Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
LisaEvermore
Taken

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:40 pm

SEESME -1
I liked the basic idea of the blog and the way it started out, but the lack of overall plot and the sudden drop made it uncool. Plus, there was nothing to really denote it as a "Slenderblog" in any way save for the last post and the internet search of "faceless" and "man in a suit"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Okay, a few things quickly: Quetz is now working on the list as well. However, as there's no real way to edit the first post, there is a Google document that we'll be editing that we can copy/paste into the first post. This is an announcement: anyone wishing to be part of a small team dedicated to editing this document can be given the link. Keep in mind that it's a lot of work and dedication, though.

Anyway, for some more votes.

Chasing the Night: +0. I'm looking forward to this one, but I can't really judge yet since it's pretty new.

Crasshing through Trees: -1 from +0. The Glass Man is unlikable, the story is incomprehensible, and I really can't bring myself to care. At all.

Forever is a Long Time: +0. Found this blog through Shroedingr. It was two posts long and I can't remember a thing about it.

Mr. Collector: +0. It's a good concept in some ways, but the character feels a bit bland. We know that he likes killing, but we're not told why. You've got my attention, but show me, don't tell me. That, combined with a sort of unrealistic body count makes it hard to think of as anything other than fiction. Creative, but it breaks the willing suspension of disbelief and is too minimalistic for me to give it a +1.

Observe and Terminate: +0 from +1. It's not a bad blog, and it started off really interesting. But it's just gotten too convoluted and is stuck in a perpetual state of "We have low finances and still can't kill the Slender Man" and it feels like nothing's happened in a long time.

Once: +1. It was a wonderful blog. HOWEVER. I do have a few minor complaints. I feel like it's a concept that would have worked better as a blog completely unrelated to the Slender Man. Also, the intentionally terrible beginning was still terrible and made it hard to get to the good parts. Though I did enjoy reading the Critic's comments. And finally, pacing was a bit off. But yeah, would have worked better as a project completely unrelated to the Slender Man, but it's still a great work.

Pre-memoires of a Gillionaire: +0. I dunno. I don't really like the protagonist and the story hasn't really kicked off yet, but it doesn't seem bad enough to pass judgment on it yet.

The craziest hatter alive: -1. Erm...no. Wonderland parallels have already been done better, the writer is attempting to gamejack his way into several major stories, and he's letting other people write his metaphors for him (consequently turning Slendy into a crossdresser). Just...no.

The Oracle of Madness: +0. I'm hesitant about it. It's too early to tell.

Three Chances: +0 from +1. GO SOMEWHERE.

Take the Myth: ...okay, this is the part where I go on a rant a bit. Let me start by giving it a +0, and then explaining why.

By the time I started reading this blog, it had already shot up to Slenderfame. It was the fastest trending blog that I think we've had in this thread. I went into it expecting some good things, and I was immensely overwhelmed. It's not a bad blog at all. But it's mediocre. I really don't get what people like about this blog.

I've heard a lot of things. Is it the originality? What's original about it? Other blogs have done notebooks, and done them better. And a character finds out about the Slender Man and starts researching him? What current characters haven't done that, onscreen or off?

Is it the characters? I just can't find them compelling. I can't identify with them, and nothing seems to really bother them. It's always "Oh, Slendy's outside my window. That sucks." Even when Elaine got attacked by Wolf, she bounced right back like the whole thing was just a minor inconvenience. Is it the realism? I don't see anything particularly realistic (for the genre) that sets it apart from other blogs.

Which brings me to the plot. There's not conflict. Like I said, the most conflict has been Wolf attacking Elaine. Slendy hasn't even done anything other than standing there...menacingly. There's not even any direction. There have been maybe five posts that either drive the plot or have any sort of purpose.

I don't know. It's not a bad blog by any means. It's written by someone who can actually, you know, write. But I can't think of a single reason to upvote it. I have no idea how a blog like this is in Slenderfame, and I'm really worried that there's some major bias toward it since people talk about it in the creator circles. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone but it's...just nothing all that special. I have no fucking clue how it's in Slenderfame.

