Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The minor theories thread

Go down 
+47
xyzombie
Hallow Sleeper
dasuberchin
The_Jewels_91x
sethlapod555
Grifen411
guitargler
Crusergirl
`shadE
Crawford Chaser
Ladnek
gbetch
TearsOfTheAmazon
Malus
vitofthemasked
MockingJay
joshmanfree
Nego
Broeckchen
bilo
Apples
TheVman22
MadameMiz
cowboyghostie
Slynesh
Sachael
Vivi
Zander
looby
quofomo
SuperRob45
DarkKaizer
Lux
Bard
PARADOX intent
Ulysses
WhiteWolf
Omega
Alice
BlackWolf
Mr. Jeebles
Satyrcynic
Neomenia
zero
Nedark
Empty
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
looby
Observer
looby

Current Win Points : 42

The minor theories thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Slynesh wrote:
A theory I've been pondering recently:Alex sent Jay the tape from #26.

I thought this ever since I saw #26...
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

Current Win Points : 114

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Alice wrote:
3. TTA/Masky sent it to Jay, hoping to lure Alex out of hiding, perhaps even to "finish" what the Operator had started.
(TTA or Masky trapped Alex)

now spoiler'd in the event that somebody reading this thread hasn't seen entry 35

Spoiler:
and a side note: i think we're getting more into entry 35 discussion territory here. perhaps any further discussion should be moved over there??^^'

and to get this thread back on track, a minor theory - jay's memory loss includes normal, every day things, not just large chunks of time. i'm thinking of the entry where jessica called him on his lies specifically. it's not that he's a bad liar, he just genuinely didn't remember. it might explain a bit of his genre blindness and why he takes so long to figure some things out, at any rate

Back to top Go down
http://madamemiz.tumblr.com
Slynesh
Anxious
Slynesh

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Spoiler:
Why though?

If he knew where he was why didn't he just go to him in person?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 am

If he went to Jay in person that would put Jay in more danger than he was already in.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Slynesh
Anxious
Slynesh

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 am

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
If he went to Jay in person that would put Jay in more danger than he was already in.
I had that feeling myself but that just seems to obvious.

I mean everyone would be thinking that if Jay and Alex meet up they're easier to find but it's apparent that even separate they can be found at least together they might be able to do things differently and maybe get some answers.

I think I'm looking to into it honestly. :/
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:57 am

Slynesh wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

but as i said in my original post, something feels off about the idea that it was masky/tta that sent the tape. i'm not sure what to think, and anyone could be right at the point, i suppose

also, another minor theory: tim is indeed tta, and only the vids that are direct responses are addressed to jay. the rest, the ones that aren't responses, are addressed to alex. i know everyone seems to have migrated to the alex=tta camp, but oh well =P something to think about anyway
Back to top Go down
Slynesh
Anxious
Slynesh

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:18 pm

MadameMiz wrote:
Slynesh wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

but as i said in my original post, something feels off about the idea that it was masky/tta that sent the tape. i'm not sure what to think, and anyone could be right at the point, i suppose

also, another minor theory: tim is indeed tta, and only the vids that are direct responses are addressed to jay. the rest, the ones that aren't responses, are addressed to alex. i know everyone seems to have migrated to the alex=tta camp, but oh well =P something to think about anyway
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheVman22
Untainted

Current Win Points : -7

PostSubject: I wonder..   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:53 am

After watching Entry#37, I get the feeling that Alex has been being stalked by Slender since he was just a child but didnt notice back when he was young. And it makes me wonder, why slender wants Alex (gigidy). So what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Apples
Anxious
Apples

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 am

Maybe he's been a baaaaad little boy.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:27 am

Slender Man goes after kids. No one knows why. What else can we say?
Back to top Go down
quofomo
Watched
quofomo

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:35 am

Vman22.
Would you PLEASE post in the THEORIES THREAD.

Here, I'll even give you a link.
Back to top Go down
http://quofomo.tumblr.com
bilo
Taken
bilo

Current Win Points : 311

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:48 am

Merged because this is where it belongs.

No one knows why Slenderman stalks children... There most likely isn't a reason at all. It's creepier that way.
Back to top Go down
http://animal-nitrate.deviantart.com/
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 am

Well, it's actually easy to explain with the Tulpa effect.

Other than adults, children have no super stable concept of what works with and in reality and what not. They are still able to believe in things like monsters that magically appear beneath their beds at night although everything is okay at day. Magic is not really an abstract concept for them, not more abstract at least than technology or manners.

If a being needs belief to fuel its own existance, children are a clever way to go. Their psyche might be easier to influence, they are more easily creeped out than adults and they won't try to find a rational reason for themselves thinking that they're stalked by a tall, faceless guy. Instead, they will just accept that they are indeed stalked by a tall faceless guy. It can start with some optical illusions, only bending reality a very, very little bit, and evolve into actually appearing as soon as the child believes strongly enough.

Following this thread of thought, it would even make sense for Him to suddenly disappear and reappear later in the life of the stalked one. It's easier to first come to children, but possibly He didn't want to restrict Himself to them anymore. So He simply prepared a few children by stalking them until they believed in Him very much, then let them grow up to young adults. As such, the belief in Him was repressed, but still there - and He just needed to wake it up again the same way He originally got them to believe in Him. The panicking adults spread their knowledge of His existance and since adults believe what other adults say He soon gets tons and tons of belief.

Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Nego
Untainted
Nego

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Slynesh wrote:
Mr. Jeebles wrote:
I had that feeling myself but that just seems to obvious.

I mean everyone would be thinking that if Jay and Alex meet up they're easier to find but it's apparent that even separate they can be found at least together they might be able to do things differently and maybe get some answers.
Unless the Operator and Masky knows that they are able to find Alex more easily if they Jay finds him. I mean, Jay seems to make finding himself way too easy: he's constantly informing the watchers where and when he is going next. I know this might be just labeled as gender blindness but let's face it: whoever is behind the totheark account must be following Jay on both YouTube and Twitter and Jay is (probably) unintentionally giving him details on where he is going to go and when. Masky is not an idiot.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Nego wrote:
Unless the Operator and Masky knows that they are able to find Alex more easily if they Jay finds him. I mean, Jay seems to make finding himself way too easy: he's constantly informing the watchers where and when he is going next.

as for the first part of your statement, i could see that being very plausible

as for the second part, i don't recall a single instance of jay giving his exact whereabouts. to my knowlege, all he's ever said was that he was on the run again, that he was in a new location, etc. the only thing that might give actually be of use are the locations shown in the entries... which is a stretch, really, because most of them have been very nondescript. masky's not an idiot, but neither is jay =P

it seems far more likely to me that masky has just been physically following jay's every move, or if you think he's on the operator's side, that the operator just slenderwalked masky to where jay's been
Back to top Go down
Nego
Untainted
Nego

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

MadameMiz wrote:
as for the second part, i don't recall a single instance of jay giving his exact whereabouts. to my knowlege, all he's ever said was that he was on the run again, that he was in a new location, etc. the only thing that might give actually be of use are the locations shown in the entries... which is a stretch, really, because most of them have been very nondescript. masky's not an idiot, but neither is jay =P
I thought tweets like these were rather stupid on Jay's part. Sure, they don't tell the exact location where he was going but that should be apparent from the videos he posted earlier and TimMasky obviously knew where that place was. Also, check the last tweet I linked:
Quote :
Beginning to lose track of days now. Decided to return to the house Wednesday.
That was dated January 25th 2010 which was Monday. Jay gave everyone both the location AND the time. It wouldn't really have been so hard for TimMasky to find him, now wouldn't it? Razz

After that Jay first stayed locked in his own house, giving his location to TimMasky once again. Then he went to hiding and ultimately vanished (he doesn't remember what happened to him during the time). It's possible that TimMasky and the Operator got to him during this time and he was himself being operated. Of course, this is just a theory but it's a theory I can believe in.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:19 pm

ahh i see. i'd completely forgotten about those XD my mistake, and thanks for the correction. i guess i was just thinking of recently (he seems to have gotten a bit smarter about these things since his 7 month mind wipe), but yes, that wasn't very smart of him. then again, i still think timasky's been physically following jay around, always two steps behind him, so the tweets may not matter anyway at this point

and yeah, i'm thinking the same thing there. i don't think jay's memories would have been wiped without sme sort of operator interaction e.e
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 pm

The figure in noentry is not the Operator.
Hey, it's never been explicitly stated. Also, that silhouette just doesn't seem...right. It might be the distance, but that looks more human than slender to me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:59 am

Sorry Empty, but I'm going to go with that it is The Operator. Who else could it be and why would they throw in a new character now?
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 am

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Sorry Empty, but I'm going to go with that it is The Operator. Who else could it be and why would they throw in a new character now?
I wasn't thinking of it being someone new.

Personally, I was thinking it could be Alex or Tim; Last I checked we don't know when the video was filmed other than during the Seven Month Gap, so it's possible.

It being Alex could explain Jay being there; Perhaps Alex led him there to investigate, but the Operator was hot on their tail, explaining the distortion. It being Tim would explain the distortion more easily, but the silhouette seems a bit too thin to be Tim.

And never mind the fact that I'm more just throwing this out there as a possibility than seriously expecting it to be true :^P
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:57 am

The minor theories thread - Page 5 Slende12
I'm pretty sure that's Slender Man and not anyone else.
Back to top Go down
looby
Observer
looby

Current Win Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:07 pm

^ lol that fucking better be Slenderman ¬__¬

Plus look at them long arms dude. It can't be anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 am

So uh, theory on TTA Sidetone: TTA is trying to ask out Alex, but he didn't answer so he tried leaving a message and recorded a video on him calling in hopes to get his Attention.
Back to top Go down
joshmanfree
Untainted
joshmanfree

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:47 am

(MadameMiz forced me to put my theory here) have a theory of the end. Since the guys of MH love to not be predictable I feel that the series will end not on the MH channel, but the ToTheArk channel, I personally believe that someone would die and or Jay would go missing. We wont get a conclusive ending on the MH channel, but ToTheArk would make a final video like 10 seconds long of a grainy creepy shot of a grave of Alex or Jay with non descript slender legs in the shot. Then the end.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:21 am

(damn straight i did -w-) i think it's pretty much a guarantee that someone's going to die, but yeah, i like that theory myself, which is why i got you to put it here haha. reminds me a bit of the ending of DiD. i don't really think it'll happen this way, but i like the idea anyway

and to add to that theory: the final conclusive tta entry would come at least 6 months after the final MH channel entry. just when we've given up hope =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The minor theories thread
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next