on some of the blogs that I meant to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosGamma
Observer

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Take the Myth: (+1) from (+0) aaaaannnnddd dammit, the latest post one before the latest post has finally forced me into admitting that I do, in fact, really like this blog.

23 Seconds (+1) After finally deciding that I should just read the damn thing 'cause it's not going to get any shorter... I found it to be really damn good. There are a few points on which I'm not entirely clear what happened, but I think works alright considering what they're having to deal with (unless of course it's just me, I find it hard to tell sometimes). I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Blank Space (+0) I like how this one is going so far, think I'll reserve my vote until actual Slendy-happenings start to occur. But again, I think it's doing all right at the moment.

Ravens and Writing Desks (+0) Not very long yet. I shall hold off on my vote.

The Rules (-1) I don't know, just... something about this one I don't particularly enjoy. Since I have yet to read Paranormal Log, there may be something I'm missing, but the really infrequent posts and the really long time it took during Tensor's 'Heel Face Turn' storyline just didn't seem right. And her parts tying into Morningstar's current storyline aren't nearly as interesting as his.

This is not a blog (+1) Not much I can think to say about this one. I just rather like it.

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? (+0) Not a whole lot in it really. Doesn't even really add a whole lot to 'This is not a blog''s story, I don't think. Seeing as what's happened to Wolf lately I'm not sure if it's going to be updated anymore.

Venting Hate (+1) & Forever My Sarah (+1) I do quite like these two, though I'm not entirely sure what the hell is going on. Are there more blogs that are connected to these?

Typing (-1) Eh, I just don't know...

And one I've just kind of ignored for a while, but may as well throw it in here as well...
Empty Mind, Blank Face (-1) None of her posts are more than maybe 3-4 sentences, very beige prose, and as a result it's really not at all fun to read. And I get kind of a gamejacky vibe from a lot of stuff she does. The split personality really doesn't have a purpose, and neither of the characters really seems to have much of a personality in the first place. All in all... I don't like it.

And now, so that I may more easily keep track of what I have and have not voted on already:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alder
Observer

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Damn, ChaosGamma, you're a MACHINE.

Anyway, Schrodenger's blog: +1. Interested the hell out of me. Also, Safety Dance. Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Kashi
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:26 pm

A Really Bad Joke: +1. I really like the way he writes, one half looking like he's just documenting something and the other one looking like a normal Runner.

I am Stardust: +1. Right now, I'm wondering if we will end seeing some crossover to the Cthulhu mythos, or something like that.

Ravens and Writing Desks: +0. Still new, but it's good so far. Time will see what will become of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oracleofmadness.blogspot.com
prolificSpork
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:28 pm

o 3o

+1 the fug out of Faded Giants.

That is all.

And previous votes ;_;
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RumorsofMyDemise
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:44 pm

+1 to Just Another Fool. The first Slenderblog, people, why has it not been given proper props?!

+1 to Fabulous because it is exactly that.

+1 to Hiking Fiend because it tried out a more violent Slendy and it worked.

None to Seeking Truth because must quell Tom's ego

IMEANWHAT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allan Assiduity
Observer

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:57 pm

+1 to Don't Shoot the Messenger

+1 to Return to Slender - This is great stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LisaEvermore
Taken

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Next super short round:

I'll See You In Hell: 0
This blog has a really interesting plot. I really like plots that are not typical and I really wanted this blog to take this unique plot and run as fucking far as possible with it, bit starts strong then fizzles for awhile like a wet firecracker. Then sudden explosion and I got all excited for a second before it returned to fizzing. I hate it for fizzing but I love it for the vicious side of humanity that is explored alongside Slender Man.

introvertedbird: +1
If there was something higher than a +1, I would. +100. This blog is amazing. It is so mature in its style. It is from a 36 year old woman of an abusive husband that she may or may not have attempted to kill. At first I worried at the protective nature of Slendy, but it never moved into Abducted Flowers-esqu, but just stays in the sort of grey area that I adore. Really good writing, believable characters and I'll be damned if this author isn't as old/or close to 36 because she is easily believable as being that age.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
Stumblr
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:50 am

Candy Hearts n Cigarettes -1 I have not read a blog like this in a long time. The writing has improved slightly over time, but it still has a long way to go. There is little, if any, plot, and it's riddled with drunk posts and cliches. The one redeeming quality is that it beings back Slendy and children. Though the kids are faceless, but hey, it's unique.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:53 am

All right, people, I'll try updating the list tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
Lero
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Just going to dash in and negate the +1 on my own blog.
-1 Record (It was mine and I was very disappointed with the way I did things. Half of the research I did for it was never used. If I ever learn how to make plans, I may go back to it. For now, though, it is not comparable to other +1 blogs.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InheritTheEarth
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Attached: -1
This isn't going to be very nice, but I think it's necessary.

Let's see. It begins with a half-Japanese half-white girl who lives and was born in America yet has a completely Japanese name. I can tell it's a Slenderblog right off the bat, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Also, her friend is a pot-and-crack smoking cop? Please. The police don't just hire anybody. Ever smoke or been around someone who smokes? The smell sticks to you, and they can figure out if you've been smoking by testing your hair.

As for her "batman fetish", I don't think she knows what fetish means.

In her second post, there's a lot of transphobia and I don't think she realizes that yes, it hurts for a woman to be kicked there as well (there's a BONE there for crying out loud).

Also, it really isn't too smart to put your name out on the internet and then talk about how much pot you smoke, how your friend smokes crack, and how you deal to your boss.

(If this is waaay too harsh and/or inflammatory, I can edit it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heysokol.blogspot.com/2013/04/an-introduction-of-sorts.ht
Konaa
Observer

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 pm

+1 to Return to Slender: you guys know how to keep it classy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
Dazed
Untainted

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

+1 Seeking Truth/The Mystic

+1 Dreams in Darkness

+1 Make it Count.

+1 Deja vu Dreamer/MaleOrderMan

+1 The Tutorial.

+1 A Really Bad Joke

+1 A hint of serendipity/Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man.

+1 Just Another Fool

+1 Risk

+1 Upload Commencing

+1 Fabulous

+1 Slenderbloggins

+1 Little Lion Man

+1 Origin of Simulation

+1 Return to Slender

+1 23 Seconds

+1 Observe and Terminate

Sorry if the list is pretty long. >.<;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unspoken
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:09 am

Ok, I guess I should do this, just a few to start off with.

A hint of serendipity etcetc +1 Zero's blog was the first one I encountered, and to be honest, I was probably spoiled.

Just another Fool +1
The original Slenderblog? Not at the top of the list? Shameful...

Seeking Truth +1 Zeke is a great character.

Strike the Set +1 I actually think I love Maurice. Half the time I can't work out if I should hate him or pity him or just read more of him.

Breeze in a Monochrome Night +1 I love the balance between music and writing in that blog.

Insomniac Lullaby +1 It's interesting, seeing the interplay between Dollmaker and Melissa.

Wheels within Wheels +1 For such a short blog, it is terrifying to read.

Floccinaucinihilipilification +1 I don't know why I like schrody so much, but it always makes me smile.

Take the Myth +1 I adore the two of them, they are fantastic characters who feel human.

Vivere Disce: +1 I do love the story in this blog, but this post is what made me upvote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenofinsanity6
Untainted

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:44 pm

A Really Bad Joke +1: Can't believe I forgot to upvote this last time. Maduin does crazy new things, and they work. I love the juxtaposition of the very calm and collected blog with the growing hysteria in the voice posts.

Dreams in Darkness/Deja vu Dreamer: +1 DiD is one of the definitive Slenderblogs, and DvD has carried that on very well. They are beautiful and amazing and I really can't say enough things about how much I love the Dreamerverse.

Don't Shoot the Messenger +1: I'm really fond of well executed Proxy blogs, especially the kind where the proxy is a likeable human being, and if DStM didn't pioneer that, it certainly set the standard to which all others aspire

Floccinauccinihiphiliification +1: Before I found this one, I would have said a Slenderblog shouldn't be known for making people smile, but I would have been wrong, and this blog proves why that is.

My Half of Life +1: Like I said, I love a well written proxy blog, and Atalanta is a new take on the breed. I'm expecting good things from her.

Now I Shall Know You Again +1: I don't remember seeing this one on the rankings, and that seems like a shame. There was a few points where this one got a little rocky, but I loved this because the author has a knack for taking what ought to be campy plot developments (the girl and Hyde to name a couple) and making them work. It's finished now, but still well worth the read

Return to Slender +1: Aside from simply being a brilliant idea, the unique voices of all the characters and watching them fight and flirt and work together really makes this blog shine. Plus, the Loop arc was amazing. I was genuinely terrified for them, and the characters' terror shone through beautifully.

Strike the Set +1: I don't know whether to hug Maurice or punch him in the face, and I love it!

The Bright Conundrum +1: Words cannot express how much I adore Hylo, the main character. She's so real and vibrant and three dimensional. The plot is good, the writing and pacing are brilliant, but what really makes this blog shine is a girl named Hylo who loves musicals and waffles and is simultaneously bewildered by the insanity of the world and determined to get through it.

Vivere Disce +1: All the work she's done on those tomes alone is enough to get this ranking, as they're well made and thought provoking, but she has a brilliant story to go along with it. Rather long, but well worth the read.

Just Another Fool -1: Yes. You read that right. I know that it's one of the first blogs, but the way it ended left a bad taste in my mouth, and after reading the author's explanation of what the plot was supposed to be, I'm inclined to think that only the legendary status of the blog makes people remember this as fondly as they do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:31 pm

unspoken wrote:
Ok, I guess I should do this, just a few to start off with.

A hint of serendipity etcetc +1 Zero's blog was the first one I encountered, and to be honest, I was probably spoiled.

you humble me, thank you for your kind words, truly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prolificSpork
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Also +1 to A Sleepless Night.

That is all.

Previous votes:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile