Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
chasechan2050
Observer

Current Win Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/23/2011, 21:51

(Psst, Andy, Hard Times Like This is the Livejournal account that I have as Lena Last Time X.x; I'll change it now :3

Link: http://lena-lastminute.livejournal.com/)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chasechan2050.tumblr.com
zero
Stalked

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/24/2011, 08:47

*stagger*

I forgot to vote against breaker!

Breaker -1

no parody retcon allowed

Breeze in monochrome NIGHT +1
The Universe Inside My Head +1

anyone that donates their time and talent to the mythos should be recognized

Exilis Veritas +1

*boggle* Unrelated to EV up there, what would you guys say if I said there's a blog on my list that I don't remember adding?

It's that Majora's Mask thing all over again, cept it's on Blogger!

Blogger is alive and it wants your blood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/24/2011, 09:08

Zero, got a link for the MM on Blogger?

And I'll do my voting when I read more blogs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glomple
Untainted

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/24/2011, 13:26

+1 for Breaker. The PM was experimenting with doing something completely different, and he/she was the first to really experiment that drastically. Take it for the experimental value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/24/2011, 15:31

Glomple wrote:
+1 for Breaker. The PM was experimenting with doing something completely different, and he/she was the first to really experiment that drastically. Take it for the experimental value.

See, this proves how subjective all this can be. Most people would call Breaker the worst piece of slendercrap ever written. But this is a genuine reason to like it, or at very least, say that it did something for the mythos.

Anyway, finished Copper and Chrome. I'm gonna go with -1. You deserve it if your character has tentacles. Which the Slender Man cut out of your back with a box cutter. And then kicked you in the gut.

I've also finished Slender School. I'm also giving this one a -1, just because the guy's kind of vain. He seems to think that he's Robert's (Hero) and that his NAMBLA NAPPA association thing is the best thing that could have happened to the mythos. Also, if you're going to give a "history," make sure it's not in-depth at all, and don't bother actually researching the "facts" you're putting in. Who cares if the Paranormal Pictures thread on SA wasn't actually a contest that Victor Surge won? And hey, nobody will care if you refer to Fizzbomb as male, right? You're still a trustworth source, right?

Next up are Anomalous Data and Observe and Terminate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/24/2011, 21:18

Zander wrote:
Zero, got a link for the MM on Blogger?

And I'll do my voting when I read more blogs.

none that i know of, i was saying that blogger might've come alive, and started messing with the blogs i read, as that MM cartridge did

though if I had to guess at a MM blog, i'd say it was obvious

imgladyoudidthat.blogger.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/24/2011, 21:57

[quote="DaLadyBugMan"]
Glomple wrote:
I've also finished Slender School. I'm also giving this one a -1, just because the guy's kind of vain. He seems to think that he's Robert's (Hero) and that his NAMBLA NAPPA association thing is the best thing that could have happened to the mythos. Also, if you're going to give a "history," make sure it's not in-depth at all, and don't bother actually researching the "facts" you're putting in. Who cares if the Paranormal Pictures thread on SA wasn't actually a contest that Victor Surge won? And hey, nobody will care if you refer to Fizzbomb as male, right? You're still a trustworth source, right?

I gotta say, as I'm reading this blog, it's not as bad as you're making it out. Yes he's making goofs, and such, but in a way it reminds me of mine, the story is sort of meh, but nothing irritating so far. He's making an honest effort I think to tell his story.

so far I give it a +0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/24/2011, 23:00

[quote="zero"]
DaLadyBugMan wrote:
Glomple wrote:

I gotta say, as I'm reading this blog, it's not as bad as you're making it out. Yes he's making goofs, and such, but in a way it reminds me of mine, the story is sort of meh, but nothing irritating so far. He's making an honest effort I think to tell his story.

so far I give it a +0

Yes, I will admit that I am, in fact, sort of biased against it. It's more redeemable than most blogs out there, and it's not horribly written, but the whole proxy thing gets me against it. And hey, if it is good enough, the positive points will outweigh the negative.

Andy
Back to top Go down
quofomo
Watched

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/26/2011, 23:00

+1 NOW YOU KNOW
Most of the posts are pretty long, but they are so descriptive and captivating to me. I really enjoy this blog; I think it has some real potential.

+ 1 Clockwork Crow
This blog has finally gained some followers. Branwen is a likable character with a few proxie-ish figures bothering her and her friends. Connected to:

+ 0 The Idyllic Clone
I like this blog, but it's been getting a little confusing lately.

+1 Make it Count
I just love this blog. So much. BUT I SWEAR, IF IT GETS TANGLED UP IN CORE THEORY I WILL GRR.

+ 1 Why are you running?
Hey, I got a laugh from it. :3

+ 1 Forgotten Throne
I'm a chosen, I feel obligated to say I like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://quofomo.tumblr.com
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 01:01

Okay. I'm giving Anomalous Data a +1. It wasn't as good as I expected, but I really liked the tone and concept behind it. Jay wasn't exactly likable, but that was the point...he was cold-hearted and didn't care what other people thought of him.

Testing 1, 2, 3 I'm giving +0. It's not bad, but it just wasn't all that engaging for me. It maybe could have been a +1, but I think that the typos/spelling errors and the slightly painful-to-the-eyes blog layout were enough reason to bring it down just that last little bit.

Search and Reveal is a -1. He wakes up with no memory (gee, never seen that one before, except for those two or three other blogs), then decides that he's going to try to experiment on the Slender Man by setting up a decoy and testing symbols. Even if it were well-written, it's more or less a way to set up some sort of canon. So far, all the blog has been is "this symbol has this effect on the Slender Man." It's not scary, it's not intelligent, and it's trying to establish canon.

Da Watcha is one that I...I actually think I'm giving it a +1. I don't even know what it is, and it's no masterpiece, but it managed the shift from horror to comedy that H(a)unting attempted, just because it's clear from the last posts that he's either given up and is purposefully wifin', or that he's completely insane. It's a very hesitant +1, but I think it's a +1 for me.
Back to top Go down
elevator_child
Untainted

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 02:55

Popping back in here with a good half of my blog list:

+1 for A hint of serendipity. Pretty much an institution at this point, and pretty well written overall if a bit oddly paced in spots.

+0 They Call Us Keepers/variations thereupon. It's not poorly written or wifin' precisely, but I'm not a great fan of the direction it takes the mythos, and in the past some parts have been kind of narmy and unrealistic.

+1 A Really Bad Joke. Except this is kind of slipping because, come on Maduin, would it kill you to update?

-1 The London Librarian. I really liked the beginning, but like Andy said above, there were SO MANY UPDATES and it got pretty unrealistic...I'm not a fan of the whole jet-setting action hero defeating the villain at every turn plot, and I actually got mad and stopped reading when Ava went to Cairo. It seemed a bit co-opty to me, but maybe I'm overly sensitive. And, like I mentioned, I stopped reading a while ago so it may have gotten better, but from what I hear it's just...really not for me.

-1 Paranormal Log. Superpowers = not what I'm interested in reading about. Also the writer seems to be a bit of a gamejacker- not in a huge way, but it bothers me that he comments constantly during major arcs in other blogs talking about himself.

-1 for Breaker. I wouldn't be that excited about such a drastic, bizarre blog even if it weren't really wildly egotistical and poorly written.

+1 for Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. I wasn't sure how I felt about this one at first, but it's doing a pretty good job of straddling the line between informational blog and actual slenderblog. Plus I like Scott, I think he's an original character.

+0 Breeze in MonochromeNIGHT. I love, love, love the music, and Hoso deserves a lot of credit for composing such beautiful stuff, but the constant despair and low self-esteem actually doesn't make for a very compelling story. I see so much potential in this blog and I really hope it picks up soon.

+1 Exilis Veritas. I love some of the stuff this blog is doing (the looped apartment stuff especially, which is actually chilling) but dislike the massive ammounts of proxy interaction. That's canceled out by how likeable Chester and Vieve are as characters, though.

+0 Para-not-so-normal. I feel like this would be a +1 if it didn't feel a bit rushed. Parts of it are really fantastic and I feel like if the revelation that Fizz was actually just as scared as everyone else hadn't come so soon, it'd be one of my favorite blogs...similarly, I kind of wish it had ended when Fizz went off into the mountains. It sort of went downhill for me when she came back.

+1 Testing 1, 2, 3. It feels a bit rushed but I actually really liked Shaun's character, and if you read through his comments on The Tutorial and Icthyological it makes for a much more fulfilling experience. That said I wish there weren't so many abandoned plot threads.

+1 Icthyological, on that note. I liked the character and the blog was paced really well, and the ending was a genuine tearjerker.

+0 The Tutorial. I'm actually not sure how I feel about this blog- on the one hand, it's so influential and reasonably well written overall...on the other hand I feel like it's only well-known because of timing, and it could be a lot better for all the attention it gets. I feel like at least part of it was the insane ammount of pressure put on M as his blog got more famous, but still, it started out ok and never really progressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ali-timeoutofmind.blogspot.com/
altiumvidetur
Anxious

Current Win Points : 68

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 19:16

Stop me if this sounds like a terrible idea but.. what if we, in the spirit of tonights Academy awards, created, say, Slenderblog awards-- we vote on different blogs about different aspects of each blog. Like having a "Scariest blog" category, "Best Character", "Most interactive", "Most realistic", "Most well-written", "Best use of mixed media"... The point would not be a popularity contest but more a way of cataloguing the blogs according to their strengths..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thage the Minithulu
Observer

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 19:43

altiumvidetur wrote:
Stop me if this sounds like a terrible idea but.. what if we, in the spirit of tonights Academy awards, created, say, Slenderblog awards-- we vote on different blogs about different aspects of each blog. Like having a "Scariest blog" category, "Best Character", "Most interactive", "Most realistic", "Most well-written", "Best use of mixed media"... The point would not be a popularity contest but more a way of cataloguing the blogs according to their strengths..
That's not fair because Breaker would win them all. /trollface
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 21:30

I'd say that'd be a good idea...but one for a different thread. I think I'll let someone else organize that one.

Or maybe steal the idea for the Slenderwards for my own blog....

Erm, yes. Anyway. Just to keep this sort of on-topic, I think that I'm changing White Elephants from a +1 to a +0. It will never be a -1 for me because of the work it did for Core Theory, but the revival has just been...subpar. It's never going to be *bad,* in my opinion, it's just kinda jumped the shark for me.

Andy
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 22:37

Thage the Minithulu wrote:
altiumvidetur wrote:

more realistically, I imagine MH, JAF, or ST would win everything, so we'd have to discount them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 22:41

zero wrote:
altiumvidetur wrote:

more realistically, I imagine MH, JAF, or ST would win everything, so we'd have to discount them

Don't forget DiD, IMO that was the best blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 22:43

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
zero wrote:
altiumvidetur wrote:

Ima let you finish Jeebles, but "A New Blog That's Not Mine" was the best Slenderblog of all time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 22:44

Omega wrote:
Mr. Jeebles wrote:
zero wrote:
altiumvidetur wrote:

Ima let you finish Jeebles, but "A New Blog That's Not Mine" was the best Slenderblog of all time.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome 2080 is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
ParaBellum
Untainted

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/27/2011, 23:40

Perhaps we could do this per generation, or within a certain timezone of several months. For example, Seeking Truth, Dreams in Darkness, JAF, etc. would be considered for one category, and A hint of serendipity, Para-Not-So-Normal, White Elephants, etc, would be in another category. Wait, that sounds more like the generations thing, never mind that.

We could also organize it by medium; vlogs, blogs on blogger, tumblr, wordpress, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slendermanmustdie.blogspot.com/
Bard
Anxious

Current Win Points : 48

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   2/28/2011, 00:31

*drives thread back on topic even though she thinks the ideas presented are cool*
Okay, so...haven't gotten around to reading as many as I'd like quite yet, but I figure now's as good a time as any.

+1 A Really Bad Joke. Maduin's a well-drawn character, and the blog does a brilliant job of walking the line between humor and horror. It gets a bit unbelievable at certain points, but when it does, it works well (if that makes any sense at all).

+1 Now I Shall Know You Again. I honestly thought that this was going to be a bit cheesy when I first found it, because I'm not a big fan of huge, obvious homages, even if they are to Stevenson. But lo and behold, when I read through it, I like it. Even though Jekyll's kind of an ass sometimes, he's a relatable, solid character. Parts of it (specifically, the eulogy for M, but other bits too) are even downright touching. My only complaint is that it sometimes seems like it's trying to prod the mythos in certain directions. But that might just be because I know who the author is. And they're generally good directions, mind.

+0 White Elephants. Would almost be a +1, but...I'm really, honestly not sure. As far as the earlier stuff goes, I liked the idea of Core Theory because of how deliciously metafictional it was. I didn't catch it while it was going, though, and it seems a little bit gamejack-ish in retrospect. While it would have been epic for it to have pulled through, it was just a little to ambitious to succeed. That said, the writing is good, and Robert's a convincing character, as is was Redlight. For the reboot: I liked the beginning of it, with Robert's memoirs and amnesiac self. I'd say that so far, the huge kitchen event was probably the best bit (honestly, how badass is it to implement Chef Boyardee in an escape?), and it's kind of gone downhill from there. To the point that I'm half-convinced that Robert is some kind of ridiculously elaborate troll. I mean, besides the latest developments basically turning Redlight into Agent Smith (and look how well that worked out for The Matrix), it's basically halted that bit of the story for now. So...unless it gets worse, I'm going to remain neutral.

-1 Slender Man. Because if you can't be bothered to capitalize or put spaces after your sentences, or to stick with a single story, you shouldn't write a blog. Or at the very least, you shouldn't force other people to deal with you.

-1 Beware the Shepherd. It could have been good had it been thought through a bit more, but the tie-in with Christian mythology was a little fail (Satan isn't God's counterpart, for one thing. He's a fallen angel), and it was trying too hard to sound intimidating. All in all, I'm glad the guy let it die, but wouldn't mind another, better thought out attempt. Possibly using more than just one religion as a basis, and with deeper research into the theology involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   3/2/2011, 07:15

Two more that I've recently read...

Seeking Truth (+1)
Enjoyable, and fairly well written. Oh, and Zeke Strahm. Just Zeke Strahm.

Spiralling Toward The Sky (+1)
Well written, with a believable character in Stormecho. Also the emotion of fear used in the piece works really well, and comes off as genuinely being afraid of the Slenderman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LisaEvermore
Taken

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   3/4/2011, 20:37

I want to add to the list since I finally got back into reading Slenderblogs:

The Mystic -1 (Yeah yeah, I dislike The Comical Adventures of Zeke Strahm quite a bit, move on)
Walk the Hallowed Halls 0 (If he woulda kept going w/ the original idea, this would be my favorite blog ever, but no. He got a boring as a Runner)
My Name is Zytherys 0 (Needs either better text based posts or video/photo based posts, right now it is just a little too neutral)
NOW YOU KNOW -1 (Younger readers may enjoy this, but it is too simplistic to hold up for me)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
Delmonty
Untainted

Current Win Points : 51

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   3/9/2011, 20:20

Alrighty, I'm gonna try my hand at all of this and see if I can provide a solid opinion on some blogs. I'm going to try and avoid expanding on the bigger blogs because we all know why they rock Zeke Strahm get out of here before I throw you out and I don't really need to say much.