*goes away, comes back to edit the post a bit soon*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
Kashi
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:09 pm

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
The Oracle of Madness: +0. I'm hesitant about it. It's too early to tell.

That, and I'm a lazy bastard, for real.

Anyways, the link for The Oracle's Final Haven is in my signature... I think o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oracleofmadness.blogspot.com
Delmonty
Untainted

Current Win Points : 51

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:09 am

Hey guys I'm back after over twenty pages of updates-OOPS. Lemme just add my two cents on some more blogs because I've been meaning to...

A Wand and a Prayer- +1
A Really Bad Joke- +1
Clockwork Heart- +0 (still unsure of how to feel about it even though I love Thage)
Make it Count- +1
The Morning Hunter- +1
I'll See You In Hell- +1
Fabulous- +1
It's All David's Fault- +1

I think that's all of them....also, is there any chance the Delmont blogs will stop being under Recounting any time soon? >.>;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unspoken
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Here's the link to Insomniac Lullaby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ecopper
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Putting my blog here, along with a +0 if that's okay.

Slender (Faceless Horrors)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elevator_child
Untainted

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Just finished reading The Supreme Diaries and it's a definite +1. I love the writing style, the main character's interesting, and the tags in particular give it a really unsettling feeling. Definitely original and creepy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ali-timeoutofmind.blogspot.com/
projectrallus
Untainted

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm

"His Collection" should actually be "Mr. Collector" and its URL is http://www.hiscollector.tumblr.com OR http://www.hiscollector.co.cc (This URL is a redirect that for some reason works better than putting the actual address in on some mobile web browsers.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kay
Untainted

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:03 am

Changing the Knight Errant from 1 to 0. This blog seemed to be doing fun things but went and just kind of fizzled out. Nothing bad, just nothing great like I was hoping.

This is not a blog 0 I see absolutely nothing special here. I have no idea what people are raving about.

White Elephants -1 For two reasons. First being that in the past few months, Robert's writing turned boring. Nothing fun, nothing special, just bragging about how amazing he was while doing absolutely nothing to be amazing. That alone would not be enough for a rating of -1 until we reach my second reason. Kelsey Khaos, otherwise known as KK, otherwise known as WE's new author. I have no idea what is going through the author's head, but there is nothing good being put on the blog right now. I tried very very hard to give her a real chance as she is apparently a completely different author then Robert as well as brand new to the Slenderverse, but her most recent post put me over the edge.

Make It Count 0 It's a fantastically well written blog, but the dialogue has always been too Buffy for my preferences. I have never found it realistic that a teenager like Celie always has the perfect snarky comeback no matter how unlikely or terrifying the situation might be. Add in that lately things have gotten fairly dull and it seems to be losing a lot of what made it a fun and unique read.

It's All David's Fault 0 Again another blog that while it was decent I don't see what the fuss is about.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kay on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CuteWithoutThe
Watched

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:41 pm

H(a)unting,

----> negatised (is that even a word? fuck it, it sounds awesome, I'm using it) by one.

Horrible, horrible shit.

And, yknow, it had promise, it really did. Just like how Twilight had promise.

And is it me, but are the people who comment on the blog idiots or something? I mean, I'm not perfect at spelling, but Jesus Christ, guys.

oh, and I don't EVER want The Fear Mythos associated with this sort of shit. This was already far too close in the first place, and anything more will piss me off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hakurei Ryuu
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:12 pm

DaLadyBugMan wrote:

Take the Myth:

I don't know. It's not a bad blog by any means. It's written by someone who can actually, you know, write. But I can't think of a single reason to upvote it. I have no idea how a blog like this is in Slenderfame, and I'm really worried that there's some major bias toward it since people talk about it in the creator circles. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone but it's...just nothing all that special. I have no fucking clue how it's in Slenderfame.

This. So very much this.

The author of Take the Myth is indeed an awesome person, and an awesome writer as well, but if we all had the same number of upvotes as we had readers/followers, we'd all be in slenderfame by now.

People vote on what they're reading currently, and TtM is the current thing, I think. I upvoted it because I can see a lot of potential there, and so have many others. But temporary popularity should not equal fame, methinks. For example, I consider White Elephants much more of a must-read for the 'verse, even though the quality has shot WAY down, simply because of how much it changed the way we all write and changed the mythos as a whole. TtM hasn't... done anything. Yet, anyway. I'm certain it could, given time. But fame shouldn't be preemptive, y'know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lero
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Reading these recent things makes me realize my votes are invalid because I have no basis for anything. I want them cancelled out (except the downvote on my own blog, I've got infinite reasons for that).
I compiled a list of my votes (not including the few +0s):
+1 Don't Shoot the Messenger
+1 Take the Myth
+1 Little Lion Man
+1 Return to Slender
+1 Strike the Set
+1 Floccinaucinihilipilification
+1 A Lack of Lexicon
-1 Caligo Cotidie
-1 Fermented Friends
+1 Now I Shall Know You Again
+1 Records of an Impossibility
+1 Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man
+1 Seeking Truth/The Mystic
+1 Make It Count
+1 Smiting the Gods
+1 I See the Moon
+1 Dreams in Darkness/Deja vu Dreamer
+1 Origin of Simulation
+1 World That Never Was
+1 Hiking Fiend
+1 The Tutorial
+1 Ichthyological
+1 I'll See You in Hell
+1 A New Blog That's Not Mine
+1 Adam's Epic Blog
+1 Slenderbloggins
-1 Why Are You Running
-1 Just Another Fool
-1 Upload Commencing
-1 No Escape From Reality
-1 Breaker
-1 H(a)unting
They should all be changed to +0 because I can't judge anything. I just do as I see others doing. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spazz
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 pm

But that's the point, isn't it? Really, an upvote from me is something that's really more... tangible. It's a chance. You don't use it, you lose it. So rather than setting new standards, maybe it's instrumental to stress that it's perfectly okay to change your votes. I tend to go into blogs I find here with a grain of salt. So what if it's downvoted or upvoted or whatever?

It's fine to hold comparisons, but you should really read a blog as what it is; something that is fairly popular at the moment, nothing more, nothing less.

Alrighty, I'm off. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SykeInsider
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Hakurei Ryuu wrote:
DaLadyBugMan wrote:

Take the Myth:

This. So very much this.

The author of Take the Myth is indeed an awesome person, and an awesome writer as well, but if we all had the same number of upvotes as we had readers/followers, we'd all be in slenderfame by now.

People vote on what they're reading currently, and TtM is the current thing, I think. I upvoted it because I can see a lot of potential there, and so have many others. But temporary popularity should not equal fame, methinks. For example, I consider White Elephants much more of a must-read for the 'verse, even though the quality has shot WAY down, simply because of how much it changed the way we all write and changed the mythos as a whole. TtM hasn't... done anything. Yet, anyway. I'm certain it could, given time. But fame shouldn't be preemptive, y'know?
Personally, what I think makes TtM special is the level of interaction and the nature of the interaction between Elaine, Cam, Jake, and the Slenderverse as a whole. Nothing pivotal or innovative has come of it, not yet...but there is potential there, and if Elaine ever decided to make TtM full-on ARG she'd have an enormous amount of people thriving around her to do it. And that would just plan be amazing.

So yeah. I agree that TtM isn't hugely impressive yet, but I think that what makes it special is the interaction between it's characters and the Slenderverse. That's my opinion in a nutshell, and why I upvoted it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ryans
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Ok Even tho i'm against doing this i'll up vote a few of the blogs I want to support and actually enjoy.

O&T +1
Ex's records +1

First blog +1

Caligo Cotidie +1

Origin of Stimulation +1

RTS +1

The resolve +1

Equivocal Inquiry +1

and stalking horse..................ok maybe not stalking horse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiker
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Just tossing my own Blog in here to get it on the chart

Working Class Dad +0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DFW
Observer

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Previous votes
Spoiler:

new votes:
+1 The Tutorial
+1 Seeking Truth/Mystic
+1 Dirgeoftheearth
+1 Hiscollector

Imma expand on my new votes later prolly but I need to post quick as I am busy :B
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spazz
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 am

Hey, guys, just going to put this one out there.
Unremarkable +0. I need to see where this is going.
I have to admit, I DO know the person who makes this VERY well. But it makes me laugh, and I have a feeling Russell is going to flip his shit when, for lack of a better way to say, shit hits the fan. Worth watching, in any case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dazed
Untainted

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 pm

+1 dirgeofthearth. It's a concept that's pretty difficult to pull off, and it's impressive that they're managing to pull it off as well as they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InheritTheEarth
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Take the Myth: -1
Couldn't really get into it; I honestly found it pretty dull. In addition, nothing. . Important ever happens, it seems. Sure, proxies attack, but the heroes heroically fight them off and the proxies run away in terror and the heroes continue being happy, well-adjusted people.

There's a lot of blogs like this, but TTM is the only one I can think of off the bat right now, and it's probably one of the most popular like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heysokol.blogspot.com/2013/04/an-introduction-of-sorts.ht
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah, I should maybe mention that, due to circumstances that those of you who know understand, I'm not going to be continuing updating the Slenderblog Vs. Slanderblog thread, since it takes too much time. A group of people should maybe get together and, if you want to continue this, figure out how you're going to do this. Since you'll probably need multiple people to run it. It's a big task now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
Alder
Observer

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm amazed you lasted this long.

So thanks for your efforts so far, mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Allan Assiduity
Observer

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:13 pm

As someone who has voiced interest in Slender versus Slander before, I think it would be wise to either (i) siphon it into it's own topic, or (ii) make a Skype group for it. Things that need to be discussed:

a) Reforming the voting system. Several members have voiced some complaints with the current system, and a new one should be created.
b) Do we start with a clean slate on SvS? If we're revamping the voting system, this is an automatic "yes".
c) How will we manage this, if we have multiple people working on it? Dropbox/Google Docs?

So, yes. Does this need it's own thread? If not, add me on Skype (allanassiduity) and send me a message you're interested, and we'll see if we can work out what we'll do with SvS from here.

If you're okay with all of this, Andy?

-edit-
But, yeah. Well done for lasting as long as you have! You've done more then we could have asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MysteryC
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Allan Assiduity wrote:
As someone who has voiced interest in Slender versus Slander before, I think it would be wise to either (i) siphon it into it's own topic, or (ii) make a Skype group for it. Things that need to be discussed:

a) Reforming the voting system. Several members have voiced some complaints with the current system, and a new one should be created.
b) Do we start with a clean slate on SvS? If we're revamping the voting system, this is an automatic "yes".
c) How will we manage this, if we have multiple people working on it? Dropbox/Google Docs?

So, yes. Does this need it's own thread? If not, add me on Skype (allanassiduity) and send me a message you're interested, and we'll see if we can work out what we'll do with SvS from here.

If you're okay with all of this, Andy?

-edit-
But, yeah. Well done for lasting as long as you have! You've done more then we could have asked.

I suggest that all Slenderblogs should be listed as soon as they are discovered, even if they have no votes, simply so people can find them and develop their love or hate of it. Get rid of the 0 vote, and if possible institute an up or down vote through clicking which would save anyone having to edit the list more than to simply add new links. Though I'm not sure how to accomplish the latter. If we could do this however, we would pretty much have to start with a blank slate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://warpintheweave.blogspot.com/
Allan Assiduity
Observer

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:32 pm

That sort of system would require custom coding, which I, for one, cannot do.

A text-based system is the best option, even if it is the most labour intensive. The current system allows people to make comments with their votes, and I know that people here have appreciated the comments they find on this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Today at 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: