Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Immersion vs Availabity?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

Immersion vs Availabity? Empty
PostSubject: Immersion vs Availabity?   Immersion vs Availabity? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 am

I've never really interacted with the fandom of any of the series, so I'd like to pose a general question to understand better: I originally planned to separate myself as much as possible from my series in order to maintain the immersion for people following the series, but it also seems like people enjoy being able to know and interact with the creators of the series. Would it be better to keep myself separate, or acknowledge that I am a part of creating the series?
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Immersion vs Availabity?   Immersion vs Availabity? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 am

Immersion is pretty much dead in the Mythos as far as I can see. There's too many vectors of communication for it to exist as it used to.

But I do like being involved in the story and pretending it's all real, so I enjoy ARG elements to a point. If there's too many it gets too difficult for newer fans to start following it; that was my main problem with EMH. I feel like I'm missing too many things if too many ARG elements get thrown into the mix.

I'd say allow interaction here, but keep it hush-hush on Youtube or wherever you're posting this. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Immersion vs Availabity?   Immersion vs Availabity? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 am

Thanks. Being a late arriver to every series, I detest the ARG-centric approach that some have taken. I'm all for audience-involvement, but not so much that it carries the plot.

That being said, I've seen your other threads and I appreciate all the thought you're putting in to your series. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Immersion vs Availabity?   Immersion vs Availabity? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:51 am

Could be a while for mine, I'm still ironing out details. If I can I would like to start actually getting some story planning done when I'm less busy, and eventually would like to do some script writing over the summer. If all goes well I foresee myself filming this series sometime this midsummer or fall, and ideally the series will last no longer than a year to a year and a half.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: Immersion vs Availabity?   Immersion vs Availabity? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 am

I would have to agree that immersion these days is kind of non-existent in most cases, even with some of the bigger hitters. And really, it depends what you're going for.

If you want an ARG style experience, then immersion is a must. ARG's are all about the immersion, and keeping the player under a sense of "is this real, or not real". That and interaction. Though ARG's aren't for everyone, and take a lot of upkeep to keep it running and accessible. A good example would be Caught Not Sleeping, which is pretty much a Slender Man ARG in most senses.

As for visibility, most Slender Creators these days are more visible, with a shift away from the whole immersion business. In some cases it is a shame, as it loses a sense of unknown that a Slendy Series can have. But it can aid one with other factors, such as having tighter control over what you are doing, how fast you’re doing it, and keeping the story on track. If you've got a story planned out, it can make it far easier without much outside interaction. A good example would probably be StanFredrickBTS, which told its own story, whilst having series commentary on the creators OOG channel.

And whilst there is a difference between immersion and visibility, it's best to remember that In-Game and Out-Of-Game apply to your work in any case. It's best to keep your Slender works separate from any other works or channels in most cases, if only to make things tidier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immersion vs Availabity?   Immersion vs Availabity? Empty

Back to top Go down

Immersion vs Availabity?
Page 1 of 1