Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
InfamousPictures
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMpmgX-u0A
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.infamouscinema.com
TheFallenenvoy
Watched

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Generic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sethlapod555
Survivor

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 pm

InfamousPictures wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMpmgX-u0A

No information, somewhat-overused idea, government information that is supposedly secretive but still posted on a website named "whatisslenderman.com".

I'm not even sure if you're posting in character or not.

EDIT: The second video was pretty well-done, though.

Last edited by sethlapod555 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
DarkShadows
Blackout

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Someone really likes TT. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm guessing this is sort of a trailer/teaser for that Slender Man film they've been working on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BananaBrains
Taken

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Did you have to use stills from CaughtNotSleeping and MarbleHornets in your other video though? There may be shots from other vlogs in there but I didn't recognize them right away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkShadows
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah I noticed the MH stills... did you even ask for permission before using those stills? You can't really just use someone else's content like that without giving credit and asking permission... even in a universe where everything basically changes, blends together, and mutates like mad.
Back to top Go down
GeorgePenn
Taken

Current Win Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm

It would have been cool if any actual original footage was used. As is, nothing impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:32 pm

One thing I think noticed was what seemed to be the Slender Man... nude?
I mean, I'm not married to the idea of his suit being an actual part of him, but to show him without it just seems odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etreo
Runner

Current Win Points : 260

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm going to fly against the wind here. This looks good. I hate myself for admitting it, because I hate plug and runners. I wouldn't even be posting here if the thread wasn't already active. But it is, and the film does look like it could be good. You should've done OC, obviously, but it still looks good. And I'm sure the film will be good.

But I won't be watching it. Because advertising on social media like Twitter and Facebook is one thing, but taking advantage of a close knit community like this one to cram your product in our collective face regardless of our attitudes toward Slenderman films is quite another. In your first thread you gave off a real, infuriating sense of arrogance, from my point of view at least, and I knew from then on that I wasn't going to watch this film. If your too cheap to pay for advertising, how many corners will you have cut with story? With SFX and actors? That said, I wish you all the best for your movie, I really do. You've just alienated yet another Slenderman fan in the making of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkShadows
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Oh, is this that guy who was asking us to design the costume for this film or whatever?

Look guy, I wasn't here when that thread happened, but I don't appreciate you coming into any community I'm part of, a place I consider home turf, and throwing up billboards everywhere. Judging by that last thread, people here really didn't care for the idea of your film and were concerned that you were going to screw up Slenderman. And the one thing you never, never screw with is Slenderman.

Now, I'm sure you probably won't screw up Slenderman, and I wanna like your movie. But when you use clips from other vlogs without permission and blatantly copy styles used by other vlogs just to advertise your one film, well I kinda feel like that's stealing. And I don't like people who steal from others in any community I'm a part of. It makes me question just how much more you're going to steal from other series, and whether or not you actually care about telling a decent story. Right now you look lazy for taking those clips and using them without permission (ESPECIALLY from Marble Hornets; they have their series on DVD now and would have every right to call "Piracy" on you for using those clips in a non-fair-use way without asking). And I don't wanna watch any film or series by someone lazy enough to steal instead of doing their own work.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Yeah don't bother telling us what this is or anything. Absolutely no need to say if this is in character or out of character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mrsaturnjr.com/
InfamousPictures
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 am

Producer here.

We are merely "testing the waters" with these videos as part of a viral marketing campaign for the film. None of it represents the film in any official way, nor will they ever be sold or generate any revenue. We wanted to work with this community to see if we're heading in the right direction... or not... and where we might go next. I might add that this information has not been shared with any other community; therefore, you are the only ones that are being told of our... "plan".

As we painstakingly slave away at making the film, "The Slender Man", truly something special for the fans, and hopefully something other Slender Man fans will take and build upon as they always have... we saw a need to develop a buzz/interest early on. We aren't doing things the conventional way, as anyone that's been following us from the beginning surely knows. We did not want this film to be a surprise to the fans or be seen as something that is taking advantage of the character, the mythology, or the contributors to the mythology... which is why we're keeping everyone in the loop from Day 1. These videos are a small part of that.

However, it's becoming increasingly clear that our tactics are not resonating with those who matter most - YOU. While we have a large share of supporters, that support is nothing without its core. As we've said before, while this film will be accessible to most people... it's for the fans. We admittedly have a long way to go before the film sees the light of day, but we want you along with us on the journey. So, in order to show you we keep our word and mean business... we will honor the sanctity of this forum in which you call home and no longer use it as a testing bed for the film. Also, if our work thus far... namely the 1st entry in the viral series... offends you, it will be taken down.

We kinda like the 2nd one though... a lot.

So, accept this as our sincere apology for offending any. We will continue to work extremely hard on getting this great film made. For those who wish to follow along, we'll be on Facebook Facebook. As always, thanks for keeping us in check. We're hoping this film will be something most, if not all (it's hard to win em all...) will be proud to call this THE Slender Man film.

Thanks,

Steven Belcher
Producer, "The Slender Man
http://www.whatisslenderman.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.infamouscinema.com
DarkShadows
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 am

I'm not offended you are doing the viral marketing. I'm offended you stole form other series to do it. :c
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 am

If we matter the most, why dont you acknowledge that 90% of the slenderman community are tired with half-arsed attempts at movies?

most of us dont want it. least of all something quite so unoriginal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etreo
Runner

Current Win Points : 260

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am

To be fair, this movie doesn't look half-arsed. And I take back what I said about arrogance in the previous post, I was thinking of someone else. I might watch this after all. Any plans for UK screening?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:40 pm

There hasn't been a proper trailer of any filmed footage. Which has been my main problem about the whole thing. This has been in the works for about half a year or so, yet there's no actual film to promote? I mean I'm sure he'd do a decent job with it, but it's kinda hard to promote something when there's no actual content.

Also, I'm going to be locking this thread now.

MOD EDIT: Locking topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN   Today at 8:15 am

Back to top Go down

ORG CASE FILE #773-CP2//WHAT_IS_SLENDER_MAN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man General Discussion :: Slender Man Media-
Jump to: