Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Some cool sounds that can be used in projects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

Some cool sounds that can be used in projects Empty
PostSubject: Some cool sounds that can be used in projects   Some cool sounds that can be used in projects EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 pm

I was listening to recordings NASA has made of planets and the recordings sound perfect for some eerie inter-dimensional Slender Man theme. There's got to be someone who could use this for a series. Maybe the vlogger tries to record audio of Slendy and picks up the echoes of places he's been? Just an idea I had.

Here's Saturn from Nasa's site.

Another, longer one from YouTube:

Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Some cool sounds that can be used in projects   Some cool sounds that can be used in projects EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 pm

... So Slenderman has been to Jupiter? O.o Why would he go there? There's nobody to stalk there... unless... he's an alien FROM Jupiter. Called it. We can end the entire Mythos now. XD

I also love your new avatar, it's cool.

In all seriousness though, I think that the sounds NASA got from Saturn are creepier-sounding. You definitely could use these for a Slendervlog and nothing's stopping you...

I did find out you could make some weird feedback noise in Audacity if you made the decay for an echo effect be higher than 0.5. It sounds really grating and awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Some cool sounds that can be used in projects   Some cool sounds that can be used in projects EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 am

I don't have resources/time for a really good Slenderman vlog. If I did one it would probably be something in the vein of MarbleBumblebee or something--only more seriously humorous. I thought it was a good conversation piece, though.

The avatar comes from a really cool manip someone on Tumblr did. They were nice enough to let me use it. 8D
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Some cool sounds that can be used in projects   Some cool sounds that can be used in projects EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 am

Wow. That actually COULD be used for something. It sounds like it would fit well for the place Tim was trapped in in Entry #65 of Marble Hornets.

400th post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Some cool sounds that can be used in projects   Some cool sounds that can be used in projects EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I have been planning a SlenderFanfilm... Maybe I could use some of these sounds for ambient background noise, IF they're considered public domain.

Although, with some of the opinions I've seen on fanfilms around here, I'm severely nervous that mine will NOT be taken as very good... Damn, I always get cold feet because some of you guys are super-cool with everything in the Mythos, some of you are super-serious, and some of you are in between, and the more I hang around here the more I realize that I really don't know all that much about the Mythos beyond some of the required reading... O.o

ADDENDUM: Here are two feedback like noises I created in Audacity for anyone interested. Both are literally just the same clip of my voice with an echo filter applied and some clip fixing. However both files are in the WAV format so if you don't use Windows, you'll have to convert the files:

Feedback Sound 1
Feedback Sound 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some cool sounds that can be used in projects   Some cool sounds that can be used in projects Empty

Back to top Go down

Some cool sounds that can be used in projects
Page 1 of 1