Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

Going Forward

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Etreo
Runner

Current Win Points : 260

PostSubject: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Obviously a lot of the forum is still shell-shocked from what has happened to this forum lately. And we've lost a lot of good members too, Envoy, DFW and the entire staff. I'm not commenting on whether what The Doctor did was right or wrong, or what Zander did initially to kick this whole thing off was justified either. I couldn't care less for your personal feuds, severe or trivial. What I do care about is the way it's effecting the community.

I imagine Doctor's first step to normality will be to indite some new moderators. He's already said Cairo will be the only other admin. I guess I see why that is, after what happened before he doesn't want an Admin he doesn't fully trust. I'm not slating him for that. This is an open request regarding the moderators.

Doctor, for the sake of this community, please choose moderators who have been here for a while, and have been good contributors for that entire time period. Not people who followed you and kissed your ass while Zander and Co operated this forum. People who have been pillars of this community, whose words and opinions were highly regarded by not only fellow members, but by the former mods. The sort of people who have done nothing but good for this forum.

I don't know you well enough to know if you care what I say, if you'll heed it or if you're even reading this now. But I ask you to make this a democratic process. There will only be you and Cairo as admins. The old staff aren't coming back. What have you got to lose? You're fairly unpopular among the newer members; you have, after all, been the catalyst for many of their friends leaving the forum. However, allowing them to nominate users to moderate the forum could help change that. We don't want an autocracy, and you don't want to be hated by your userbase. Surely democracy is an easy way to please everybody?

Whether you follow my advice or not, I have one request. Consider Sethlapod for moderator. He's active, he's popular and I've never seen him say a bad word about anybody. People trust Steven the way the should trust their mods. It makes sense.

Anyway, I hope your introduction to me over the past couple of days hasn't been too unbearable. I just love this community and I want it to thrive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Etreo, I understand. While people may not take it as such, my best interest is for the forum as well. As such, I will talk to Sethlapod about this and get his standpoint.

To answer you, I do care about what you have to say, as much as I care about what anyone of the users has to say. I take all of your comments to heart when it comes to this place. The new staff will consist mostly of users from around this site, however I do want the creators to have a voice. So, here's moving forward!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slendernation.forumotion.com
Etreo
Runner

Current Win Points : 260

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

*Raises imaginary glass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

*does the same
Back to top Go down
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Etreo, I gotta agree with you on the thought that SN needs mods from its existing member base. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 pm

So, here's the decision I've come to. In order for both the creators and the existing members to have a voice on this forum, I've decided to have two admins and six mods. Three mods will be from the existing users here, and three will be creators. How does this sound?
Back to top Go down
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 pm

The Doctor wrote:
So, here's the decision I've come to. In order for both the creators and the existing members to have a voice on this forum, I've decided to have two admins and six mods. Three mods will be from the existing users here, and three will be creators. How does this sound?

I can see how it's important to make the place creator friendly, really. It is. But along the same lines, bluntly put, a lot of the creators, especially the "big names" are trolls. I just, caution to caution:-)

Also for what it matters? I support the idea of Sethalopod.

Last edited by TheArmadaBledd on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeorgePenn
Taken

Current Win Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 pm

So what exactly are the biggest changes? Sorry, this whole business passed me by without me knowing lol. Is there anything substantially different other than these mods being gone? I'm just wondering, because I love using this forum and will continue to be a member.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Besides the staffing changes, biggest change I've spotted so far, George is that Dark Harvest has a subforum in the Video Series Trailheads forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucas Auraelius
Untainted

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't see how being a creator could be on its own a qualification for modship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/StrangAeons
Broeckchen
Observer

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:17 pm

I know I said that I was only coming here for the little plug I put up but I have a suggestion for this.

Doc, why don't you only elevate the three mods from the userbase for now and give it, say, a month until you choose three creator mods? That way the users can get acquainted with them beforehand and decide together with you which creators they'd most like to see as mods. And then everyone would be happy. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
River Song
Watched

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Actually, the people he has in mind are all posters here already. People who contribute already to the site.

But yes, I would wait until we have three mods from here to mod th others as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Sounds good! IT SHALL BE DONE!
Back to top Go down
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 am

I can definitely see why people might feel iffy about creators being mandated as half the staff. It's like... people being brought into a community and being put in charge of it who weren't part of it. I can see why people are upset, and worried, worried that the community will be lost under the shit and the trolls and the garbage that tends to follow around creator worship.

If I offend Doc, River, Cairo or any one with the above I apologize, but it's the truth. It's easy for me to see why the concept worries people. But I want to emphasize that the only way the community that already exists dies or is drowned out is if it lets itself. And I'm looking in at the folk that were already here and are still talking, going on with their parts on the site as if nothing had happened.

I'm hoping that they all stay and more like them poke back in. I know I wasn't part of that community beforehand but I know I'll be supporting it, partaking. I don't know that mandating creators as ANY part of the staff is a good idea. I've been staffing websites since I was a preteen and that feels raw to me. But it may also just simply be that staff is chosen out of folk that can be trusted in Doc's eyes and I couldn't blame him for that, either.

(THAT BEING SAID, in the interest of full disclosure and not being a two-faced prick, I admit I've offered to help moderate over here, because as I said, I've been staffing forums since I was a preteen. It's almost a compulsive HABIT by now.)

Just... remember everyone. If a problem arises from all that, it's as simple as a clean, logical message to someone explaining what the issue is. Discussion, rational discussion, and a little effort can lead to good things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
River Song
Watched

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 am

If I know Doc (And I do) he will pick a team out of people that he trusts, and people that all of YOU trust.

Also in the interest of full disclosure, I have also offered to help, and will probably soon be doing some new art to replace what was taken down. Thankfully not much, as I do have a job and all.

<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:16 am

I actually can not wait to see the changes that will be made to make this place home once more.

I look forward to seeing this place grow again into a place where a new person to the Mythos can come in and actually learn, not be deterred but drama and hate.

While you're here, consider clicking the link above. That'd be cool of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XuchilVith
Stalked

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:25 am

I actually can not wait to see the changes that will be made to make this place home once more.

I look forward to seeing this place grow again into a place where a new person to the Mythos can come in and actually learn, not be deterred but drama and hate.

Oh you mean like you did with Zero, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 am

If you continue to be derogatory towards the other members, regardless of their posts, I will be forced to take action. You've been warned.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:30 am

The Doctor wrote:
If you continue to be derogatory towards the other members, regardless of their posts, I will be forced to take action. You've been warned.

Lol look at all these fucks i give.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 am

Alright, you've forced me to take action. I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:32 am

The Doctor wrote:
Alright, you've forced me to take action. I'm sorry.
I'm not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:33 am

For the record, cause I know there are people watching, I gave a warning, and it was ignored. I did what any admin of any forum would do in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 am

You've given her a couple warnings from the looks of things.

While you're here, consider clicking the link above. That'd be cool of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mashuga31
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 am

I noticed the win points meter on the side of posts has been removed. Is this a permanent change?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 am

Nahh, I removed them to do some maintenance on them. They will be back up soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Today at 11:42 am

Back to top Go down

Going Forward
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Nation :: Site Feedback-
Jump to: