Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Info needed

Go down 
+2
TheFallenenvoy
Heartless Redemption
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Heartless Redemption
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello Heartless Redemption here. this is my first blog so i'm going to ask you one thing about a mythical creature called the slenderman. I need some useful information to make a documentary about it. i'm not saying it is real or not, but i just want to know any facts and pictures about it and i hope i will get some of you guys.

thank you.

Heartless Redemption
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:31 pm

well firstly he's called Slender and dont let the elitists tell you otherwise...
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Envoy :T don't make fun of the newbies.

Anyways hello Heartless Redemption, for starters the Slender Man is not real. This site is dedicated to the tons of fiction out there that's been created about it.

The thing that draws a lot of people to this mythos is the fact that it's so free-form and that there are very few things that are considered mandatory about it. I would suggest watching some of the more widely-known vlogs, and reading some of the popular blogs to get a feel for what's been done, and what kind of elements may or may not work out. I'd be more than happy to give you a list of recommendations if you'd like!

(And in case you were confused by Envoy's post, Slender is the name of the popular game based upon it, not the name of the creature itself.)
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
well firstly he's called Slender and dont let the elitists tell you otherwise...

And you should always try to make as many jokes about $20 and wifin' in the club as possible. We really, really, really love that joke. XD

But seriously now, we'd be happy to help you get some recommendations. I'd start by checking out at least Marble Hornets, but there's quite a few other great blogs and vlogs out there. You can check the vlog and blog threads here, or check the finished series area for some that you can read/watch and get a feel for. Literally anything can be done in this Mythos, from the incredibly, bleakly dark to the ever so slightly hopeful and light. Even parody's been done with some success. It just depends on what type of story you're trying to tell, and how you want your Slenderman to act in the story, what he's capable of, etc.

BananaBrains wrote:
And in case you were confused by Envoy's post, Slender is the name of
the popular game based upon it, not the name of the creature itself.

Technically, not even that's true anymore since the name of the game was recently changed to Slender: The Eight Pages with the last update. So there's no real reason to call him "Slender"; Envoy was just kidding around. Smile We tend to do that a lot around here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 pm

im always serious.

if you want to look over a big list of all the blogs and vlogs, check this out -http://slenderversemedia.tumblr.com/Listofmajorsections
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 pm

DarkShadows wrote:
Technically, not even that's true anymore since the name of the game was recently changed to Slender: The Eight Pages with the last update. So there's no real reason to call him "Slender"; Envoy was just kidding around. Smile We tend to do that a lot around here.

It's still an abbreviation of the game name much moreso than it's the name of the creature in it. And given that Envoy is known to have a less-than-stellar opinion of the game and fans who came to the mythos because of it, I felt it necessary to make that clarification.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
I felt it necessary to make that clarification.

Hey, the less people that mistake the game as being the origin point for Slendy, the better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Is this going to be one of those "in-game" pseudo-documentaries that treat Slender Man as a real creature, or is it going to look at the 'verse as a whole?

Either way, you should read this. It's a great overview of Slender Man.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 am

Hooligan Spirit wrote:
Either way, you should read this. It's a great overview of Slender Man.

That's probably one of the best sources of info about the mythos I've seen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Sponsored content

Info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info needed   Info needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Info needed
Page 1 of 1