Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Shattered Soul

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpaceWolf
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Shattered Soul   Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Hey, everyone. I'm SpaceWolf. I started my first slenderblog at the beginning of the month. It's called Shattered Soul. It's basically a prequel to much of the rest of the series. It takes place in 1972, with two ten-year-old boys who find a body in the woods. I know that some of you will be like, "Whoa, a prequel series... That's different." And I'm fully aware that doing something different with the Slender Man Mythos can be pretty dangerous. So, knowing very well that this is potential flame-bait, I have dared to do a prequel.

Don't worry, I'm throwing in as many of the typical "canon" elements as I can, such as the Operator Symbol and The Sickness. But I refuse to use proxies. I think that they're unnecessary, and somewhat cliche, by this point.

Anyway, there hasn't really been anything really unique in the blogs, lately. So, maybe this can be accepted. Who knows? If you're interested, check it out. If you're not, try your best not to flame me.

Apparently, since I'm new here, I can't post an external link for seven days. No worries... I guess that I can understand that. Anyway, until that week goes by, just look up "Shattered Soul" on Google. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding the link. I'll get one up here when the time goes by.

On second thought, it would be in your better interest to search "Shattered Soul slender man" on Google. Incidentally, there's a lot of things called "Shattered Soul". If you search "Shattered Soul slender man", it should be somewhere around the fourth link down.

UPDATE: Those seven days have passed. (Yay! *throws confetti*) So, I can finally give you the link.

http://shatteredsoulblog.blogspot.com/

Last edited by SpaceWolf on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulEatingBunny
Anxious

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 pm

*cringes* Gah, a triple post. Next time if you want to say something else, just edit the original post, it's against forum rules to double-post and triple-posting is worse. But you're new so I understand. I haven't looked up the blog yet, it looks interesting. The only problem that I have with it is the Operator Symbols. Operator Symbols are everywhere now, and they are just as cliche as proxies. A backstory would be interesting, although the mystery about Slenderman is one of the best features
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpaceWolf
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:24 pm

SoulEatingBunny wrote:
*cringes* Gah, a triple post. Next time if you want to say something else, just edit the original post, it's against forum rules to double-post and triple-posting is worse. But you're new so I understand. I haven't looked up the blog yet, it looks interesting. The only problem that I have with it is the Operator Symbols. Operator Symbols are everywhere now, and they are just as cliche as proxies. A backstory would be interesting, although the mystery about Slenderman is one of the best features

Sorry, I won't triple-post again. And I understand the hatred of the Operator Symbol, but I only used it once. And I only used it to entice interest in people who think that sticking to canon is serious business. Also, it's not a back story to Slendy himself. The story just happens to take place in the past. That will all be explained at a later time. Again, I'm sorry for triple-posting. :/

Update: I incorporated the other two posts into the original post, but I don't know how to delete the redundant posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:41 pm

SpaceWolf wrote:
Update: I incorporated the other two posts into the original post, but I don't know how to delete the redundant posts.

There should be a button with an "X" on your own posts, near the "edit" button. I already took care of it for you.

Also, the seven-day rule is there because we like people to join the community and get to know the place before they plug themselves.

I'm not sure how you plan on blogging from 1972, considering that's a format that didn't exist back then. It's definitely a... unique concept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpaceWolf
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
There should be a button with an "X" on your own posts, near the "edit" button. I already took care of it for you.

Also, the seven-day rule is there because we like people to join the community and get to know the place before they plug themselves.

I'm not sure how you plan on blogging from 1972, considering that's a format that didn't exist back then. It's definitely a... unique concept.

My character is blogging about his childhood, from the present. More information on that is in the first entry of the blog. And thank you for taking those posts down. Also, thanks for explaining the 7 day rule. That makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpaceWolf
Untainted

PostSubject: New posts for Shattered Soul   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 pm

A few days ago, I finally updated my slenderblog, after almost two months. Parts 12-20 are now up. Some of you may already know this, but I figured that I should just tell everyone here. I would've posted this when I finished the latest entry, but my internet was down, so I'm doing it now.

For those of you that don't know, this blog is a bit different than most, in that it is a prequel. The blogger is recalling events from his childhood in the early 1970s. The entries are also a bit longer than most others, so keep that in mind.

Here it is:

http://shatteredsoulblog.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 am

I'm just gonna merge your topics for ya. Very Happy

MOD EDIT: Topics merged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
SpaceWolf
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Thank you, Sethlapod! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm

SpaceWolf wrote:

Anytime, bro! Just try to keep your updates in one thread, alright dude? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
SpaceWolf
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:47 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
SpaceWolf wrote:

Anytime, bro! Just try to keep your updates in one thread, alright dude? Very Happy

Alright. I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Soul   Today at 9:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Shattered Soul
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: