Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Maduin
Observer

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:56 am

+1 Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man - zero, you're swerving dangerously between the Beard and the Shark, do me proud.

Also, is the summary on this topic up to date?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
zero
Stalked

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:00 am

It's a real challenge to do this properly. Sometimes I wonder how the hell I'm going to write myself out of this mess, but that's part of the fun too. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Maduin wrote:

Also, is the summary on this topic up to date?

No it is not. I will get on that soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderbloggins.net
Maduin
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 am

This world full of YOU - gets a +1. It's horrible, it's pretentious, it's incomprehensible, but is still made of win for being an ultra-fast blog, with the basic plot of a slenderblog compressed into a single week. Oh, and I love the bad writing.
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:16 am

Some more wood for the fire...

Breaker(-1) - Do I even have to explain myself. Otherwise, go, try and read it, and tell me what you think. I'll be waiting...

Yeah, exactly.

Frap and FRIENDS (+-0) - Honestly, I'm torn in this one. True, it is bad, but it has some good posts that nearly make up for it. Plus it's kinda unique, if a little quirky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alder
Observer

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:11 am

+1 for Make it Count. Good writing counts for a lot in my book. Also, for Just Another Fool, Dreams in Darkness and Seeking Truth.

-1 for White Elephants. I dislike the Core Theory story and while I'm not going to trash-talk any of its participants, the founder's fair game as far as I care. Also for H(a)unting. Both these blogs have made me less scared of Slendy, and while that's no doubt improved the quality of my life, it's detracted from my image of the character, which means they get marked down.

Last edited by Alloflifedecays on Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Alloflifedecays wrote:
(though, if possible, not The Mystic as well. Getting more involved in the Core Theory stuff is step down in quality).

Um...can I ask a question? Have you even read "The Mystic?" The only way the blog even remotely relates to Core Theory is the title. It's dealt mostly with 1. his recounting (or at least giving hints to) the aftermath of Seeking Truth and 2. a crossover with Dreams in Darkness. If you think that a crossover decreases the quality, you're certainly welcome to your opinion. But if you call a crossover "Core Theory," well...you're just using the term wrong.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:36 pm

speaking of Frap, I'm changing back to a -1 to him, I can't understand what the hell he's doing now. I tried, I really tried, but....but...what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bard
Anxious

Current Win Points : 48

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Changing my vote for The London Librarian to a +1, because the pacing problems are gone (and I can tell it's not due to Ava being out-of-commission, which almost made it lean in the opposite direction), and the character's starting to become better-defined.

+1 What You Are in the Dark - The amazing thing about this blog is that you can tell that it's improved over time. I'm pretty sure, had I caught this when it was starting, I would have given it a -1 or a +0, but it's come a long way. Every aspect of it has gotten better since it started: the writing, the character, the ideas presented. And the codes, when used, are brilliant.

+1 Peering in from the Outside - It's a good read once you get used to the metaphors, and it was pretty cool to see Thage go from a vague, cryptic-but-not-threatening figure on the outside of everything to a more relatable character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SickSlickMan
Untainted

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:53 am

Lost Within the Green Sky (+1)- Following a slow beginning that established the characters fairly well, Lost Within the Green Sky had some truly great moments and a rather interesting plotline. A shame they seemed to have stopped, I would have loved to see where they took it.

Breaker (+0)- The reason it's not a negative is because I genuinely don't share this universal hatred that everyone else seems to have for it. Yes, the plot was way too extreme and really fucked with the fabric of Slender nature, but I honestly did consider it decently written and it was an amusing read. Not a good blog by any means, but definitely not the worst blog ever written.

Make It Count (+1...million)- I absolutely love this blog. I love the attention to character, the build up entries to Slender Man, the entry when Slender Man appears, the believability of the plot, and just about everything else. This is a shining example of a female protagonist.

No Escape from Reality (-1...trillion)- I hate this blog. Fucking hate this blog. Hate it hate it hate it. And not just because of lack of plot and shit characters, but mainly my hate is directed at the author. I hate that he wrote this worthless pile of shit, I hate that he spammed Unforum for two months trying to get us to give a shit about his stupid story, I hate that he trolled the EMH livestream and taunted Jessa's death in Jeff's face, and I hate that even today he still tries to get people to take him seriously when he will forever be considered a troll. I don't normally hate anyone personally, but he has forever captivated my utmost loathing.

Frap and Friends (-1)- Frap is a joke, and his little band of "friends" are nothing short of a group of trolls. His story has no structure, his character is flat and boring, and his ideas would be laughable if he didn't honestly take them so seriously. It wouldn't bother me if he didn't show a blatant disregard for the earlier works of the mythos, but Frap has proven that not only has he not read JAF, DiD and ST or any pre-Core Theory blog, he doesn't care enough to learn about them. He's trying to re-work the mythos the way HE wants it, and he's failing horribly. The cherry on this shit sundae is when one of his "friends" recently tried to call out a bunch of bloggers for being "fake", which is just in bad taste. He says we're "all in the same boat", but he's all about a clique and disregards anyone outside of it. A bad joke that no one laughs at anymore, is all he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SickSilckMan?feature=mhum
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Time to add some more, and then work on updating the list.

Smiting the Gods: +1
I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of how it's written, but that's just my personal style in prose. I hate the protagonist, but that's the point. You're supposed to hate him. And I love the concept of that. Word of God is that it's a response to people killing proxies so casually, and it's a damn good response.

Peering In from the Outside: +0
I've got nothing against this blog, but I don't quite see why it appeals to everyone so much.

Observe and Terminate: +1
From what I've read so far, it's really good. Interesting concept, fun cast of characters that react well with commenters and each other, and written well enough to be engaging.

Para-Not-So-Normal: -1
I'll admit that I haven't read the whole blog, but I won't be able to now because the blog has been wiped. That's part of the -1, I'll admit. The other part is that the bits I did get to read weren't particularly engaging, partially because Fizzbomb wasn't a particularly compelling, engaging, or likable character. Also, her "return from the dead" feels forced and kind of pointless, with absolutely no forshadowing other than she never explicitly posted that she was dead (and wouldn't have been able to).

Okay, list updating. Hold off on ratings for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:35 pm

My update: Introverted Bird +1
It's not far in the story, but I really like the style so far and it's definitely intriguing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
DaLadybugMan
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Okay, we've updated the list, and I'd like to congratulate our first Slenderfame (Seeking Truth/The Mystic) and our first Slanderblog (H(a)unting).

Other things to note: The Delmont Blogs have been merged into one category, as they're one overarching story over three blogs. Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man is with A hint of serendipity, but it's not quite merged yet, as it's new and different enough that I want to see some more opinions before I merge.
Back to top Go down
Glomple
Untainted

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:29 pm

-1 for FRIENDS/Frap and Friends. I'll be the one who pushes it into the Slanderblog category. It deserves it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Glomple wrote:
-1 for FRIENDS/Frap and Friends. I'll be the one who pushes it into the Slanderblog category. It deserves it.

I got to agree. In one of his posts he fucking KISSES The Slender Man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 pm

SickSlickMan wrote:

Frap and Friends (-1)- Frap is a joke, and his little band of "friends" are nothing short of a group of trolls. His story has no structure, his character is flat and boring, and his ideas would be laughable if he didn't honestly take them so seriously. It wouldn't bother me if he didn't show a blatant disregard for the earlier works of the mythos, but Frap has proven that not only has he not read JAF, DiD and ST or any pre-Core Theory blog, he doesn't care enough to learn about them. He's trying to re-work the mythos the way HE wants it, and he's failing horribly. The cherry on this shit sundae is when one of his "friends" recently tried to call out a bunch of bloggers for being "fake", which is just in bad taste. He says we're "all in the same boat", but he's all about a clique and disregards anyone outside of it. A bad joke that no one laughs at anymore, is all he is.

SickSlickMan wrote:

Frap and Friends (-1)- Frap is a joke, and his
little band of "friends" are nothing short of a group of trolls. ....The cherry on this shit sundae is when one
of his "friends" recently tried to call out a bunch of bloggers for
being "fake", which is just in bad taste. He says we're "all in the same
boat", but he's all about a clique and disregards anyone outside of it.
A bad joke that no one laughs at anymore, is all he is.

SickSlickMan wrote:

Frap and Friends (-1)- Frap is a joke, and his
little band of "friends" are nothing short of a group of trolls. .......
A bad joke that no one laughs at anymore, is all he is.

SickSlickMan wrote:

A bad joke that no one laughs at anymore.

HOLY SHIT. MADUIN'S WRITING FRAP'S BLOG!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosGamma
Observer

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Dammit, I had this thing all written up and when I tried posting it I got logged out somehow and my post was deleted. Let's try this again.

Observe and Terminate (+1) It's a rather different take on the Mythos that I think is quite interesting. I do like how the plot seems to be coming together, and the characters are great. And I absolutely love the mindfuckery.

Seeking Truth/The Mystic (+1) Need I say more?

A Really Bad Joke (+1) Maduin's stuff is absolutely ridiculous. And it's just great.

The London Librarian (+0) I haven't read through the whole thing mostly because I can't seem to get motivated to sit through the 100+ posts from the first two months. I guess I do enjoy what I have read, but I'd like to finish it before I try rating it.

White Elephants (+0) I never got to read the original stuff before it got deleted. Of the current stuff there are some parts I've enjoyed but I'd say I'm probably closer to giving it a negative. Can't quite decide on it at the moment.

Last edited by ChaosGamma on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Hollow Sleeper had problems with that. Seeing as it seems to be a computer and not a site problem all I can do is redirect you here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Maduin
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:48 pm

zero wrote:
HOLY SHIT. MADUIN'S WRITING FRAP'S BLOG!!!!

DAMMIT, HE FOUND OUT! *assasinates zero*

Nothing to see here, move along.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I already killed you Maduin, check my new thread. Death of the Protagonists Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 am

I'm changing Frap and FRIENDS to a( -1). I'm bamboozled about what the hell he's actually doing (or trying to do) with the blog. While I don't hold as much hatred for it as many others, it's just got to a point where it's become a pointless exercise in futility. Wasted potential.

Observe and Terminate (+1) - Interesting, and it seems to have got that whole 'organization' atmosphere right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:09 am

ChaosGamma wrote:
White Elephants (+0) I never got to read the original stuff before it got deleted. Of the current stuff there are some parts I've enjoyed but I'd say I'm probably closer to giving it a negative. Can't quite decide on it at the moment.
*clears throat* Sir? Would you kindly have a look at this please?

+1 for White Elephants, up to where I stopped caching.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:15 am

Cheshy wrote:
ChaosGamma wrote:
*clears throat* Sir? Would you kindly have a look at this please?

+1 for White Elephants, up to where I stopped caching.

Okay, I'll have to check that out sometime.

I know it seems to be one of the more popular ones, so people might hate me for this but:
The Tutorial (-1) Honestly I just could never get over the idea of a stupid Slender Man. And really I didn't really care too much for the whole rules thing. I much prefer the Slender Man having no real rules. I do know how some of the other blogs have used the idea that M's rules don't always work for everyone, but... eh. I'm not really sure what else to say.

Dreams in Darkness (+1) While this isn't really one of my favorites either, I did like the story and the characters in this one. I thought the pacing was great as it was going from a regular blog to a Slender blog. The only thing really that I didn't really care for was the cult. And I have the same problem in The Mystic as well (but it's Zeke Strahm, so yeah). I just didn't particularly like the idea of a cult sacrificing kids to the Slender Man. Not really too sure why, I just didn't. Overall though, it was an enjoyable read.

farao Nyarlathotep.

I'm sorry, all these smilies are funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broeckchen
Observer

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 am

Withdrawal or Scarecrows in the Corner (+1)
I really like the writing style and I'm intrigued by the story. There is not much more to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Mephisto
Untainted

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Slenderblog vs. Slanderblog   Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:35 am

Seeking Truth/The Mystic (+1)
Encyclopedia Slendaria (+1)
The Scarecrow (+1)
The Tutorial (-1)
Breaker (-1)

I honestly never liked the tutorial. I have a big problem with