EVERYONE KNOWS WHY I GIVE THESE POINTS:
Seeking Truth +1
Dreams in Darkness +1 (Did not see that ending coming)
Just Another Fool +1

EVERYTHING ELSE:
The London Librarian +1
As much as people say that they hate how fast things moved- and I agree, not to be rude, but I know that the pacing was sometimes so quick that I couldn't keep up with it and I have no life. I do, however, enjoy Ava's personality as compared to other bloggers. I think that's what really draw bloggers to her, what with the "take on the world with a grin and a shotgun" personality. And especially when she isn't as polite, more relaxed, and okay with bickering with the other bloggers, such as my own old man. This isn't be being biased, this is me liking a character, and the character's growth, even if I don't care for the pacing and plot at times.
White Elephants +0
I would say plus one, I really, really would, but there's something about the new plot that teeters on being dull. If Robert pulls some twists and turns on us, I would be more than willing to change my vote to a plus one. But after he pulled the multiple Redlights, it really lacked something. I think he really differentiated from other blogs because he had "The Villain", the one that everyone wanted to be visited by because that would equal epic things occurring soon. And with the idea of there being who knows how many, while it is interesting and makes sense, Redlight lost his mystery and general air creepy. Now he's still a big time bad guy, but not as unique. The same goes for Robert- when he woke up and remembered everything, it was interesting. But after the whole Redlight kidnapping fiasco (somehow I keep getting involved with the blogs I mention, whoops), he lacked something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but here's to hoping that Robert develops into something more over the course of the next several months.
Peering in from the Outside +1
I love Thage's character. Out of all the characters I've read about, I think I enjoy her the most. She's got a backstory shrouded with mystery and intrigue, and her deal sets her apart from the other bloggers. Also I love her metaphors, no matter how confused I get when I read them.
The Tutorial +0
I know it's a big time blog, and it's one everyone has heard of, but honestly I don't know how to feel about it anymore. In the beginning M's blog was interesting and I loved it, but towards the most recent entry it teeters out. M has missed opportunities to do something really cool/different/etc. with his blog multiple times, and I'm starting to think the author might be dead or has forgotten about their blog. I wish they would update, because I'm crossing my fingers for something interesting to happen, but I'm unsure if that will ever happen.
What are you in the Dark +1
Reach's character is very well developed. He isn't thrown at you all at once, he grows on you gradually, and slowly but surely, you find yourself taken to his personality. I'm really hoping he and Ava have a plan of where they want to go on here, because I'm starting to feel that the blog is leaning too heavily on the couple aspect- even though it is an interesting twist. I feel the two need to go somewhere now that they have established their relationship, and try not to depend too much on Redlight.
Time to Talk, Get Your Game Face On, The Eleventh Hour +9000
Obviously these blogs are the best thing you will ever read and you should go check them out right now.

Okay, that's it for now. I'll try and go read some more blogs, and I'll add more if I forgot any blogs. c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LisaEvermore
Taken

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   3/15/2011, 06:17

Observe and Terminate +1
-Grammatically correct
-Decent plot
-Within the realm of possibility/good believability
-Not so many characters I want to kill them off myself, but not so boring as to just one or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   3/28/2011, 01:52

Before I do my forgetting:

I'm changing The Tutorial from a -1 to a +1. Giving it a two point jump, I realize. Writing my IC blog has really changed my perspective of it. While I don't always agree with M's content, he's an engaging character, and the blog's premise is a good one. I've gained an incredible amount of respect for it. It may not be one of my favorite blogs, but I'll definitely label it a good one.

Breeze in Monochrome NIGHT gets a +1 from me. The blog itself isn't terrible (even if it's nothing OMG AMAZING...though I can't quite judge, I haven't finished it), but the music is just wonderful. Now if only she would change that eye-raping background....

+0 to Live in the Light (http://liveinthelightfight.blogspot.com). I liked it when it started off, and had some decent foreshadowing, but when the Slender Man actually came in, it was rushed and felt a bit fast. Also, he's gone a bit psychopathic and thrown his hand in with the NAPPA lot. It does have a bit of potential, but it's just not that enjoyable of a read anymore. Plus, he changes his blog theme about once a month or something.

I'm going to merge Time to Talk and Get your Game Face On, along with the eleventh hour, and label them as The Delmonty Blogs. I've been reading them, and I'm going to give a definite +1 to them. That kind of planning beforehand proves that the author knows where she's going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Today at 10:52

Back to top Go down

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: