Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

TheScarlettHouse

Go down 
+12
BananaBrains
MsHyde
TailsFoxy
SoulEatingBunny
Packfong
BravoBismuth
saqua23
Ekaetriana
Slendercles
DarkShadows
sethlapod555
NickIsLick
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NickIsLick
Untainted
NickIsLick

Current Win Points : 3

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:39 pm

I found this vlog the first day it came out from a post on Tumblr about a few weeks ago. It's actually pretty good in my opinion. I haven't seen anyone post about this here yet, so here it is

Here's the first video.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

I am definitely liking this, and I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Kind of liking where this is going. Question is, why does Slendy want them at the house? What's its connection to the house...?

Some sound effects are overused in it, maybe they should get some different ones. That and the series started up a bit too fast; I wish they would have taken a bit more time to build the characters and have us get to know them, their relationships, their personalities, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm

DarkShadows wrote:
Some sound effects are overused in it, maybe they should get some different ones. That and the series started up a bit too fast; I wish they would have taken a bit more time to build the characters and have us get to know them, their relationships, their personalities, etc.

The sound effects are recognizable. I can tell some of them were used in MH and TT.

Spoiler:

The series did pick up rather fast, but I think they made up for that with the long videos. The only thing that really got to me was how quickly the proxy came into play. This series does have a pretty original idea with the whole "haunted house" thing, and the acting is pretty well-executed. And the Slender Man looks great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm with you there, sethlapod. I actually really liked the haunted house angle, which begs the question... what's up with that house, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Slendercles
Anxious
Slendercles

Current Win Points : 14

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Yeah this series looks intense. I agree that the distortion is a tad overdone/cliche but I can look past it. The audio distortion is...unique. I'm on the fence about the wavy noises. Either way, I'm definitely going to keep this on my list of series to look out for.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:09 pm

With you on the wavy noises, Slendercles. And heads up, this Proxy, Thanatos? Isn't shy about responding to viewers who leave comments.

I'm keeping up with this series right now. Been a lot of updates, very recently, and I'm waiting to see if that trend continues...
Back to top Go down
Ekaetriana
Untainted
Ekaetriana

Current Win Points : 4

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 pm

My interest has definitely been piqued. I'll check it all out when I have the time.
Back to top Go down
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

Current Win Points : 2

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Hey guys, this is the creator of "The Scarlett House." Thanks for all the great feedback and encouragement, it really helps. I'll definitely keep the advice in mind. I do just want to say that for a while I was stuck with Windows Movie Maker and therefore the effects could only be mediocre at best, but I just recently got Adobe Premiere so look forward to much better quality (I hope). Also, the connection to the house will definitely be explained, don't worry. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.saqua23.tumblr.com
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:17 am

I have a link for a filter pack for WMM that adds like 400 new effects... Including static grain and stuff. it's what I used to edit a short Slenderman found footage.

But upgrade if you can. Loving your series! ^^
Back to top Go down
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 am

That link would be well appreciated. I'm glad you like it! Addressing everyone now, I actually did the whole "series picked up really quick" thing on purpose. I find it more realistic to have something pick up right in the heat of something. But we will have plenty of character development (the "Fun Day" and the next two or three episodes are pretty heavily intended for the audience to get to know the characters) coming up.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:54 am

saqua, I believe this video has the link you need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSQv710A-A

The guy behind it does a lot with WMM and filters. He has some for 2.6 and for the updated Windows 7 version. But the filters do not work with Live, Live is shit.
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:04 am

Started this one tonight, just got done with the repaired footage one and I just had to say...

Nick and LaShai?
Nick. LaShai.
TheScarlettHouse Nick_lachey01

And now, back to watching my stories.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:27 pm

They found the bridge...

Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Seen up to the "A Walk in the Park" video.

Uh-oh, looks like Slendy's making himself a doll house Very Happy!

The Good:

A very unique concept. I really like the idea of the Slenderman doing more than just passive-aggressively stalking people. He seems pro-active in this and I really like that.

Also, the house being a center for all of this is really cool. It gives the series an anchor and a central mystery.

I think Nick Andrews is a cool character thus far. He seems pretty on the level and just an average person; also I like how "I'm just a nice guy with a problem" he comes off--a legit nice guy, not a Nice Guy. I can't tell if Nick and his friend are dumb or fearless to pursue the video lead and then the Slenderman, but I like it. Slenderman's sudden appearance and disappearance was well-executed.

I will never tire of the visual distortion effects. It's like Jaws music or Jason's "ke-ke-ke, mah-mah-mah" sounds. The audio distortions in the video are actually okay in my opinion--they have this random, weird quality to them, like a sort of by-product of Slenderman's presence more than, say, something deliberately ominous. I have some sinus problems and they and the weird Proxy footage made me sick, though--it's the Slender Sickness! :O I am amused.

I don't know if this will be expanded upon, but given Nick's interest in the supernatural, I hope he has some ability to resist the Slenderman. Like, he's not totally helpless. The fact that the Proxy's name calls back to myth is encouraging.

The "Bad":

Proxies and Proxy videos. I generally don't like Proxies. They seem too Machiavellian or competent or something. It's hard to describe. (I'm guilty of this in some of my art, though.) And they always hack accounts, taunt, etc. If something different happens with this one I'll be more than happy to amend my impression, though. I like the name. Greek mythology representin'.

Regarding Twitter: I don't like homework. I hope important plot points don't happen off-video, or I'll totally be bummed out.

The Undecided:

Things are happening very quickly.

On the other hand, I really hate waiting to see Slendy (who is the Jason Voorhees of the story) and to see plot developments, and I despise videos that make the characters fritter away their days as if we all don't know what's going to happen eventually. I'd rather learn about the characters as they run for their lives or face danger or the mysteries. So if someone errs, I'd rather they err on the "too quick" side of things. They're using Slenderman sparingly when he does show, which is good.
Back to top Go down
SoulEatingBunny
Anxious
SoulEatingBunny

Current Win Points : 6

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 am

Look what I found

Anyway, I really like this series. I've never seen Slenderman be attachedto a house before, and it's a cool idea to have people taken to the house all at once. I like how the protagonist does what he's told and actually GOES to the bridge instead of being like Noah saying "NO I WILL NOT GO TO THE BOARDWALK."

Good series. Bunny like.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am

Yeah, the guy behind this series seems like a cool person, he actually subbed to me on Youtube and seems nice.

I am really enjoying this series. It's got a good blend of mystery and creepy happenings, enough to keep things interesting. And it genuinely does make me wonder what the hell's up with that house.

I'm in agreement with Packfong on my likes and dislikes for this, although if they can pull their Proxy, Thanatos, off well I'll be happy with that portrayal.

Also I love that they keep pronouncing it the-NAY-tose instead of THAH-neh-tose. Unless I'm stupid and that's really how you're supposed to pronounce it.
Back to top Go down
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for all the thoughts! It's really, really awesome that someone recognizes the name Thanatos. I can assure, there is indeed a purpose to it, and if you like the original mythology of it I think you will be pleased.
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:16 am

Thanatos: ninja artist.

I like people just talking about the Slenderman the way people would, and the proxy, etc. Instead of it being super dramatic and mysterious.

Thanatos is a jerk and I kinda like it. Poor dude expected to be taken seriously. *sad single tear*
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:41 am

Packfong wrote:
Thanatos: ninja artist.

I thought Masky was the ninja Proxy after the way he stood on Jay's dresser... O.o

Quote :
I like people just talking about the Slenderman the way people would, and the proxy, etc. Instead of it being super dramatic and mysterious.

I like that too, it makes it feel more like real people that just randomly got dragged into these events. I love drama too in certain series, but sometimes too much of it can feel very out of place.

Quote :
Thanatos is a jerk and I kinda like it. Poor dude expected to be taken seriously. *sad single tear*

I just get the feeling that s/he's just Troll-Facing 24/7 under that mask. XD
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 am

New video:

"Video log: Research"

Video description:
"Hello youtube, this is Mike. Nick gave us the login info for his channel so we could upload our findings. He wanted us to look up some info on this "Slenderman" to help prepare for his trip back to the house. As far as what we found, the video shows it all. I don't know if there's anything to this Slenderman stuff, but the more we found out the more uncomfortable the room felt, almost like there was a...presence...there with us... I hope you know what you're doin Nick."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:22 pm

"The Inexplicable Shenanigans of Slendy" sounds like the name of a whimsical sitcom and I would watch the Hell out of it. XD
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:06 pm

DarkShadows wrote:
"The Inexplicable Shenanigans of Slendy" sounds like the name of a whimsical sitcom and I would watch the Hell out of it. XD

Yeah, tell you what. Copyright Donna Noble BravoBismuth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TheScarlettHouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse Empty

Back to top Go down

TheScarlettHouse
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Finished Series-
Jump to: